VMTurbo

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.8

Business Development Interview

I went to the second round of interviews, the office was very open (no offices, large tables) Questions asked were; why a startup, why technology, if I was willing to work longer hours, and how I took rejection. It was more of a conversation style of interview. They HR department was very nice and easy going but it was really emphasized how long the work week would be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at VMTurbo in May 2014.

A total of three interviews, and I got the position. Each step in the interview process brought me to a new, insightful, enthusiastic, and intelligent current employee at VMTurbo. In the end, I declined only because the salary wasn't quite high enough and the growth opportunities at my own company were slightly better. I left with a great opinion of VMTurbo and the expectation that the company will succeed.

Interview Questions

The opportunities at my current job were more enticing to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VMTurbo.

Recruiting reached out to me on LinkedIn, had a phone interview the day I reached back out, interviewed on site the following week, started two weeks later.

Enterprise BDR Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMTurbo.

Applied online, contacted by email for phone interview, basic questions about yourself and experience in marketing and sales

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhalla, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMTurbo.

I applied through college career fair and then got an online test. Then went to their office at Valhalla, NY for an onsite interview and meet with about 5 engineers. The interview process took about 2 weeks

Tech Support Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMTurbo.

Interviewed the 5 people. Learn about VMTurbo from a friend who already works there and heard very good things.

Interview Questions
    • normal interview process. What you are currently doing. How is the day to day job being done. What are the accomplishments. Why you think you will add value to the company.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VMTurbo.

I did several phone interviews, then had an in-person interview in their offices. I got a verbal offer the same day as my interview and a written one by next business day. The negotiation process only took 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions seemed pretty straight forward. I was mostly asked what I would do to make the marketing program better. I was put on the spot to give my critiques and recommendations.   Answer Question
    I negotiated my bonuses and salary. They really tried to make it work best for me, so that the move would be well worth it for me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhalla, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMTurbo in December 2013.

Applied on university website, and got first an on-line test and then a phone screening one week later. Two rounds of on-site interviews in the NY office followed. The first one is technical and the second one is completely behavioral. During the interview, I was asked about coding, algorithms, SQL and Java.

Interview Questions
    • How to efficiently do join when there are millions of entries in the tables?   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VMTurbo in October 2013.

The time between first interview to final offer was extremely quick and exciting. Within the first 20 minutes of entering the office I was instantly excited about the potential to join the team. Everyone was extremely friendly and so enthusiastic about the company that I accepted the offer on the spot, even though I had two offerings from opposing companies.

Interview Questions
    • A mistake I had made in my previous professional career and how I corrected or recovered.   Answer Question
    Both the recruiter and my now direct manager were very open and reasonable when it came time to negotiate salary and overall title/position.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMTurbo in October 2010.

I submitted my resume in the job fair and their recruiter contacted me one week later. We scheduled an phone interview. A software engineer interviewed me. We talked about half an hour. He has worked there for about half a year and enjoyed his job. This is a start-up tech corp so I think they need some programming guru to boost the development of their virtual products.