VMS

Relevance Date Difficulty

News Monitor/Research Editor Interview

News Monitor/Research Editor
Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at VMS in April 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the job online. Interview was done through a temp agency. They worked with the employer and made the decision to hire or not. Once hired, was paid by the temp agency until after probation period ended, and then the company decided to hire you or not. The interview process was by temp agency, done over the phone and in person. A skills testing for typing was done online, and when the temp agency and company chose to keep me as an employee, they both notified me,

Interview Question – The skills test online for typing. Not a super great typer.   Answer Question

Ad Services Assistant Interview

Ad Services Assistant

Interviewed at VMS

Interview Details – I applied online in the sweltering summer and was actually interviewed six months later. Go mergers. Hired a couple of months later. The interview was easy and not long at all. The managers were easy going and knowledgeable. The culture was slack and egos held at minimum. Salaries were horrible but maybe this was for the best-scared away the world's horrible people.

Interview Question – What was your favorite account and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Downers Grove, IL

I applied online - interviewed at VMS in June 2013.

Interview Details – They bring you in double team you and then hire you

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't trust the company

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VMS in November 2008.

Interview Details – Panel interview with team, then with managers, director, controller, treasurer etc

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and what are the most memorable mistakes that you have made in your career   Answer Question

Director, Business Development Interview

Director, Business Development
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at VMS in June 2009.

Interview Details – Initial resume was sent to hiring authority, that person called and interviewed me on the phone and then a 1:1 interview outside of the office. When I was asked to join the company, I was then introduced to the office staff and other managers. The people were very nice and easy to work with. However, I soon realized that non-manager 'staff" were not allowed to express opinions about potential product solutions, the competition or add any value of service to the clients they supported unless directed to do so by management.

Interview Question – How would you overcome a client's dissappointment if the products and services you were to offer did not meet their expectations and did not want to pay for products or services rendered?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There was no salary negotiation allowed.

Very Difficult Interview

Communication Manager Interview

Communication Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at VMS in August 2010.

Interview Details – Nightmare.HR called day before. CEO wants interview next day b/c leaving for vacation. Get there, CEO seems angry, asks quests. & leaves room as I answer. Ppl. come in & out so repeat answers. At end, left alone in room. Have to hunt down HR to say goodbye.

Interview Question – What types of communication campaigns have you worked on.   View Answer

Junior Account Manager Interview

Junior Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at VMS in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed over the phone by an HR manager to see if I qualify for the position. The second interview was also a phone interview by a sales manager, very professional guy who asked a couple of brief questions. I got the sense that he just wanted to hear my phone voice. A week later I was brought in for an in person interview at their offices. The same sales manager interviewed me. We reviewed the position, including some expectations as well as my prior sales experience and my salary expectations. Two weeks later I was brought in to interview with the VP of Sales. This was the most frustrating interview but helped me get the offer. It didn't seem as if she had even glanced at my resume and the purpose was to micromanage her staff. She asked about my experience and asked how many calls a day I made to prospects and what my "farming" strategy was. I received an offer two weeks later.

Interview Question – Probably would be the "farming" strategy question, because I had no clue what she meant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave an offer which I countered for $5k more and they countered with a offer $2k more than the original and offered a bonus, which ended up being unreliable.

SQA Engineer Interview

SQA Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at VMS in July 2010.

Interview Details – Everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview was well organized

Interview Question – What is your weak quality?   Answer Question

Worked for VMS? Contribute to the Community!