VMware

3.2

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware.

The recruiter asked me some basic Windows questions after I passed that phase I had an onsite interview. Each Escalation Engineer there were 4-5 people had asked multiple questions based on a scenario to see your troubleshooting methodology. If they asked about a network printer what would you do to get it to work it would start pretty basic and they kept going until your ideas had run out. It differs between each department what questions are asked. There were no right or wrong answers. Windows troubleshooting skills are what they are looking for. If you pass that phase you will meet with the managers. They will discuss & recommend for an yes or no to an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They expanded each question asked which increasingly was more difficult. They wanted to see if you painted yourself into a corner or if you could expand outside of the box.   Answer Question
    They made an offer and I accepted.

Sales Interview

very long and tedious. I had 5 phone interviews and then 4 in person interviews. they sat me down in a small conference room and I had 4 back to back interview all asking the same questions, which took up to an hour.

Intern Interview

Had a telephonic interview. Mostly asked about my resume and my knowledge of Android programming. I did not know much about it at that time. So that was a minus point in my profile.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how to open sockets and the steps in socket programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in October 2014.

I had two back-to-back interviews with VMware on my college campus.

The first interview was with a hiring manager. It was non-technical and lasted 45 minutes. It primarily consisted of a brain-teaser question unrelated to software. This interviewer was professional and informative.

The second interview was easily the worst I've ever had. The interviewer was arrogant, impatient (to the point of interrupting me to ask the next question), and made it clear within the first 10 seconds that he had no interest in interviewing me. The first question he asked was a brain-teaser unrelated to software. The second question he asked was an algorithm question. This interview lasted about 45 minutes, and I fully regret not walking out after the first 5.

Based on this experience I would never consider working for VMware.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at VMware in October 2014.

It is a On campus interview. At first I take the online quiz on the Hackerrank.com. Then they managed a interview in the campus. The interviewer can not write code, only ask me a puzzle. And then ask me about the resume. The whole interview last about 30 minutes. And a week later, I get the result.

Interview Questions
    • Given 25 horses, and 5 tracks. Only at most 5 horses can be in one round's match. Ask at least how many rounds to get the three most fast horses.   Answer Question

New College Graduate andOpportunities Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at VMware in September 2014.

I applied on my school's career service website, and received an email from VMWare to take an online test on HackRank. There were 5 coding questions to be completed in 1.5 hours. Two days later, I got an email notification from my school's career service to set up a campus interview. The interview consisted of two 45 minutes parts. The first one was a brain teaser and some regular first-round questions such as self introduction and what do you know about our company. The second one was another brain teaser and a coding question. I heard from the recruiter that this was just a general preselect interview, candidates will only get into a formal position-specific recruiting process if any technical groups in the company have matching positions.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect brain teasers in the interview, so when I got the first one to solve, I was quite surprised, since that was the very first part of the interview after very short greeting from the recruiter. It was not that hard, but I didn't get the best answer in time. I feel I did not bad in the second part, so I guess this brain teaser was the reason I didn't enter the next round.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at VMware in September 2014.

30 min phone screen and a 4.5 hour full loop interview; mostly technical coding questions and some SOAR stories; The first 3 rounds were full coding and with hiring manager it was mostly explaining projects and design questions.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at VMware.

I sent my resume in via a friend who worked for the company and was telephoned the next day. They wanted to set up a phone interview. I was called when we had set up our time and it was clear the interviewer was at home. As I could hear dogs barking. However I think that is part of the atmosphere at VMWare. Stay at home to work and laid back.

She asked me if I was interested in the company and what my main goal was. General interview questions nothing hard. She then told me about the rest of the interview process which involved hypothetically selling coffee to a group of VMware employees and then a more on the spot sales presentation with some VMware managers.

She said she would call me to schedule those interviews. I never received a follow up phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals regarding your career and how you will contribute to this company or any?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VMware.

Technical - on par with bay-area's best. Very technical / in-depth discussions / past experience is the key. Algorithms / Data Structures / Typical Computer Science essentials. Essentially hands on coding will go a very very long way, keep writing code to ace the interview.

Pricing Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at VMware.

The interviewer was 37 minutes late to the interview.
    The interviewer had great difficulty speaking English.
    The interviewer eventually brought up the fact that they do not pay for relocation (ACROSS THE COUNTRY) when their posted job ad specifically states they did (and all similar jobs of this caliber would pay Relo).