VMware

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VMware in June 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview with an HR person on West Coast first, filled out two candidate questionnaires, phone interview with HR person in Virgina then a phone interview with hiring manager. All went well and have sent follow up emails with no response back. Very unprofessional!

Interview Question – How do you handle a federal customer?   Answer Question

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at VMware in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very Systematic and Professional. Crystal Clear job descriptions and followup process.

Manager
Guadalupe de los Reyes, Durango (Mexico)

Interviewed at VMware

Interview Details – Hiring process on the business side was a prolonged deal. Lasted over 2 months and could have potentially stretched over for another month.

Interview Question – I think I got caught between two VPs who had different ideas and expectations about the role of the position.   View Answer

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VMware in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for the job in question. I wrote a coverletter addressed to the recruiter. I got a call the very next day to have a discussion. I pushed the discussion until the next day. When the agreed upon time arrived I didn't get a call. I emailed and got a response to pushing the meeting to about 2 hrs later. The questions were basic, some examples are: What do you like in your current postion? What don't you like?
I was asked directly how much I made in salary, bonuses etc. and if I was willing to make a lateral move.
I got an email a couple of days later asking me questions relating to experience in a particular function. After that email I haven't heard from recruiter since. I followed up with an email asking if there is anything I could clarify for them regarding my abilities and/or experience. I have yet to hear from them.

Interview Questions

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!