VMware Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.2

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frimley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VMware (Frimley, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Relaxed, Open, two-way process. Fast process end to end. The best interaction I ever had in my last 11 years of IT career. Just perfect. From screening to technical phone test everything was structured. They all spoke the same language and open to questions.

Interview Questions

• About my passion for the company.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to move - You have a perfect job already!   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware.

Interview

I was contacted via the recruiter and given a list of items to prepare for. on attending the interview i was made to feel very welcome and could see the great company culture shining even after just a few minutes. I was interviewed by the current intern and after getting past the 1st interview by the division manager. My overall experience was extremely good, never have i had such a relaxed and interesting interview.

Interview Questions

VMware Response

Sep 25, 2014 – Director of University Relations

It’s great to hear that you had such a positive experience. We are proud of our culture and I am thrilled to know that came across during your time with us. Thanks for sharing your feedback and ... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied for the above role through their website and been screened (with in a week) through the HR team on telephone (around 45 mins), with in few days they setup another telephonic interview with the technical manager. I did really well and explained my skills (presales and technical) and the projects I have worked. The telephonic interview took over 1hr15 mins, which included the technical and standard general questions like why you want to work for VMware, what would be your next career step. With in 2 days I had an email saying that I have not been selected as I'm more on the "delivery side". which is really a joke as I never worked on delivery side and emailed about all the Opportunities I have worked and questioned this. within a day I had response saying that you have some good pre sales experience, however for this particular vacancy we require someone with more experience (standard response)....

Interview Questions

• Nothing, as answered most of the question with in my domain   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frimley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at VMware (Frimley, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Recruiter approached me via LinkedIn. Spoke to 6 different interviewers over the phone - with different Paolo Alto based teams. 3 face to face interviews - with local people. I think it is important for different teams to approve a candidate - so many of the interviews were quite repetitive. I guess they want to get "buy in" from as many people as possible. I tried to ensure that I tackled each new person as if they were the first person I was speaking to.

Interview Questions

• Typical functional and technical questions - no attempts to catch me out. Focus on previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We negotiated a slight increase on the initial offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Telephone interview - with the recruitment team in Ireland face to face interview with practice manager and technical senior consultant Ask questions about - skill sets, product knowledge, life experiences, availability. The offlice location was relaxed and free vending machines were available. The VMware head office was located in Frimley within the business estate.