1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Intern - Member of Technical Staff - Personal Desktop Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware in March 2013.

I had applied for some internship positions at vmware but never got any call. However, one day, I got a call from a recruiter to tell me about this position. They had seen my resume on their portal and was interested in some of my work. So we scheduled for my first interview which was 60min. My first interview was easy and generally about writing some code in C and giving complexity of algorithms. I was also asked about some of my projects. I was contacted for setting the second interview just 40min after my first one finished. In my second interview, I was asked to writing codes in C++ and debugging some codes. The second one also was about complexity of some algorithms and some OO concepts. The interviewers were great. It is still my best experience. They were patient and answered all my questions kindly and they let me think as much as I needed. They also guided me to the right direction. The recruiter also was very helpful and he explained the process very well. He also followed my process until the end. For passing your interview, just be calm and be prepare to have a 60min talk. Find a good spot and have a pc, a paper, and a pen ready and you'll be fine. Don't be afraid to ask questions and think loud when you're solving a problem.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprise. All questions were algorithms and C/C++ data structures and performance issues and some testings.   Answer Question

I got accepted for this position but during hiring position, because of my nationality they couldn't proceed since my country was in the restriction countries. As a result, they had to cancel the offer and stop the process.