VMware Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

3.4

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Had a telephonic interview. Mostly asked about my resume and my knowledge of Android programming. I did not know much about it at that time. So that was a minus point in my profile.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about how to open sockets and the steps in socket programming.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at VMware in May 2014.

Recruiter contacted me, went through phone screen, phone interview, and in person interview.

The recruiting process was somewhat jumbled - I was put in touch with 3 different recruiters, one of who forgot to tell me that my phone interview was scheduled. Otherwise, everyone was pretty good with response time.

Interview Questions
    Offer was much higher than any other place I'd looked at for this type of position so I didn't negotiate.

On Campus

Interview Questions
    • So, as a freshman how will you be able to contribute to VMware?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in October 2013.

On campus.
    Asked to write an algorithm for word Wrap.
    Asked about Hashing and hash code
    Sql question: display third highest salary of an employer
    Algorithm: knapsack and its efficiency

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at VMware.

HR called me to make appointment. Then an engineer called again who asked some background questions and coding question

Interview Questions
    • how to implement atomic semaphore (dekker's algorithm )   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at VMware in January 2013.

It was long and pretty much a nightmare. I only ever had to interview once and it was a pretty intense interview, but getting in touch with the right people afterwards was challenging. You can tell there is a bit of a lack of communication between the different groups at vmware.

Interview Questions
    • I do not really remember a lot of the questions, but almost everything I did iteratively had to be redone recursively and vice versa   Answer Question
    The offer was kind of to good to have to negotiate anything

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VMware in January 2012.

3 round phone interviews. Mostly behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VMware in March 2011.

Two phone interviews:
    The first one was with a Quality Analyst consisting of questions from operating systems and linux system calls and Linux OS.
    Got call next day to schedule next round

The second interview was with a manager.
    role Description, Software engineering concepts, good coding and design practices.
    Waiting for result..

Interview Questions
    • what is the function to allocate memory on stack   View Answer
    • system call to duplicate file descriptor   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in March 2010.

Some one from their HR called me up 3 times at least to schedule an interview time. I was partially flattered but I also noted that they were inefficient.

This was followed by just a normal phone interview with some problem solving activity. The interviewer was polite and the interview went off well.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware.

I was contacted via the recruiter and given a list of items to prepare for. on attending the interview i was made to feel very welcome and could see the great company culture shining even after just a few minutes. I was interviewed by the current intern and after getting past the 1st interview by the division manager. My overall experience was extremely good, never have i had such a relaxed and interesting interview.

VMware Response

Sep 25, 2014Director of University Relations

It’s great to hear that you had such a positive experience. We are proud of our culture and I am thrilled to know that came across during your time with us. Thanks for sharing your feedback and ... More