VMTurbo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at VMTurbo in May 2014.

Interview Details – A total of three interviews, and I got the position. Each step in the interview process brought me to a new, insightful, enthusiastic, and intelligent current employee at VMTurbo. In the end, I declined only because the salary wasn't quite high enough and the growth opportunities at my own company were slightly better. I left with a great opinion of VMTurbo and the expectation that the company will succeed.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The opportunities at my current job were more enticing to me.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Valhalla, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMTurbo in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on university website, and got first an on-line test and then a phone screening one week later. Two rounds of on-site interviews in the NY office followed. The first one is technical and the second one is completely behavioral. During the interview, I was asked about coding, algorithms, SQL and Java.

Interview Question – How to efficiently do join when there are millions of entries in the tables?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VMTurbo.

Interview Details – Recruiting reached out to me on LinkedIn, had a phone interview the day I reached back out, interviewed on site the following week, started two weeks later.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Enterprise BDR Interview

Enterprise BDR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VMTurbo.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by email for phone interview, basic questions about yourself and experience in marketing and sales

Interview Question – What other jobs are you applying to?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Valhalla, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VMTurbo.

Interview Details – I applied through college career fair and then got an online test. Then went to their office at Valhalla, NY for an onsite interview and meet with about 5 engineers. The interview process took about 2 weeks

Interview Question – How to calculate PI   Answer Question

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Tech Support Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at VMTurbo.

Interview Details – Interviewed the 5 people. Learn about VMTurbo from a friend who already works there and heard very good things.

Interview Question – normal interview process. What you are currently doing. How is the day to day job being done. What are the accomplishments. Why you think you will add value to the company.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VMTurbo.

Interview Details – I did several phone interviews, then had an in-person interview in their offices. I got a verbal offer the same day as my interview and a written one by next business day. The negotiation process only took 2 days.

Interview Question – All of the questions seemed pretty straight forward. I was mostly asked what I would do to make the marketing program better. I was put on the spot to give my critiques and recommendations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my bonuses and salary. They really tried to make it work best for me, so that the move would be well worth it for me.

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Marketing Operations Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at VMTurbo in October 2013.

Interview Details – The time between first interview to final offer was extremely quick and exciting. Within the first 20 minutes of entering the office I was instantly excited about the potential to join the team. Everyone was extremely friendly and so enthusiastic about the company that I accepted the offer on the spot, even though I had two offerings from opposing companies.

Interview Question – A mistake I had made in my previous professional career and how I corrected or recovered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Both the recruiter and my now direct manager were very open and reasonable when it came time to negotiate salary and overall title/position.

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VMTurbo in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very simple. It consisted of two rounds of interviews. One phone screen and an on-site. In the phone screen, they ask simple OOPS and Java related questions. In the on-site interview they mostly go through the resume and ask questions regarding the projects.

Interview Question – describe polymorphism.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at VMTurbo in October 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume in the job fair and their recruiter contacted me one week later. We scheduled an phone interview. A software engineer interviewed me. We talked about half an hour. He has worked there for about half a year and enjoyed his job. This is a start-up tech corp so I think they need some programming guru to boost the development of their virtual products.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at VMTurbo

Worked for VMTurbo? Contribute to the Community!