VMware Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

What would you do in this scenario? What do you like about this potential role?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick. less than a week. if you are not satisfied, ask for more. it will come.

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

Interview

I was brought in for several rounds of interviews. I met with people from peers, direct reports, upper management, and business partners. They want to make sure you will be a good fit with the existing team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with a group of 7 different individuals by phone and then also with a in-person visit to Palo Alto, CA.

Negotiation

Very good, negotiations went back and forth many times. Eventually had to pick what the most important factor was salary or title (I correctly focused on salary)

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took about 8 weeks with around 10 discussions. Some in-person at VMWare office and few over teleconference. The discussions began with reporting manager (Director) of the role, followed by other Directors, Senior Directors and peers of this role. It finally concluded with reporting manager (second time) and VP. The evaluation was mainly on the roles and responsibilities called out for the job, evaluating relevant experience and thought process based on few situation based questions . All along, HR recruit managed schedule and explaining the offer details in the end.

Interview Questions

• What are your views on portfolio management? What are the top 2-3 expectations to be successful at this role? How do you manage professional growth of your team? What it takes to manage cross functional global team? If you are given just 15mins of time with senior leadership, how do you prepare yourself? What are your signature strengths? why you want to join VMWare? What do you know about VMWare?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frimley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Frimley, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Recruiter approached me via LinkedIn. Spoke to 6 different interviewers over the phone - with different Paolo Alto based teams. 3 face to face interviews - with local people. I think it is important for different teams to approve a candidate - so many of the interviews were quite repetitive. I guess they want to get "buy in" from as many people as possible. I tried to ensure that I tackled each new person as if they were the first person I was speaking to.

Interview Questions

• Typical functional and technical questions - no attempts to catch me out. Focus on previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We negotiated a slight increase on the initial offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

Interviews taken by engineer and then managers. overall they maintain a decent level of questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more