VMware Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.2

Global Technical Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial interview by the recruiter. Then was told I was a good fit for the position. Recruiter said he would forward my name and resume to the hiring manager. It has been a week and have not been contacted by the hiring manager.

Member of Technical Staff, Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware (Mumbai (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

there are around 5 round.they basically focused on Data Structure.they also think u should have good knowledge of OS.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware.

Interview

It took around 2 weeks to proceed the interview. I am asked to do some online coding test first and later a HR send me an email to schedule a on campus interview.
    2 Software Engineers rotating interview. Pretty intensive and require fast coding skills.

Interview Questions

• Convert string to integer without using atoi and some algorithm problems   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at VMware (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

There was one Telephonic Technical Round purely on vSphere. After clearing the Telephonic round, Four Face to Face Rounds on 1 day (Technical, Communication, Manager etc..) Then after few days one more round with Technical Head for general discussion about the overall profile..

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions are based on vSphere and handling performance issues in Wintel and Vmware and existing work related questions.   Answer Question

Client Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Initial phone screen from the recruiter, then a phone interview with the position manager. After that, one in-person interview--45 minute 2 on 1 with some team members, another 45 minutes with the position manager.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Tell me a time you had a problem with a co-worker/manager and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a fair offer--I accepted.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware.

Interview

The interview process at VMWare is arduous but thorough. For me, it was a total of 9 individual interviews...some in person at the office and others over the phone with key stakeholders. They asked me many questions about my experience off of my resume, but also some situational questions pertinent to the job I was applying for at the time. I talked with everyone from Individual contributors to managers to Directors and VP's before the approval was given to hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to build your brand and overcome objections at the same time. How did you do it and what did you do?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

On-line test of coding typical C function to test if is ascii. After that, on-site interview with 6 people in the engineering development group. Almost all day, you spend time talking with them.

Interview Questions

• Technical question: write a code to find a root of a function.
      Solve a technical problems, that is not your area of expertise.
      Given a problem, write a function to solve the puzzle.

1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a Windows Developer Position. Had a phone screen on basic windows kernel calls and driver development . Onsite interview went over projects I worked on and Windows Kernel mode and user mode concepts .

Interview Questions

• Write code to draw a circle.   1 Answer

Software(Network Virtualisation) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Had just one round of interview. Questions were pretty simple. Got the offer within a week. Great recruiter as I never kept in the dark about my status.

Interview Questions

• Few basic networking and OS questions, followed by a programming question.
      Sort a linked list such that it makes minimum number of swaps

1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted around 40 minutes. all questions were about behavioral questions. The recruiter is very friendly. The recruiter also asked if I had any questions about the company and the position.