VMware

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VMware in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is similar to other large companies. You can start with a job posting, or more likely and helpful, is that you will be led to an opening by someone you know. The HR department also works considerably with recruiters. From there the process will vary by who is hiring you. Our interviews involved phone screening to see if it's worth continued conversations, and from there go to a long (all day) interview with many people. For our positions, this involved a significant amount of time doing technical presentations.

Interview Question – I was asked a very detailed and low level question on the subtle differences in behavior between proxy and byte code weaving mechanisms for implementing annotated behavior in Java classes.   View Answer

Senior Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a headhunter through an employee referral. 2 interview (one technical, one with my future manager)

Interview Question – how do you think the cloud will evolve within the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at VMware in January 2009.

Interview Details – Was contacting by a head hunter. Did 4 interviews on face 2 face in a very short period of time (1 week). The contract took 3 months to arrive but it respected the initial discussions. The interviews included the manager of this position, the country manager, the sales manager and the channel manager.

Interview Question – There where no specific difficult question.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initial Telephonic Interview for communication

F2F - Would be probably (3 Times)

Few more telephonic interviews with higher management like - TL, Manager. Senior Manager, Director

Interview Question – Most of them are scenario based and would take your experience to answer them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very formal and they would go to any distance to gather talent.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!