VMware

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at VMware.

I actually interviewed more than once for two separate TAM roles. The first round went through a series of 6 phone interviews. From what I understand I was final round but didn't get it. That started off with a technical interview which was a lot of questions surrounding the product stack. Be aware of new products and versions of vCloud, vSphere, vCAC, vCops, etc...

Not sure if that many interviews is typical. The second time I applied was when they called me back after 5 months for another opening. This interview process took around a month and was a few more interviews technical, and scenario type questions. I'd suggest preparing notes with product info, as well as focusing on use case examples of your resume history.

Interview Questions
  • The scenario questions are more of "what would you do in this situation". A lot of high level overview scenarios along the lines of how you deal with business stakeholders, interact with account teams, handle difficult conversations like customer pain points. Again, discuss use cases where you've implemented their products and what business problems you solved with them.   Answer Question
Very happy with the offer, didn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at VMware.

I applied online and was contacted by a vmware recruiter the next day. The initial chat went well and I was called back to schedule a technical interview that day. We scheduled the interview out four days and I was warned it was going to be a technical interview. The technical interview was tough! I hung up feeling very humble. I didn't get the offer but I wasn't extremely surprised given my interview performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware in December 2013.

Overall, I had a very good experience. Everybody was very forthright and kept appointments. Every person that I talked to was very professional and quick to answer any question that I had. The technical interview was rough and may have been a bit of a blow to my ego, but the interviewer was great.

Interview Questions
    • In the technical interview, I literally felt like I tanked. There were some simple questions at the beginning but that just seemed to bring on bigger guns. The interviewer was very friendly but I think that just made it feel surreal. In the end I was not able to answer questions that I thought I knew the answer to because I was getting more nervous with every question.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at VMware.

There was an initial recruiter-type screening, followed by a number of separate technical and business-process type interviews. Following these, there was several weeks of no activity, then an inperson interview process that included a total of 6 people in groups numbering 1,2,3.

After the interviews, I was told someone would get back to me within a week. After a month of no responses, I asked for a status and was again told someone would get back to me within a week. I have yet to get any response at all.

Interview Questions
    • They peppered the interview with out-of-left-field type questions. They weren't crazy how would you move mount fiji type questions, but they were asked totally randomly. It left me feeling a little uneasy and unsure of the flow of the conversation   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in April 2014.

Great and pleasant experience/s with HR in Australia and also the many people in the TAM team. The interview process was intense with their requires were on technical knowledge, customer service and being agile. It is all providing a value service to each and every VMware customer.

Interview Questions
    • Product knowledge of EUC, SDDC and Hybrid Cloud. These are the key and important items that will take the IT industry to the next era.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at VMware in April 2014.

I've been contacted via LinkedIn and as this position is close match to my current position with other global vendor, I've sent them my CV. First interview with HR in Ireland over the phone (1 hour) rather straight forward and professional. After initial interview, scheduled technical screening/interview and their HR make huge faux pas not communicating date/time correctly (at least that was excuse received from local hiring office) ending up with interviewer showing up 50 min late on scheduled interview. After that 1:1 which passed totally ok (2 hours chat about previous experiences, expectations,....) no follow up in any form for 2.5 months (after pinging HR: "we'll follow up after we get answer from hiring mgr."...). Pending...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special/complicated on both interviews, HR initial and technical screening. More in chit-chat form.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in March 2013.

The interviewer (HR) was a very young lady who changed her jobs in the short term. Obviously she was not good at communicating with people and the way she spoke was not very professional. I got a bad impression of this company because of this lady.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question. The thing is an HR person had not even looked at my resume before the interview.   Answer Question