VMware Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online – interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Shortly after applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter who directed me to their online technical screen. This is not for the faint of heart! The questions on the technical screen span a lot of area and you are expected to know names and processes directly from memory (no googling allowed). Do your homework before embarking on this mission.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum throughput for a fibre channel in a fibre channel switched network?   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First telephonic round: 1 hour technical.They will test you on DS,Algorithm,Java.
    Onsite round:4 interviews 45 min each back to back.Highly technical.Detailed but not very tough.I could answer most of them.Lot of whiteboard problem solving.You will be tested on data structure,algorithms,java,concurrency in java,projects on resume,design pattern and database.

Interview Questions

• Implement a queue using stack.   2 Answers
    • Rotate elements in an array to right k times.   3 Answers
    • Design Pattern:Singleton   Answer Question
    • Java questions:static keyword,OOPs concept,synchronization   Answer Question
    • Insert an element in a sorted circular linked list.   1 Answer

VMKernel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at VMware (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very smooth. I applied through a recruiter. She managed the interviews slots pretty quickly and that too at my convenience. The interviewers were very not pushing much. The questions were kind of too deep into kernel. I suppose they were supposed to be as that is what they were specifically looking for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware.

Interview

It took around 2 weeks to proceed the interview. I am asked to do some online coding test first and later a HR send me an email to schedule a on campus interview.
    2 Software Engineers rotating interview. Pretty intensive and require fast coding skills.

Interview Questions

• Convert string to integer without using atoi and some algorithm problems   Answer Question

Client Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Initial phone screen from the recruiter, then a phone interview with the position manager. After that, one in-person interview--45 minute 2 on 1 with some team members, another 45 minutes with the position manager.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Tell me a time you had a problem with a co-worker/manager and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a fair offer--I accepted.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware.

Interview

The interview process at VMWare is arduous but thorough. For me, it was a total of 9 individual interviews...some in person at the office and others over the phone with key stakeholders. They asked me many questions about my experience off of my resume, but also some situational questions pertinent to the job I was applying for at the time. I talked with everyone from Individual contributors to managers to Directors and VP's before the approval was given to hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to build your brand and overcome objections at the same time. How did you do it and what did you do?   Answer Question

Global Technical Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial interview by the recruiter. Then was told I was a good fit for the position. Recruiter said he would forward my name and resume to the hiring manager. It has been a week and have not been contacted by the hiring manager.

Senior Consultant (PSO) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by VMware recruiter about the opportunity of the open position. Once I passed the initial recruiter interview. She helped setup three different technical interviews within the span of two weeks. For the Sr Consultant position, you must to know your stuff inside out. They are the expert in their field and can tell if you are a good fit or not right away. You must passed the initial technical interview in order to move to the next 2nd/3rd technical interview. The next rounds of interviews is with the Practice Managers (East Coast and West Coast). The very end will be the Practice Director. A total of 7 interview span in about 4 weeks.

Manager Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VMware (Broomfield, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

30 minute HR Screening call and then 1:1 with two Sr. Managers, very young. Asked for my career profile elevator and why I wanted to join VMware now. I believe the most important requirements they were seeking in order of importance: personal image, social teaming and finally skill/experience.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware (Broomfield, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Process started out with a recruiter reaching out and providing a link to technical quiz. These are pretty tough and require some decent experience to answer the questions in a timely fashion. After passing that I had to wait for several weeks before another recruiter reached out to setup an onsite interview.

The Onsite interview was pretty rough. My panel was 3 engineers who asked questions to get grasp of depth of knowledge. That was followed up by a managerial interview to see if you socially a right fit.

Interview Questions

• A computer is unable to connect a intranet site, walk me through how you would troubleshoot that?   Answer Question