VMware Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.4

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at VMware in May 2014.

Recruiter contacted me, went through phone screen, phone interview, and in person interview.

The recruiting process was somewhat jumbled - I was put in touch with 3 different recruiters, one of who forgot to tell me that my phone interview was scheduled. Otherwise, everyone was pretty good with response time.

Interview Questions
Offer was much higher than any other place I'd looked at for this type of position so I didn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at VMware in October 2013.

On campus.
    Asked to write an algorithm for word Wrap.
    Asked about Hashing and hash code
    Sql question: display third highest salary of an employer
    Algorithm: knapsack and its efficiency

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at VMware in January 2012.

3 round phone interviews. Mostly behavior questions.

On Campus

Interview Questions
    • So, as a freshman how will you be able to contribute to VMware?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at VMware in January 2013.

It was long and pretty much a nightmare. I only ever had to interview once and it was a pretty intense interview, but getting in touch with the right people afterwards was challenging. You can tell there is a bit of a lack of communication between the different groups at vmware.

Interview Questions
    • I do not really remember a lot of the questions, but almost everything I did iteratively had to be redone recursively and vice versa   Answer Question
    The offer was kind of to good to have to negotiate anything

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at VMware.

HR called me to make appointment. Then an engineer called again who asked some background questions and coding question

Interview Questions
    • how to implement atomic semaphore (dekker's algorithm )   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VMware in March 2011.

Two phone interviews:
    The first one was with a Quality Analyst consisting of questions from operating systems and linux system calls and Linux OS.
    Got call next day to schedule next round

The second interview was with a manager.
    role Description, Software engineering concepts, good coding and design practices.
    Waiting for result..

Interview Questions
    • what is the function to allocate memory on stack   View Answer
    • system call to duplicate file descriptor   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at VMware in March 2010.

Some one from their HR called me up 3 times at least to schedule an interview time. I was partially flattered but I also noted that they were inefficient.

This was followed by just a normal phone interview with some problem solving activity. The interviewer was polite and the interview went off well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in May 2014.

first round is written test in the college. then 1-1 technical interview in the office only then the Manager took the technical round. they will test your basic knowledge about the subjects. later some students were shortlisted for hr round. concentrate more on c c++ ds os basics of networks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in October 2013.

I applied through college and process took around 1 month. The process was smooth, started with a written test and then 3 telephonic interviews. The interviewer was very nice and guided me throughout the process.
    They asked basic java questions about interfaces and abstract class, plus a lot of data structure questions.

Interview Questions
    • Overall nothing difficult, basics should be clear though.   Answer Question

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!