VMware Interview Questions in Sofia

3.7

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in May 2014.

Interview

I got in contact with VMWare through a recruiter and it was a very pleasant experience. Initially I received an e-mail with a problem that I had to resolve in under 1h. That went well (solved it in linear time) then the official interview began by having VMWare to setup the context via a phone call. Then we scheduled a face-2-face technical interview which spanned across 5 - 6h and 5 sessions.
     - First session was basic algorithmic (received a simple problem) + talks on complexity (big oh), data structures and algorithms
    - Second session was some language specific & platform specific knowledge (C#/.NET) check where we discussed on how things work under the hood
    - Third session was another algorithmic talk with a bit more complex problem that also involved parallel processing
    - Forth session was about behvaioral skills (it was a customer facing role-play) + Software design & architecture
    - Fifth session was about internal VMWare projects, culture and so on.
    The interviewing crew were highly professional, and problem solving with them face 2 face was a pleasant experience. I had to write fully functional code on white-board and notepad++

Location

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware (Sofia (Bulgaria)).

Interview

Recruitment team will contact you and then either an optional phone screening interview may follow.
    After that a in-person interview (usually 3 hours - 3 different interviews with 3 different interviewers)
    Usually another 3 hour set may follow after a week or two.
    And then - time for an offer :)

Interview Questions

• What would you change in the next Java version   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable, but as every large company - there are boundaries.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in March 2011.

Interview

They approached me by mail. After I sent my resume and had an interview with an HR person there was an phone interview. It was for general software development knowledge and lasted 1h. After I was approved they send me an small development assignment to develop in 3-5 days. After they were satisfied with my implementation of the task they asked me what was the most convenient time for me to go for an face to face interview. The last interview were actually 3 different interviews in one day. Each one of this interviews lasted 1,5h and was with different persons. 3-5 days after the last stage they offered me a concrete job. Finally with my signed permission they started a process of background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter asked me about my expectations about the company, team and salary. After a couple of days they presented me an offer trying to satisfy most of my requires.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in February 2011.

Interview

first there is a phone interview, afterwards if you pass the interview, you receive a call stating when will the next meeting take place.Then if you pass the interview with the Senior manager and the HR manager you will be offered a contract.

Interview Questions

• Is the salary main driving force to apply at our company ?   Answer Question