VMware Interview Questions in Cork

Updated Jun 9, 2015

3.1

Regional Escalation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews A screening telephone interview with recruitment manager - 30 minutes Telephone interview with hiring manager and another manager - 1 hour Face to face interview with hiring Manager and colleague - 1 hour I was told that I would receive feedback 4 days after the last interview which I did and thankfully I was successful for the role. There were another 2-3 weeks before starting the role. Contract exchange, Security, background checks and reference checks were completed by an external vetting company and on the week I started, there was a medical

Interview Questions

• Q1. What did I have to offer over an internal candidate Q2. How do I handle stress Q3. Give examples of where I have had the challenge of influencing another team's performance   1 Answer

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Dropped the Cv based on job ad seen on a job search website. Had a phone call couple of days after. Phone call is the screening step, very formal and professional. After maybe 30 minutes, we agreed we were heading toward the same direction. Been offered a face-to-face interview on site. Second interview was simple straight forward, met a GSS team manager, one team member for the technical assessment, all together 1 hour... 24 hours after Phone call for final decision...

Interview Questions

• example of situation where one has to deal with an unhappy user? General standard questions... nothing tricky or sneaky. Real assessment of the potential, technically, team-player like, friendly, professional, I believe that's what they are checking as VMware is very customer satisfaction driven   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. I had a quick interview with her, and at the end was told that I had passed it and the next step was the assessment day in Cork. She also told me to call her back in 24 hours to make sure my registration was confirmed. I did so - it was an international call as it was a UK number - and she told me that my place was actually confirmed and that they would book me the hotel in Cork - I just had to be there. The assessment day was two days after Easter, so I organized myself to be there. A few days before, another recruiter called me saying that they needed to check my Spanish skills, and we scheduled a call for that. But they didn't call, so I rang them to see if there was any problem. They apologized and scheduled another call in 24 hours. They didn't call also this time. After one day another recruiter called me and told me my place was cancelled due to my poor Spanish skills. I complained with her that I have been given 2 phone appointments to test my Spanish skills, haven't been called, so how can they know my Spanish isn't good enough? I have been studying it since high school, I attended one year of university in Spain, had a Spanish girlfriend for 2 years and wrote the final thesis of my Masters Degree in Spanish. Also, I complained that they told my my place had been confirmed ten days before and I already had organized myself to attend. After one day I received a mail from her boss confirming that I could not attend the assessment day - and that's all, they never answered me again. It felt like a waste of time, money and most of all like a bad joke - first confirming my attendance then cancelling it less than a week before the assessment day; refusing to test my Spanish skills and telling me they were too poor for the role...

Interview Questions

• We will call you tomorrow at 4pm to test your Spanish skills   Answer Question

TSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2013.

Interview

Fair questions that were touching infrastructure, storage and system administration. The process took one hour. It was an one to one interview using Skype. A short induction has been given and the atmosphere was really okay. Some questions were not easy to answer, like 'What is an INODE'.

Interview Questions

• How to troubleshoot network connectivity issues?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in March 2013.

Interview

Telephone interviews, by HR, Supervisors, then senior manager. No out of the ordinary questions. All expected interview questions about my experience, education, and plans going forward. All team members were located in another country, which meant all telephone interviews no face to face.

Interview Questions

• No out of the ordinary questions. All very standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Telephone offers, no movement in offer.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in June 2011.

Interview

initial call from internal recruiter and went through what I currently do, salary etc. An interview was organised for the following week. The interview was a new process for me (maybe because I have'nt interviewed in a while) I was given scenarios and asked to explain different setups etc based on my CV content, not too much on the where do you see yourself in 5 years or what do you think you can offer. The main concern I would have is that you cannot be expected to answer questions of scenarios without knowing a companies various policies on what is supported etc, and it was a surprise to find the answer to one of the questions asked was to remove their product ! Then to hear nothing for almost 3 weeks after was very poor on their side.

Interview Questions

• a customer is not getting the required perf from hosting a single vm on a single esx   1 Answer
    • what do you call a link between two loadbalancers   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied via agency, spoke to 3 different people on site - 1 was a HR person, 1 a team lead and finally 1 technical engineer. Good impressions on the day but they never even bothered contacting me again. Even the agency vanished out of my life. Quite frustrating as I had already spoken to them on 2 telephone interviews and spent nearly half the day out there. I also spoke to HR in person during a visit to my previous employer who was cutting staff heavily. Also, this wasn't the first time VMware basically wasted my time. Twice in 2005 and 2006 I went through 4 interviews only to be told my skills were unsuitable. Strange that they spend so much time on interviews without respecting candidate or even bothering to reply. As an after, they do cut back staff from time to time and often are making people redundant on one time while hiring in another. Not exactly ethical.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work do you like to do?   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in December 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was called me from overseas. He was rather aggressive; asking some appropriate (e.g. tell me about your experience so far, 3 elements of SOP legislation [I gave 4]) and completely inappropriate questions (do you have kids? I there's something I don't understand about your CV....(after explaining the point 3 times in 3 different ways)...I still don't understand, what am I missing here?)

Interview Questions

• 3 elements/principles of SOP legislation. I was quite a specific question but it was mentioned in the Job Spec so easy to prepare for   1 Answer

Inside Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in November 2009.

Interview

The initial interview was 1:1 with the hiring manager, regrettfully he left before the next stage. He was great and it was a very pleasant experience. Second was an phone interview with the Sales Director, he was nice, questions were fair. Third was a panel interview with Territory Sales Management. They were fair but could have been more polite. If you come up against the panel from the territory, back off it you get a negative feeling. The territory people have more power than they admit and you will work closer with them than you think. So you need to be able to work with them. HR people are very pleasant but drop you the minute you sign the contract. HR after that is not employee focussed.

Interview Questions

• Do your distance learning BA studies not interfer with your work?   1 Answer
    • Were would you find businesses to sell to?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary and boni were not negotiable but fair.