VMware Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is similar to other large companies. You can start with a job posting, or more likely and helpful, is that you will be led to an opening by someone you know. The HR department also works considerably with recruiters. From there the process will vary by who is hiring you. Our interviews involved phone screening to see if it's worth continued conversations, and from there go to a long (all day) interview with many people. For our positions, this involved a significant amount of time doing technical presentations.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a very detailed and low level question on the subtle differences in behavior between proxy and byte code weaving mechanisms for implementing annotated behavior in Java classes.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frimley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (Frimley, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Relaxed, Open, two-way process. Fast process end to end. The best interaction I ever had in my last 11 years of IT career. Just perfect. From screening to technical phone test everything was structured. They all spoke the same language and open to questions.

Interview Questions

• About my passion for the company.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to move - You have a perfect job already!   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Mexico City (Mexico)) in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring process took about 5 weeks. First applied on line, two screening phone interviews, three in-person interviews. Interview was very diverse, I was interviewed by Country Manager, Business Partner Alliances and AM. After, a little review with Engineering Manager and finally I got the final proposal and I got hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter through an employee referral. 2 interview (one technical, one with my future manager)

Interview Questions

• how do you think the cloud will evolve within the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial Telephonic Interview for communication F2F - Would be probably (3 Times) Few more telephonic interviews with higher management like - TL, Manager. Senior Manager, Director

Interview Questions

• Most of them are scenario based and would take your experience to answer them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very formal and they would go to any distance to gather talent.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at VMware in January 2009.

Interview

Was contacting by a head hunter. Did 4 interviews on face 2 face in a very short period of time (1 week). The contract took 3 months to arrive but it respected the initial discussions. The interviews included the manager of this position, the country manager, the sales manager and the channel manager.