VMware

VMware Senior Consultant Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VMware in March 2014.

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and that led to several several phone interviews with two different recruiters. I had three or four technical phone interviews over the span of a few weeks before having an in person interview. The in person interview was with the hiring manager and lasted several hours.

Interview Questions
  • There were plenty of technical questions but I don't believe I am allowed to share them. There were also a lot of questions about the travel requirement of the position.   Answer Question
Negotiations were fairly straightforward. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in June 2011.

Fairly easy, but you need to know your stuff. We don't train just anybody.

Interview Questions
    Fairly easy. I asked I received and life is good.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware in May 2010.

Telephone interview - with the recruitment team in Ireland
    face to face interview with practice manager and technical senior consultant
    Ask questions about - skill sets, product knowledge, life experiences, availability.
    The offlice location was relaxed and free vending machines were available.
    The VMware head office was located in Frimley within the business estate.

Senior Consultant Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VMware in February 2010.

There were several phone interviews covering the several members of the team I was looking to join. Don't be surprised when you have several interviews. It took me by surprise when they wanted so many interviews but in the end they need to make sure they cover as many data points as they can. Some of the interviews were technical and the others were more character or social to make sure you can communicate well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked technical questions about the various aspects of the products and how they integrate into the enterprise.   View Answer
    • I was also asked many situational questions that were beyond simple facts.   View Answer
    The advice I would give someone interviewing is to be patient and know that there will be several interviews. The company is very generous and makes sure that they are hiring people that can add to the world class service they provide.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware in February 2009.

Der Leiter der Gruppe versuchte, das Gespräch auf Englisch zu führen, um Sprachkenntnisse zu überprüfen, aber sprach kein bisschen Englisch.

Der Herr, der mich befragte, verhielt sich so, als wäre es sein erstes Bewerbungsgespräch und als hätte er einen „Übungskurs" der Personalabteilung belegt.

Extrem unprofessionell

Manager of the group tried to do the interview in English to test language skills but could not speak English at all.
    Interviewer acted in a way if this was the first interview, looked like he has done a 'training' with HR.
    Extrem unproffesionell

Interview Questions
    • Warum möchten Sie für VMware arbeiten?   What is your motivation to work for VMware   View Answer
    • Was ist ein Linux-Dämon in der MS-Welt?   What is a Linux daemon in the MS world   View Answer

Management