VMware Interview Questions

3.2

Order Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in November 2013.

Had a brief phone interview in regards to the responsibilities of the contract position and if I was interested. Of course I was, so the next day I was contacted by the department Manager to schedule an in-person interview. Met with the Manager and Supervisor for a one hour interview. Although I found the interview to be pretty difficult due to the types of questions asked, overall I thought it went well. The Manager and Supervisor were very friendly, knowledgeable, and explained exactly what they are looking for in their new hire. They spoke very positive and well about the company's environment and culture. I was happy to hear VMware is "here to stay" and the company finds it very important to provide their employees long term opportunities and growth.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of "If someone from Sales was very pushy towards you in booking an order, however not following procedures and claiming they received approval from their boss, how would you handle this scenario? What if you don't have all the information needed to complete this order?"   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at VMware.

Was contacted by a recruiter through linkedin and there was a technical phone interview scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • On a NUMA architecture, if there is a huge process say running on NUMA node 0 and it is migrated to NUMA node 1 and you want to copy the process address space from NUMA node 0 to NUMA node 1 local memory how would you do that?   View Answer
    • How Linear to physical address translation works and what are the field in PTE.   Answer Question
    • If there is one spin lock used for N different thread and each thread has its local variable which is just incremented by 1. If these threads are running all together on N cpus will after say 10 seconds the count of all the local variable be same. different? why?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware.

Once you get passed HR the process is easy. Know what you are talking about, have the relevant experience and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • You need to launch a project in 90 days. What do you do?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at VMware.

I submitted my application and heard back very quickly, was brought in to a hiring blitz with people of varied backgrounds in which I was asked to prepare a presentation, go through a mock call, and talk about my background.

Interview Questions
    • The mock call was the most difficult because I was the least prepared for it, and I became very nervous.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware in October 2013.

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter about a private interview event in my city. The communication was pleasant and informative. I was asked to complete a timed (one hour) coding question online at my convenience. If the coding question went well, then I would be invited to participate at the interview event. I completed the coding question, and submitted my solution. A few days later I received word that they would be not be moving forward with me.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a dictionary, such as /usr/share/dict/words, containing a list of words, one per line. You are also given seven tiles. Each tile is either blank or contains a single lowercase letter (a-z).

List all of the words from the dictionary that can be produced by using some or all of the seven tiles, in any order. A blank tile is a wildcard, and can be used in place of any letter.

Try to use a minimal amount of memory.

1. Find all of the words that can be formed if you don't have to deal with blank tiles. (You may skip this step and go straight to step 2).

2. Find all of the words that can be formed, including those where blank tiles are used as wildcards.

3. Would you do things differently if you had to process several hundred tile sets with the same dictionary?

View Answers (3)

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware.

The interview process was grueling to say the least. It consisted of 8 phone interviews, followed by a half day of 30 min, in person interviews, followed by a group interview.
    The depth of questions was challenging in both technical as we as business.

Very easy !

Intern Interview

On Campus

Interview Questions
    • So, as a freshman how will you be able to contribute to VMware?   Answer Question

Lead Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware.

"Hiring Blitz:" 3 step process

1. Company presentation- present company information in front of two hiring managers, then sit down standard 2:1 interview.

2. Sales Simulation- Call "client" (managers in different room) and go through a sales simulation and sales transcript. Then standard 2:1 interview with two different managers.

3. Interview- Move into a room with two other managers for a sit down lengthy 2:1 interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in October 2013.

On campus.
    Asked to write an algorithm for word Wrap.
    Asked about Hashing and hash code
    Sql question: display third highest salary of an employer
    Algorithm: knapsack and its efficiency

Inside Sales Representative Interview

It was fantastic, very detailed