VMware

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter and the initial phone interview went well, just talked about my experience and got a feel for the job responsibilities. The next call was set up with one of the team members and this was where the technical questions were asked. Most were about SQL queries and how to pull information from tables. The third interview was set up with the hiring manager and the call only lasted about 30 minutes, with him not really asking any questions, just talking about the job. Was told I would be hearing from them within the week and I heard nothing so I contacted the recruiter and got no response.

Interview Question – Just questions on how to pull data from multiple tables and then output that data into a report.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details – The interview process was grueling to say the least. It consisted of 8 phone interviews, followed by a half day of 30 min, in person interviews, followed by a group interview.
The depth of questions was challenging in both technical as we as business.

Interview Question – "Please define Risk"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy !

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at VMware

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

VMware Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware Technical Consultant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees and interview candidates.