VMware Interaction Design Intern Interview Questions

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Interaction Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Got the interview through a referral. Took about 2 months to hear from University Recruiting. The email ended up in my spam folder, something about their emails somehow flags it as spam, so it took me a week to see the email. I responded and it took another 2-3 weeks until I heard back from another recruiter and set up an interview with my would-be mentor. A week later I had a phone interview with a Senior Interaction Designer (future mentor) and that went well. Took about another week to get another phone interview setup with another Senior Interaction Designer on the team. After the 2nd phone interview, it took about a 3 weeks to hear back for final results.

Interview Questions

• How would you design for someone locating their seat in a baseball stadium?   Answer Question
  • What would you do to improve a certain webpage?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to up my hourly pay by 3 dollars. I negotiated by throwing in the fact that the SF Bay area is incredibly expensive to live(higher standard of living).