VMware

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at VMware in July 2013.

Interview Details – Good discussions with VMware recruiter, and local SE manager lead to on-site interview with SE Manager and a few account reps. Interview questions were the normal, how do you overcome objections, how resources do you use. After several weeks of hearing nothing, was told I wasn't being offered the position, but may be contacted in the future.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a customer wanting to go in depth on a product you know little about - 5 minutes before the meeting?   Answer Question

Santiago (Chile)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited to the process by a recruiter, it consisted of 4 phone interviews, and after passing those an on-site interview in Palo Alto offices. The process is really straightforward, and they inform you about your progress after each step. The recruiter for my region is really topnotch and committed to delivering a good experience for you as a candidate.

Interview Question – Not really difficult or unexpected questions, in my case it centered around my previous experience and knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was really simple, they sent a spreadsheet so I can describe my current compensation package, and then made a competitive offer.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at VMware in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the above role through their website and been screened (with in a week) through the HR team on telephone (around 45 mins), with in few days they setup another telephonic interview with the technical manager. I did really well and explained my skills (presales and technical) and the projects I have worked. The telephonic interview took over 1hr15 mins, which included the technical and standard general questions like why you want to work for VMware, what would be your next career step. With in 2 days I had an email saying that I have not been selected as I'm more on the "delivery side". which is really a joke as I never worked on delivery side and emailed about all the Opportunities I have worked and questioned this. within a day I had response saying that you have some good pre sales experience, however for this particular vacancy we require someone with more experience (standard response)....

Interview Question – Nothing, as answered most of the question with in my domain   Answer Question

Systems Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a regular process, starting from reccruiter to telephonic discussion and face to face discussion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – NO Not Much

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!