VMware Interview Questions in Pune

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.7

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VMware in February 2015.

Round 1
    Find last 10 lines in a file in most optimized way.

Find prime numbers till 1000 numbers
    And in most optimized way.

Gold bar puzzle to make 7 pieces and need to give it to worker in 7 days with minimum cut.

Wrong labels puzzles.
    A B A+B worngly labeled .find correct label in one way.

TCs for landline phone.

Round 2
    Circular linked list.

Find a loop in linked list and can go to any other element outside loop.

Making triangles from equilateral triangle exposed side and how many triangles will be made for n iterations.

Round 3
    Implement queue using stacks.

Tell Process block elements

Interview Questions
    • Find a loop in linked list and can go to any other element outside loop.   Answer Question

Java Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in January 2014.

Got call from HR from Banglore, For Telephonic Technical Round.

Interview Questions
    • 1) This was pure Technical JAVA interview Questions, Same basic questions and then questions on socket programing.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at VMware in November 2008.

First interviewed by my direct manager, then by every person in office - about 8 people. Then by 2 people from US.

The people were very smart. Though, there was no one on the list who could judge my skills correctly. There was no person with relevant experience.

I must give them the credit of trying to find what I know rather than to prove themselves superior and find what i do not.

Interview Questions
    • given 8 coins and one of them heavier than the others, how many weighings will be needed to find the odd one ?   View Answers (4)
    Could not negotiate much since I went with the brand name, only to be disappointed both with the offer and with the work environment.