VMware

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at VMware in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus.
Asked to write an algorithm for word Wrap.
Asked about Hashing and hash code
Sql question: display third highest salary of an employer
Algorithm: knapsack and its efficiency

Interview Question – They asked me to write an algorithm for word Wrap .   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at VMware in January 2012.

Interview Details – 3 round phone interviews. Mostly behavior questions.

Interview Question – name 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Interviewed at VMware

Interview Details – On Campus

Interview Question – So, as a freshman how will you be able to contribute to VMware?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at VMware in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was long and pretty much a nightmare. I only ever had to interview once and it was a pretty intense interview, but getting in touch with the right people afterwards was challenging. You can tell there is a bit of a lack of communication between the different groups at vmware.

Interview Question – I do not really remember a lot of the questions, but almost everything I did iteratively had to be redone recursively and vice versa   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was kind of to good to have to negotiate anything

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details – HR called me to make appointment. Then an engineer called again who asked some background questions and coding question

Interview Question – how to implement atomic semaphore (dekker's algorithm )   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VMware in March 2011.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews:
The first one was with a Quality Analyst consisting of questions from operating systems and linux system calls and Linux OS.
Got call next day to schedule next round

The second interview was with a manager.
role Description, Software engineering concepts, good coding and design practices.
Waiting for result..

Interview Questions

• what is the function to allocate memory on stack   View Answer
  • system call to duplicate file descriptor   View Answer

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at VMware in March 2010.

Interview Details – Some one from their HR called me up 3 times at least to schedule an interview time. I was partially flattered but I also noted that they were inefficient.

This was followed by just a normal phone interview with some problem solving activity. The interviewer was polite and the interview went off well.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in May 2014.

Interview Details – first round is written test in the college. then 1-1 technical interview in the office only then the Manager took the technical round. they will test your basic knowledge about the subjects. later some students were shortlisted for hr round. concentrate more on c c++ ds os basics of networks.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college and process took around 1 month. The process was smooth, started with a written test and then 3 telephonic interviews. The interviewer was very nice and guided me throughout the process.
They asked basic java questions about interfaces and abstract class, plus a lot of data structure questions.

Interview Question – Overall nothing difficult, basics should be clear though.   Answer Question

Interviewed at VMware

Interview Details – written + 2 technical interviews + HR

Interview Question – nothing tough, just basics (OS, C,C++)   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at VMware

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

VMware Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware Intern interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees and interview candidates.