VMware

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details – What would you do in this scenario?

What do you like about this potential role?

Interview Question – Case Study questions.

What is your biggest failure/
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick. less than a week. if you are not satisfied, ask for more. it will come.

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details – I was brought in for several rounds of interviews. I met with people from peers, direct reports, upper management, and business partners. They want to make sure you will be a good fit with the existing team.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VMware in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a group of 7 different individuals by phone and then also with a in-person visit to Palo Alto, CA.

Negotiation Details – Very good, negotiations went back and forth many times. Eventually had to pick what the most important factor was salary or title (I correctly focused on salary)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interviews taken by engineer and then managers. overall they maintain a decent level of questions.

Interview Question – Give us an example that you are a team player   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for more

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!