Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at VMware
- Member of Technical Staff (60)
- Software Engineer (44)
- Intern (35)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff (28)
- Technical Support Engineer (25)
- Inside Sales Representative (19)
- Technical Account Manager (10)
- Senior Software Engineer (8)
- Staff Engineer (8)
- QA Engineer (8)
- Member of Technical Staff II (7)
- Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer (7)
- Senior Consultant (7)
- Systems Engineer (7)
- Senior Systems Engineer (7)
- Marketing Manager (6)
- Senior Manager (6)
- Senior QA Engineer (6)
- Project Manager (6)
- Engineering (5)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Program Manager (5)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Manager (5)
- Lead Development Representative (4)
- Member of Technical Staff III (4)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (4)
- Software QA Engineer (4)
- Senior Program Manager (4)
- Marketing (4)
Member of Technical Staff III Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.
I had a pretty engaging interview. I had 2 phone interviews but was later referred for another position. A quick call with the manager and then I had an onsite interview. Everything was pretty smooth(They took care of all logistics). Interview day was packed with interviews , but i guess it was pretty fun. Not grilling you , but just understanding what you know and how much you are ready to learn. Questions were pretty much straightforward-linked lists , mutex/semaphores , threading , memory allocations ( all was coding based).
- linked lists , mutex/semaphores , threading , memory allocations ( all was coding based). Mostly system level and network stuff. Do prepare well - coding books are definitely helpful. Answer Question
They did pay me well . I dint have to probe them much. They did miss on the joining bonus , but eventually they did add it. I was switching jobs, so make sure you do check for market averages and all.
Other Interview Reviews for VMware
Member of Technical Staff III InterviewAccepted OfferDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware.
Now: inconsistent. you could get hired on a single phone call or go through a 14 people round. Depends on who refers you
- Algorithms Answer Question
Did not negotiate
Member of Technical Staff III InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.
2 telephonic rounds and 5 f2f rounds. Was offered after 2 weeks. Total process took 40 days. Telephonic interviews were nice. Interviewers will be very cooperative. F2F rounds were taken in a single day. First round was about projects I worked. Second round 3 questions including a puzzle. third round about scalability and algorithms. 2 questions were asked. one regarding millions of records being pushed. Another question is finding the 1 million records with least values from 1 billion records. 4th round core java questions. 5th round BST related questions.
- Algorithms, core java, puzzle, Design, scalability. HashMap related, time complexity, spiral printing of a matrix, singleton design pattern, puzzles etc, Arrays, quicksort. Answer Question
Member of Technical Staff III InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore (India)) in September 2012.
My first round was telephonic and it was 1 hour interview by my hiring manager.2nd day its was 5-6 round face to face rounds and it went well.They asked more on Linux internals ,PERL scripting , scnerioas based testing ,and also some question on virtualization ,and system architecture ans also unix commands.
- They ask me to draw X86 architecture and also ask me to write a script which i wrote it partially but they are okay with my approach Answer Question