VIZIO

Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.6

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VIZIO in October 2014.

Applied online within a week was called by HR for a phone interview. The HR person was very nice and very informative. She gave me great insight on the company and scheduled my in person interview. The same week I came in for a in person interview. Met with 2 of the 3 people I was suppose to meet with. The first person to interview did not show any emotion and asked the basic interview questions. The second person to interview me came in 10 minutes late which through me off. She then immediately began asking me questions while she was unpacking her computer from her computer bag which was very distracting and I couldnt tell if she was listening or not. Then proceeded to ask me the same questions the first person had asked me. She stared at the top of my head a lot as if I had a fly away hair that bothered her which was also distracting because she wouldnt look at my face. All in all though the experience was very good and everyone was very nice.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online and they got back to me within 2 weeks. First phone interview with the HR, then face-to-face interview with the Hiring Manager, then the last round is with the VP. Entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • It's a long interview process, but the HR person and the Hiring Manager were nice people. Interview setting was quite casual but very detailed.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VIZIO.

Called onsite interview after resume review by recruiter. Met hiring managers and finance executive. Questions were within expectations.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VIZIO.

Got a phone call to come into their Irvine office for an interview by an HR intern, who I actually had to ask to send me a confirmation email on the details of the interview (time, date, position title, interviewer names); otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten one. She did not provide me with the names or position titles of my interviewers. However, over the phone she did tell me to ask for the name of the in-house recruiter upon my arrival for the interview.

When I came in for the interview I did just that and was lead to a conference on the floor of the department that was seeking to fill the position. The recruiter sat me down and asked me if I needed anything. I was also asked if I had any questions for them; although it did not seem to be an part of the interview that "mattered", I had seemed to have been asked that just for burn time to allow the interviewers to finally come in.

In total I had 3 interviewers, all of whom were of a particular ethnicity and none of them seemed to try to show even an ounce of expression throughout the entire interview.

The first interviewer came in, gave me their business card and sat down. The first thing I was asked about was my professional licensure, which the interviewer wanting to know the very specifically as to my current status. Was a little overkill. After that he proceeded to ask me to go through, line by line, every description written on my resume! Didn't seem to have looked at my resume AT ALL before I arrived, just asked me to summarize it. I have been to many many interviews before and I have never been asked to re-explain my background, line by line from top to bottom of my resume.

As I was responding to his rather ridiculous question, the next interviewer walked in (completely late mind you), a situation which obviously forced me to stop my response mid-sentence and stand up and greet the next interviewer, who very much gave me the impression that she did not have time to be there. Not surprisingly, she sat down and immediately started asking me questions that I had already covered in depth before her tardy, arrogant arrival. At that point I started to have serious doubts about the Company culture and whether or not it was a job that I was at all interested in. Then the third interviewer walked in; had to run through the whole awkward greeting again mid-sentence. However, this interviewer just sat there and wasted his time, on top of further throwing off my dialogue.

This second interviewer was just a piece of work. She asked me questions like, "Do you even know VIZIO?" I am aware of an interviewer wanting to hear the interviewee's understanding of the Company's operations and background, but the way the question was directed at me was in such an arrogant and snobby manner. She then completed her thought by bragging about the Company's successes within its first 11 years of business. She also asked me if I would be interested in a contract opportunity. At that point I was so insulted that I was 110% sure that I had no absolutely no desire or interest to be anywhere near anything VIZIO, forever. How unprofessional! I'm interviewing for this position that you called me in to interview for, and now you're wasting my time to ask me if I would rather be interested in simply working some tedious project for you? As if to say that I was no longer good enough for that job opportunity. Hey VIZIO, learn some simple professional etiquette.

The final stages of the interview consisted of this same interviewer asking me general questions about my prior work experience and then expressing her frustration to me when I would respond with general answers. Hmm, okay.

The interview ended with me taking an Excel test which I destroyed.

Thank you VIZIO.

Interview Questions
    • "Can you explain every line item on your resume, please?"   View Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at VIZIO.

I was contacted by telephone and they scheduled an interview within the same week. The job requirement stated at least 7 years experience, but in reality they really wanted someone with 1 year experience to do all the grunt work. It was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to step down from your current position? How are you going to deal with the commute? Um... why couldn't you ask me these questions over the phone...   Answer Question

Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at VIZIO.

Telephone interview was scheduled a week ahead, the interviewer called roughly 15mins late, he didn't even apology for the late call. He sound like he just woke up, he had no idea what to ask, it was short 5 mins conversation of waste of my time. He said will keep in touch, but I don't think I want to work at a place where HR don't have respect for the possible future employees.

Sales/Customer Service/Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sioux City, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sioux City, SD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VIZIO in September 2011.

The interview basically asked about my experience with computer hardware and sofrware as well as qyestions about the knowledge of television technology, modems, sound bars and tablets.. IIf you didn'tt know the answers to the product questions it was OK, they're going to train you on their product line if you're hired.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in two years??   View Answer
    I was hired on the spot and I accepted the position. They stressed that the job would entail nights and weekends up front, just so that their potential employees were aware,

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VIZIO in February 2011.

The phone interview was 30 min, and very quickly hiring manager wanted me onsite the next week. Vizio works very fast to get the right candidates (they don't waste any time) as they are a very fast, dynamic company. The onsite interview was also very fast (2-3hrs).

Interview Questions
    • Coming from a big company, it was difficult to answer "how to cope in a start-up environment and be flexible in a dynamic culture?". Also, "how do you deal with constant change?"   View Answer
    Their bonus (accordign t

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VIZIO in July 2010.

I would have to say it was because of a friends reference. He was working for the company for 2 years going on his third and the best part was he was able to put in a good word for me and push my resume through which allowed me to meet HR and VPs of the company. There were two interviews one with the HR and with the VP and I would have to say it was very challenging and nerve racking.

Interview Questions
    • Besides your skills and experience what can you bring to the company that can contribute to the team?   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate but they weren't budging on their set salarys for positions

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VIZIO in April 2010.

interview process is easy as long as you are willing to underpay.

Interview Questions
    vizio will not negotiate at all.