VMware

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through other source and interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details – Had short 10-15m phone screen, interview the next day with manager, team member and Associate on cross functional team. Lots of construction going on. Huuuge campus, wear comfortable shoes, and get there early, parking may be problematic, and no public transportation there YET, but I hear they're working on it. Generally hiring everyone as contractors for 1 YEAR- not direct hire, even if you know someone, seems to be where public tech co's are going. Interiors are very barebones, no frills. Cafeteria has good food though a bit pricey. Lots of changes going on as they keep buying companies, so everything's in constant flux. People seemed chill and nice, very personable, dress code was casual so dress one level above. Lots of hiring going on, but delays in decision making process bc HR process not very streamlined. another round of interviews awaits me.

Interview Question – What would your ideal manager be like? What would you need to do your best?   View Answer

Palo Alto, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at VMware in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was brought over by a colleague who I'd worked with previously.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe in detail how I'd create a sales forecast and budget for a new product line.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VMware in December 2013.

Interview Details – There were 4 rounds of interviews totally. The first one being aptitude followed by 2 technical rounds and 1 Final HR interview. There were eliminations in each and every round. The aptitude had 30 questions of which 15 were mathematical and statistics solving with logics. The other 15 were english and vocabulary with time limit of 1 hour. The aptitude was pretty difficult.

The technical rounds was average. They majorly focus on your resume and projects completed during the graduation. They test your confidence and level of pressure. A few technical questions and candidates way of approaching a problem. Situational questions and other general questions like why VMware and what is your plan in the next few years. What is your expectation from the company.

HR round was all about the candidate. Hobbies, interests and character.

But the candidate cannot make out clearly as what they were looking and what is good and best.

Interview Question – You are assigned to do a presentation on a topic with in 5 years by your manager. There is no help available( Not your colleagues, cannot call someone, No internet, Cannot contact your seniors as they are in a meeting). How will you give the best in such a situation ?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VMware in April 2013.

Interview Details – First the HR called to check if I was interested, then fixed a telephonic interview with the TL.
Next was the face to face interview which consisted of 4 rounds- 1 with the TL, another was with the TL of another team, 2 others with the team members.

Interview Question – There was nothing as such, the questions were mostly generic, related to previous work and job applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 30% hike is wot I negotiated, and they accepted without any hesitation.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at VMware in July 2011.

Interview Details – Its very good, first step - any of team member will take interview(technical).
2nd step - Supervisor round - technical and salary related.
3rd setp - Manager round - general interview and salary discussion.
4th - HR round for salary discussion.

Interview Question – nothing as such   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary + stock option were offered.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!