VISANOW

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at VISANOW in August 2013.

Interview Details – Called to come in. Took a 'mental agility' test, basically a series of what if questions and such to assess how much intelligence you command. Interviewed with a fairly nice guy who was asking very detailed queries about myself, which were designed to assess deeper aspects about you. Seemed pretty intense for a seeming average position with lower than the average median pay grade.

Then interviewed with the head of IT. Real charmer, personality of a paperweight. Asked a bevy of questions to test technical knowledge, experience with coding and frameworks. Understandable, but he was acting as if this was a senior web developer at Google position. They're a .NET environment, I'm open source (php) and he was being a bit of a rude prick and a smug one at that. Didn't matter, I wouldn't have accepted any offer anyway.

Interview Question – He'll ask you a question, then a follow up question to check your initial answer hoping you'll second guess yourself.   Answer Question

Immigration Specialist Interview

Immigration Specialist

Interviewed at VISANOW

Interview Details – Received a phone interview, which went great and I actually enjoyed... but I HATED the actual interview. While as the employees that worked there seemed very relaxed and laid-back, the interviewer seemed kinda full of himself. It was extremely difficult to connect and actually have a conversation with him. Asked me basic HR questions "do you like to work with powerpoint or excel better"

Interview Question – No unexpected questions...be prepared for HR standard questions.   Answer Question

THEY ARE RUDE Interview

THEY ARE RUDE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VISANOW.

Interview Details – The interview was various different interviews. It was a waste of time and they were very rude.

Interview Question – They were basic questions   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at VISANOW in June 2010.

Interview Details – VisaNow used my resume to create the job description for the position, yet I never made it past the first interview. Now, perhaps I wasn't the right candidate, but that is just plain bizarre. I got the sense that the CEO (who is a lawyer) really controls marketing. Case in point -- he was in the middle of working on the new website plan and about to launch the build out as they were STARTING to interview for the Marketing Director job. Interestingly when I recommended that they wait until they hire their new Marketing Director (who might have a thought or two about the website), suddenly my qualifications weren't right. Also, it was really nebulous around why the former director was leaving -- and it doesn't appear that they've been able to keep anyone since. So, if you are a junior marketer and a tactical implementer, this might be the place for you. If you are a strategic marketer used to running a department - proceed with caution.

Interview Question – How would you leverage the web to attract new business?   View Answer

Immigration Specialist Interview

Immigration Specialist
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at VISANOW in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of two parts. First was an interview with the director of human resources. Second was an interview with the legal director. Both interviews were fairly typical, asking about my background in general, my expectations from a work environment, etc. The interview with the legal director was odd in that he seemed to rely on me to keep the interview going. He seemed just to want to talk about how great Visanow is.

What was most alarming, though, was that the director of human resources politely but directly told me that the immigration specialist would regularly and consistently work 60 hours a week, perform 80% paralegal work, and earn $45,000/year. The legal director, meanwhile, never came out and said this despite directly being asked. This alarmed me. Why would the legal director try to hide this?

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly original/unexpected.   Answer Question

Are You Successful? Interview

Are You Successful?
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VISANOW in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty straight forward. A phone interview to get a better understanding of the company and resume review. Then an invitation for a 1 on 1 interview which consisted of an office tour and meeting potential colleagues. A second invitation for a "day in the life" to get to know other managers, co-workers and see what the job was going to be like. Similar to most interviews, a recap of your resume, why choose previous jobs or companies, experiences, goals and ambitions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate a higher salary, work from home or additional benefits.

Marketing Vice President/Director Interview

Marketing Vice President/Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VISANOW in September 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with several senior staff members and subordinates. No formal agendas for the interviews, seemed to be more weighted to my learning about them than them learning about me... was very cocnerned about the organization's turnover after I visited LinkedIn and found alot of "former" employees' postings. At any rate, after three interview sessions -- more than 9 hours of my time -- as well as an IQ test (they indicated I was "off the charts" in intelligence), I received a "thanks but no thanks" voice mail message from the VP of HR, indicating that they elected to pursue another option. Strange -- just seems that after that level of time on both sides, they could have been more forthcoming in what caused the derail.

Interview Question – How would you market our visa services to the consumer?   Answer Question

Worked for VISANOW? Contribute to the Community!