VMware Member of Technical Staff II Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VMware in October 2011.

One phone interview and one on -site interview. On site interview consisted of 6 people. Basic programming questions, Scrum related questions, behavioral and process related questions were asked.

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in April 2012.

First was a general chat with the recruiter, where we exchanged details about my experience/interests and the skills they were looking for. This was followed by 3 phone interviews and an onsite round of 7 interviews (including 1 chat with the recruiter/HR).

I was really impressed with how courteous and professional everyone was. The team was also very accommodative of the fact that I had 2 other offers in hand and speed-ed up the entire process as much as they could!

Interview Questions
    • Given a number, print the list of prime numbers that multiply to that number. Eg. given 132, print -> 2,2,3,11   Answer Question
    • Given a list of integers L and a number X, find 3 numbers in L that sum-up to X.   Answer Question
    • Consider a system with limited memory, say 64K, that is given a continuous infinite stream of objects (each of size 16k) as input (so you cannot store the complete input), and the system can be queried at any point in time. Assuming the system has seen K objects when it is queried, it should return 1 object from the stream seen so far, such that the probability of each object being chosen is equal. Design such a system.   Answer Question
    • Database design question regarding user-account management, authorization etc.   View Answer
    • Design question - a secure resource-access system   Answer Question
    The HR was aware of the details of 2 other offers I had at hand and hence made a very competitive initial offer. I did not want to negotiate further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at VMware in June 2008.

OK

Very bad. Stick your guns. Vmware tries to put you down by promising a heaven on earth.

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at VMware in January 2009.

Two Telephonic Round, Minimum Five round

First Round : Basic,Puzzles
    Second > : Technical ....etc

My First Job

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!