VMware

Updated Aug 26, 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware.

The interview process starts with a phone interview and then leads to an onsite interview which is usually with one or more inside sales representatives and followed by one or more inside sales managers. After that, they will do a background check on you and some other formalities but that is it.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness? What do you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    I asked for more compensation two separate times and was granted more each time

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at VMware in May 2014.

I found this job on all the boards (Monster, Brass Ring, etc). They said they had "hundreds" of resumes submitted. I phone interviewed first with a member of the team (who would become my peer). Then I met him in person. Then I had a call with his peer. Then I had a call with the hiring manager. Then I had a call with that manager's manager. I also had a call with the salesperson aligned with the role. Then I had a face to face meeting with the VP of the group, the whole team, and another salesperson.

It was between me and one other candidate, and I took the initiative to meet with the most senior member of the team and a few others. I was told that it pushed me over the edge and got me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Senior VP asked me detailed questions about where I thought the market for certain products was headed. I had lots to say, and I felt that I nailed it.   Answer Question
    I tried but got nothing more than the original offer. Recruiter said "so should I tell the hiring manager that you aren't exactly over the moon about the offer?". I was convinced to take it when I carefully considered the total offer, including stock, benefits, etc.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware.

Once you get passed HR the process is easy. Know what you are talking about, have the relevant experience and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • You need to launch a project in 90 days. What do you do?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at VMware.

I submitted my application and heard back very quickly, was brought in to a hiring blitz with people of varied backgrounds in which I was asked to prepare a presentation, go through a mock call, and talk about my background.

Interview Questions
    • The mock call was the most difficult because I was the least prepared for it, and I became very nervous.   Answer Question

Lead Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware.

"Hiring Blitz:" 3 step process

1. Company presentation- present company information in front of two hiring managers, then sit down standard 2:1 interview.

2. Sales Simulation- Call "client" (managers in different room) and go through a sales simulation and sales transcript. Then standard 2:1 interview with two different managers.

3. Interview- Move into a room with two other managers for a sit down lengthy 2:1 interview.

Lead Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in October 2013.

Hiring Blitz, took place same day.

1.) Sat in a conference room with others interviewing for the position with some hiring managers. Here, we listened to a presentation from an employee on the overview of the company.

2.) Formal interview with two other managers and just myself being asked typical questions one would expect.

3.) Sales simulation, where I called into a room with two other hiring managers. Had a script that I received in advance in an effort to assess my phone and sale presence. This was followed up with another interview with these managers.

4.) Conducted a powerpoint presentation for two other hiring managers so they could assess your presentation skills. The presentation could be basically anything related to the company. This was also followed up with another short interview with those managers as well.

Each process was about 15 minutes each.

Senior Manager, Global Mobility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware in September 2013.

The process was easy. I worked with a coordinator to schedule times. Everyone was prompt and the interviews went smoothly. I went through 6 live interviews, scheduled in blocks of 3, then I had a follow-up phone interview. I had an offer w/in 2 weeks of my first interview.

Interview Questions
    • I went into the interviews prepared. I was not thrown by any questions. I did have one interviewer go through my resume' and ask about each job change, which was a first.   Answer Question
    Fairly simple, not much back and forth.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

interviewed at VMware in May 2013.

Took me in a room. talked on a video conference

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware in June 2012.

The hiring process began with an application and resume submission on VMware's website. The interview was conducted at their Austin offices. I went through a series of two interviews with a single hiring manager. Both interviews were personable and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with dealing with analyzing software keys, finding faults, and cold calling fortune 500 companies to update their software licenses?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware in April 2012.

very lengthy process and multiple interviews. They bring in many people at once and it is very tedious