VMware

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at VMware in December 2013.

Interview Details – Overall, I had a very good experience. Everybody was very forthright and kept appointments. Every person that I talked to was very professional and quick to answer any question that I had. The technical interview was rough and may have been a bit of a blow to my ego, but the interviewer was great.

Interview Question – In the technical interview, I literally felt like I tanked. There were some simple questions at the beginning but that just seemed to bring on bigger guns. The interviewer was very friendly but I think that just made it feel surreal. In the end I was not able to answer questions that I thought I knew the answer to because I was getting more nervous with every question.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details – There was an initial recruiter-type screening, followed by a number of separate technical and business-process type interviews. Following these, there was several weeks of no activity, then an inperson interview process that included a total of 6 people in groups numbering 1,2,3.

After the interviews, I was told someone would get back to me within a week. After a month of no responses, I asked for a status and was again told someone would get back to me within a week. I have yet to get any response at all.

Interview Question – They peppered the interview with out-of-left-field type questions. They weren't crazy how would you move mount fiji type questions, but they were asked totally randomly. It left me feeling a little uneasy and unsure of the flow of the conversation   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at VMware in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer (HR) was a very young lady who changed her jobs in the short term. Obviously she was not good at communicating with people and the way she spoke was not very professional. I got a bad impression of this company because of this lady.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question. The thing is an HR person had not even looked at my resume before the interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at VMware

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

VMware Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware Technical Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees and interview candidates.