VMware Manager Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VMware in June 2010.

phone interview with an HR person on West Coast first, filled out two candidate questionnaires, phone interview with HR person in Virgina then a phone interview with hiring manager. All went well and have sent follow up emails with no response back. Very unprofessional!

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at VMware in November 2011.

Very Systematic and Professional. Crystal Clear job descriptions and followup process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guadalupe de los Reyes, Durango (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalupe de los Reyes, Durango (Mexico)

Hiring process on the business side was a prolonged deal. Lasted over 2 months and could have potentially stretched over for another month.

Interview Questions
    • I think I got caught between two VPs who had different ideas and expectations about the role of the position.   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at VMware in June 2010.

I applied online for the job in question. I wrote a coverletter addressed to the recruiter. I got a call the very next day to have a discussion. I pushed the discussion until the next day. When the agreed upon time arrived I didn't get a call. I emailed and got a response to pushing the meeting to about 2 hrs later. The questions were basic, some examples are: What do you like in your current postion? What don't you like?
    I was asked directly how much I made in salary, bonuses etc. and if I was willing to make a lateral move.
    I got an email a couple of days later asking me questions relating to experience in a particular function. After that email I haven't heard from recruiter since. I followed up with an email asking if there is anything I could clarify for them regarding my abilities and/or experience. I have yet to hear from them.

Interview Questions

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!