VISANOW Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

International Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VISANOW (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the HR recruiter over the phone and then they had me come into the office for an interview. I met first with the support team lead, then I shadowed one of the employees and finally met with the head of the department. They also asked for a writing sample where I replied to a fake email from a customer.

Immigration Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VISANOW in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and had a phone interview a few days later. Soon after that, I was offered an in person interview. At the office, the interview was split into two parts. Part one was interviewing with two employees that currently hold the position, and part two was with the case manager. Within 10 minutes of leaving, I was called back for a second round. I then spoke with the director of the entire department. Everything went well, as a few days later, I received an offer. Very pleasant and quick experience overall.

Customer Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VISANOW (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was much quicker than I thought it would be. I spoke with a recruiter a few days after applying and scheduled an interview. My interview consisted of meeting with two managers and shadowing one of the lead support reps for 30 min. or so. The interview wrap-up consisted of meeting with the head of customer relations who asked questions to get a feel for the type of person that I was and what I could bring to the company. Prior to the interview, to avoid being redundant, I suppose, she spoke with the direct manager who provided feedback from the first one. Overall, it was a very good experience and they were so easy to speak with. It's really easy to get nervous in an interview but they made it very easy to let those walls down and speak passionately about what it was I was looking for in a company and what I have to contribute.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the immigration industry? (or something like that)   1 Answer

Immigration Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at VISANOW.

Interview

It's a fairly typical interview process. You submit your resume online and answer a couple of standard HR questions about why you are leaving and why you want to work at Visanow. Then a phone interview is setup with their corporate recruiter. You speak with her for about 15-20 minutes. Again, usual HR stuff about why you are leaving, what do you know about Visanow, how much you are making, the salary you expect, etc... Everyone is very nice and upbeat the whole way. For my interview, the role and pay were a step down so the recruiter told me that she would contact me again about a new position they had opening up next week (the "case specialist") and to expect her call by the "beginning of next week." I didn't hear anything back until I decided to apply for the position and received a boilerplate "we are pursuing other applicants" rejection email from the recruiter. All in all, it was an ok experience.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VISANOW.

Interview

I received an InMail on LinkedIn from the Corporate Recruiter about an open opportunity that might fit my skills and qualifications. Very soon after responding to the message, I was contacted to set up a telephone screen. During the screening, the recruiter asked about my current role, relevant work experience, why I was open to new opportunities and what I'd be looking for in a future role. After the telephone screen I was invited for an in-person interview. During that interview I met with the recruiter I had previously spoken with and also met with the hiring manager. Both were prompt for my meeting and respectful of my time (as I was still employed while interviewing). The questions I was asked centered around my professional background, skills and experiences. Following the first in-person interview, I was invited to return for a final round of interviews where I met some of the leadership team. Again, they were prompt for the meeting and very pleasant to talk to. These interviews provided more detail about some of the current organizational initiatives and projects, including how this role would contribute to those initiatives. After the final interview, I was contacted within the promised time frame regarding the outcome and did receive an offer of employment. My overall interview experience was very positive. Everyone I interacted with or observed during my visits to VISANOW was friendly and professional and made me feel like I was already a member of the team. The interview experience made me confident that I would be a good fit within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current organization?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VISANOW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was a mess. The CFO was inattentive and rushing, i think she forgot about the interview. It was actually the CEO that had to remind them I was in the office. All the managers involved were late/busy or rushing on to the next meeting. I understand they're growing but it came off as rude, I doubt if I was a front end developer I'd be treated the same. They were constantly complaining about long hours they have to work and how everything is a mess. Not necessarily a bad thing but they were bad mouthing other employees and their lack of skills. Accounting/Finance wise i think the company is obviously a mess and it seems like their entire staff in that area is on their last straw. I pretty much got told straight up that the pay isn't worth the hours, choas, or low level work involved.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VISANOW (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very friendly introduction to the company. Was given a brief, 5 minute tour of the offices (have since moved). Friendly faces and smiles all around. Sat down with Nick in an office and was sold on the benefits of the company. I was comfortable the entire time and left with positive vibes.

Interview Questions

• How will your sales experience translate to a position at VISANOW?   1 Answer

Corporate Sales Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VISANOW.

Interview

Received an initial screen call - than an invitation for a phone interview. Then got a call that the phone interview was canceled. A week later got a call that they wanted to do a phone interview AGAIN, did the phone interview then got a rejection email about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep you self motivated in a non-traditional sales environment?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at VISANOW (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee to this company. I spoke with the recruiter initially about my background, the position, etc. and she set up an in person interview for me while still on the first call. I got to the interview and was given a tour of the office and was taken to a room by the recruiter I had already spoken with. I was supposed to speak with two managers and she informed me that one was busy, so I would be speaking with a different one, but still totaling two managers. The first one entered and we spoke for around 10 minutes, mostly about her background and the company and how she operates her team. I spoke a little, only about my current position, and asked some questions about the company/position. She never asked any behavioral questions or anything about me as a candidate. She said she would grab the other manager I was supposed to talk to (either of them) and came back a couple minutes later to tell me they were both in a meeting and weren't available. That was it. I was there for a total of about 15 minutes. I emailed the recruiter the next morning and thanked her for giving me the opportunity, but let her know I wasn't able to meet with either of the other sales managers. A day later, they sent me an email letting me know they were pursuing other candidates. I asked for some feedback about the process and they again gave me a canned response about pursuing other candidates (I understand they aren't obligated to do this but it would be professional of them to explain why). I'm more than qualified for the position and have never experienced such a terrible interview process, as I felt like I never had a chance in the matter and I'm not sure why.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VISANOW.

Interview

The process started with a brief phone screening with the Corporate Recruiter. She was very upbeat and easy to talk to. Most of the questions were about what I knew about the company and how i thought i would fit in to the work environment. After the phone screening I went through two rounds of in-person interviews; first with two supervising attorneys, then with the head of the legal department and the founder. Every single person I interviewed with was pleasant, informative and very easy to talk to. Nerves went right out the window! I met with each person individually, not in a panel.