VMS Interview Questions

2.7

Ad Services Assistant Interview

I applied online in the sweltering summer and was actually interviewed six months later. Go mergers. Hired a couple of months later. The interview was easy and not long at all. The managers were easy going and knowledgeable. The culture was slack and egos held at minimum. Salaries were horrible but maybe this was for the best-scared away the world's horrible people.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online – interviewed at VMS in June 2013.

They bring you in double team you and then hire you

Interview Questions

I didn't trust the company

Communication Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMS in August 2010.

Nightmare.HR called day before. CEO wants interview next day b/c leaving for vacation. Get there, CEO seems angry, asks quests. & leaves room as I answer. Ppl. come in & out so repeat answers. At end, left alone in room. Have to hunt down HR to say goodbye.

Interview Questions
    • What types of communication campaigns have you worked on.   View Answer

News Monitor/Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online – interviewed at VMS in April 2010.

Applied for the job online. Interview was done through a temp agency. They worked with the employer and made the decision to hire or not. Once hired, was paid by the temp agency until after probation period ended, and then the company decided to hire you or not. The interview process was by temp agency, done over the phone and in person. A skills testing for typing was done online, and when the temp agency and company chose to keep me as an employee, they both notified me,

Interview Questions
    • The skills test online for typing. Not a super great typer.   Answer Question

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VMS in June 2009.

Initial resume was sent to hiring authority, that person called and interviewed me on the phone and then a 1:1 interview outside of the office. When I was asked to join the company, I was then introduced to the office staff and other managers. The people were very nice and easy to work with. However, I soon realized that non-manager 'staff" were not allowed to express opinions about potential product solutions, the competition or add any value of service to the clients they supported unless directed to do so by management.

Interview Questions
    • How would you overcome a client's dissappointment if the products and services you were to offer did not meet their expectations and did not want to pay for products or services rendered?   View Answers (2)
    There was no salary negotiation allowed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMS in November 2008.

Panel interview with team, then with managers, director, controller, treasurer etc

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses and what are the most memorable mistakes that you have made in your career   Answer Question

SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VMS in July 2010.

Everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview was well organized

Junior Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at VMS in August 2008.

I was first interviewed over the phone by an HR manager to see if I qualify for the position. The second interview was also a phone interview by a sales manager, very professional guy who asked a couple of brief questions. I got the sense that he just wanted to hear my phone voice. A week later I was brought in for an in person interview at their offices. The same sales manager interviewed me. We reviewed the position, including some expectations as well as my prior sales experience and my salary expectations. Two weeks later I was brought in to interview with the VP of Sales. This was the most frustrating interview but helped me get the offer. It didn't seem as if she had even glanced at my resume and the purpose was to micromanage her staff. She asked about my experience and asked how many calls a day I made to prospects and what my "farming" strategy was. I received an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Probably would be the "farming" strategy question, because I had no clue what she meant.   Answer Question
    They gave an offer which I countered for $5k more and they countered with a offer $2k more than the original and offered a bonus, which ended up being unreliable.