VMware

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details – first stage was an online programiing test. Three questions.
second stage was a skyper interview. The Questions were fair. One sorting question, one about finding height of tree plus general Java questions

Interview Question – All of the questions were fair.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at VMware in February 2013.

Interview Details – First the Hr called up and told abt the position and after a week there was a technical Phone Interview.

Interview Question – Comparing two binary trees by values   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in August 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen was on basic Java . Then gave us a chess problem to solve . Once that was solved and they were happy with the solution, I was called onsite .
4 people interviewed me and took around 2 months to get hired after all the paper work was done.

Interview Question – Questions were directed at my intern experience and coding skills.   Answer Question

Interview Details – off campus
shortlisted based on cgpa
one round of technical test followed by multiple rounds of interview

Interview Details – how does an operating system work

Interview Question – test cases for a lift   Answer Question

Interviewed at VMware

Interview Details – First Technical round involved basics of all subjects - OS, java, networks.
Second technical round was more about what's virtualization, linux, linux kernel, drivers, why virtualization is required etc.
Then there was a managerial round in which questions included - what's cloud computing. What to you expect from this job? Why do u want to join testing ?

Interview Question – None as such. Most of it were easy!   Answer Question

QA Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at VMware in April 2010.

Interview Details – a group of smart, hands-on people.

Interview Questions

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!