VMware Interview Questions

3.2

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at VMware in December 2013.

Overall, I had a very good experience. Everybody was very forthright and kept appointments. Every person that I talked to was very professional and quick to answer any question that I had. The technical interview was rough and may have been a bit of a blow to my ego, but the interviewer was great.

Interview Questions
    • In the technical interview, I literally felt like I tanked. There were some simple questions at the beginning but that just seemed to bring on bigger guns. The interviewer was very friendly but I think that just made it feel surreal. In the end I was not able to answer questions that I thought I knew the answer to because I was getting more nervous with every question.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

interviewed at VMware in June 2011.

It was quick and sweet. Talked to Recruiter he loved me because I was able to relate to multi taksing through my sports background of playing Tight End in Football. I had 5 phone interviews then 1 on site interview with the Director and it was money. Literally Sales Operations Deal Desk is a growing space and they recognized my competency of working at Cisco in various roles.

Interview Questions
    • Non were too difficult as I prepped for 1 full week before this interview.   Answer Question
    Simple. VMware pays well

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VMware.

One interview with HR staffer to determine fit, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview was challenging - very focused on SDLC knowledge and experience. Third interview was follow-up in person with member of development team - mostly just a conversation and follow-up questions from my internship. Really nice guy.

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at VMware.

Recruiter contacted me and set up phone interview with contractor on the East Coast. The contractor had been operating as a full-time employee and knew the needs for the position very well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult manager.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at VMware in August 2012.

First phone interview, then a problem would be given over mail to be solved. Onsite interview will consist of 5 rounds typically. Team members would interview in elaborate style (not very tough), basic data structures, little bit language specific interviews might be there.

Interview Questions
    • One manager asked to write lot of syntaxes in Java. Which I was not prepared.   View Answer
    Non- negotiable. For New graduates.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at VMware in October 2013.

On campus.
    Asked to write an algorithm for word Wrap.
    Asked about Hashing and hash code
    Sql question: display third highest salary of an employer
    Algorithm: knapsack and its efficiency

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at VMware in January 2012.

3 round phone interviews. Mostly behavior questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

interviewed at VMware in May 2013.

Took me in a room. talked on a video conference

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VMware in October 2010.

The hiring process is similar to other large companies. You can start with a job posting, or more likely and helpful, is that you will be led to an opening by someone you know. The HR department also works considerably with recruiters. From there the process will vary by who is hiring you. Our interviews involved phone screening to see if it's worth continued conversations, and from there go to a long (all day) interview with many people. For our positions, this involved a significant amount of time doing technical presentations.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a very detailed and low level question on the subtle differences in behavior between proxy and byte code weaving mechanisms for implementing annotated behavior in Java classes.   View Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview