VMware Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview

Contacted by the recruiter, and talked for about one hour. The recruiter then arranged a technical phone screen with the hiring manager. The technical screening consists of some c++/ood questions and some coding questions. We use the online shared session for the coding. Couple daysa after the screening I was informed that offer has went out to other candidates

Interview Questions
  • I was asked some technical questions on the first phone call by the recruiter, which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VMware in December 2011.

CRAZY company.
    Both my phone interview and team interview went well and they informed my about the "next step" which will be a second round interview. Next, after 3 weeks later, I just got a short email stating that the team has re-accessed that position and not willing to move forward with me!!!
    My question then why did you talk about "next step" ???

It is not that I am out of job or begging a job from them - but some professional communication is rare there.
    It is a bureaucratic company who got some cash in their hands - but lacks of decent, bare minimum professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in August 2010.

4 interviewers, one at a time (in a conference room), seeking technical and algorithmic analysis. Lunch with prospective manager at company cafeteria. Was also to meet with VP, but VP was unavailable that day.

Company has good orientation for new employees (covering products and benefits). Comfortable place to work, with a info packed quarterly meetings, free breakfast and snack foods and drinks. Very green company (e.g., dishwasher and washable drink glasses).

Interview Questions
    • How many race heats are needed to find the 3 fastest pinewood derby cars out of a field of 8, if only 4 cars can run at a time (assuming that every car will always run the way/speed and each lane is exactly equivalent)?   View Answers (4)
    Ask for 5-15% more than you are offered.