VMware Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I sent my resume in via a friend who worked for the company and was telephoned the next day. They wanted to set up a phone interview. I was called when we had set up our time and it was clear the interviewer was at home. As I could hear dogs barking. However I think that is part of the atmosphere at VMWare. Stay at home to work and laid back. She asked me if I was interested in the company and what my main goal was. General interview questions nothing hard. She then told me about the rest of the interview process which involved hypothetically selling coffee to a group of VMware employees and then a more on the spot sales presentation with some VMware managers. She said she would call me to schedule those interviews. I never received a follow up phone call.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals regarding your career and how you will contribute to this company or any?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone interview and then leads to an onsite interview which is usually with one or more inside sales representatives and followed by one or more inside sales managers. After that, they will do a background check on you and some other formalities but that is it.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? What do you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more compensation two separate times and was granted more each time

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware in December 2013.

Interview

I came into the office and interviewed with the manager of the Federal inside team. I had 2 different interviews--with each manager on the Federal inside team. They asked that I provide a presentation to test my knowledge of Federal and also the territory that I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was about the current requirements that are going on for VMware in the territory I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

It was fantastic, very detailed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

very lengthy process and multiple interviews. They bring in many people at once and it is very tedious

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by someone in HR at VMware who told me one of the Austin Sales Managers would be reaching out to me to set up a phone interview. I got an email from the manager a few days later and we talked the day after. We went over my resume (in depth), he asked behavioral questions, performance questions, and I asked him about the job. A week later I had another phone interview with a different sales manager. It was pretty much the same format. The interview experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VMware?   1 Answer
    • If I called your last supervisor, what would he/she say are two areas that you need to improve on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I met with VMware first at a career fair through The University of Georgia. Spoke with the representatives there first and gave them my resume. A few weeks later they sent me an email letting me know I had been chosen for a interview on campus. They came to our campus and interviewed 12 other students applying for the Inside Sales internship. I had a 1 on 1 interview with two of the Inside Sales managers. The interview was mostly just talking through my resume and explaining my past work experiences. There were a few behavioral questions like "What is something you could work on in your sales experiences so far?" or "What is one quality about yourself that you think you can work on?". Other than that there weren't many in depth behavioral questions. For me I made sure to keep drawing connections between my past experiences and how I handled them and how that could apply to working in the inside sales position. Then a week later they called me and offered me the position. That was basically it. Things to focus on for a successful interview. Know a lot about the company. Connect your experiences to the position you are applying for. Be willing to relocate. Try to find a personal connection with the interviewer. A good portion of the interview we were talking about life and our perspectives on success and things of that nature. It helps to have the employer see not only your experience but also what you are like as a person. Let your personality come out in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a quality you could work on?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about VMware and why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate with them because the offer they gave me was great. They are paying me more money than any other internship program and providing housing for the summer. They also offered to fly me out to Austin but I declined because I wanted my car there for the summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I was hired during a hiring blitz. Everything went smoothly and quickly. I started by talking momentarily with the recruiter and then answered on paper some situational sales questions about my experience. I emailed that back and had a follow-up call with the same recruiter the next day. We had a phone interview and then I went on-site to VMware in Austin where I had two interviews. The first interview was with one person and the second interview was with two people. I did not have to whiteboard anything as it was just Q & A. I was offered the job the next day and started about 2 weeks later. It was pretty fast, smooth and I'm loving working here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VMware (Reston, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

Very good, multiple people, good questions, very concerned that I was a good fit for the job and I would fit in. It was one of the best interview processes that I ever went through for any company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Can be disorganized and called last minute to give a offer from HR in Palo Alto, CA after going silent for 40 days. Now the company is going to extremes with new hires and discussions on more lengthy tests and on boarding training.

Interview Questions

• The favorite is to name all the Executives at VMware.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have nothing in writing on commissions which is scary! I have since learned it is due to the lack of info they have on that- very old fashioned out dated process in all processes just about!