VSP Vision Care Interview Questions

3.2

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VSP Vision Care (Rancho Cordova, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I arrived early. I prepared for days. I arrived 15 minutes early but was called in 10 minutes late. And when I went in for the interview, I was interviewed by an assistant who was told an hour before the sheduled interview time that she was interviewing me because the supervisor wasn't ready. I had this appointment for over a week. I left my house an hour and a half before the interview. ...so basically the assistant was told to interview me while I was driving there. The interview went very well. I even gave a portfolio of my writing, but I didn't get the job. They provided 0 feedback as to why. And now I've seen this position post 4 more times since my interview. I'm very qualified, if not almost over-qualified, for this position, but they treated me like garbage.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VSP Vision Care in September 2013.

Interview

Often panel interviews that include questions about how you would handle specific situations. These questions are more about how you currently handle situations and what you have learned in the process. Once a panel interview was completed the hiring manager or director also did an interview.

Interview Questions

• Probably about tools that I did not currently use. I had no knowledge of them but assured the panel that I was willing to learn.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Actually, they made an offer and would not negotiate on salary

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at VSP Vision Care (Rancho Cordova, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Met them during the career fair at CSUS, got invited to a formal interview at their location in Rancho Cordova. The interview process was rapid 5 minute interviews with several managers stationed at separate tables. The questions varied and some managers did not ask any questions but instead told you about the position they were looking to fill.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions weren't very technical the tough questions came at the career fair. There they grilled me on several different questions. The most unexpected question for me was bases on what I felt would be the position I would be best qualified for based on my education and previouse experience.   Answer Question

I choose another offer with another company.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VSP Vision Care.

Interview

Well this was the 1st time this company has ever done a "speed interview". My group had about 20 people and there was about 4 hiring managers. Each person had 5 minutes with each manager. It was all about 1st impressions. They asked about yourself and other situation questions. Very rushed, 1st interview went fine pretty easy, basic questions then the 2nd interview was a bit harder, with more situation questions.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult to settle in and connect with each manager, just because you were being timed. One manager kept looking at the time, so I felt like we didnt connect at all. One question was, "How would you handle objection"?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VSP Vision Care (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very very nice people, pleasant to speak with. The recruiter was very encouraging and excited to interact with her interviewees. Everyone in the building was a pleasure to speak with.

Interview Questions

I had a more competitive offer but they did have benefits

Java Developer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at VSP Vision Care in March 2013.

Interview

My first contact was at my colleges career fair and that was like a formal interview because they grilled me on programming questions. Then the formal interview was a 'speed dating' type of interview were they had several tables set up with a manager assigned to each table. Then you only 5 minutes to talk to each one. Some managers would tell you what they were doing and the time would expire before you got to say anything. Nothing too technical. A couple weeks later I was offered a job but went in another direction.

Interview Questions

• At the career fair I told him that I'm a C coder and he asked me how to close a SQL connection in Java.   Answer Question

I got an offer to work on bigger projects with another company.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VSP Vision Care.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. First received a email questioner, then an in person interview. Pretty basic questions for customer service, how do you calm people down, how do you handle stress, etc. VSP is huge on team work and change, so you need to be flexible and like working on teams.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly rate was not negotiable. I got a prorated raise at the end of the year though, great benefits, and holiday bonus.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VSP Vision Care (Rancho Cordova, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

This was like an interrogation process VS a interview process. They asked why you left your last two jobs, and they wanted detailed information which made me feel uncomfortable, because I had to leave my last job due to medical reasons. Then there were 2 different tests plus a phone interview all before you had a face to face interview. During the face to face interview they did not tell me every thing about the job. They said I would be helping doctors getting authorizations and speaking to members. They never told me I would be doing claims.

Interview Questions

• Once I actually got a face to face interview they did not ask to many questions. Mostly questions about how you handle your work flow and questions about your pervious jobs. The one unexpected question was "What have you done in the last year to improve your skills.? Nothing to bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negation phase. They just tell you what they are willing to pay you, and it is take it or leave it. My advice would be not to work here. If you do really want to work here I would make sure to ask very specific question about the job and what you will get payed, I would also ask about raises and bonuses and how all of it works. Last year every one got a 1%-2% pay raise no matter how well they performed. I would also ask about promotions and what it takes to get one.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VSP Vision Care (Rancho Cordova, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The majority of the application process for me was done via e-mail including any forms I needed to fill out. I had one in-person interview with a manager and a manager trainee. I was asked a serious of questions regarding what I would do in certain scenarios, many which were based on difficult circumstances.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an upset customer? What would I say or do to turn the situation around.   1 Answer

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VSP Vision Care (Sacramento, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Appointment time and day was set by the Staffing Agency. Researched the company and hiring manager. Showed up 15 min early and reviewed my notes. Interviewed with the manager and their assistant. Answered approx. 10-15 Behavioral questions then asked 4 questions about the company and position. Last question was about the hiring manager and they were impressed I found out positive info about them. THEN they asked me if anything in my background or credit would hinder them hiring me. I said might be a glitch and briefly explained why. After interview, hiring manager walked me to reception area; complimented me on the interview said they would contact me within 2-3 days. Didn't hear back from employer.

Interview Questions

• Asked many Behavorial questions. Basic ones easily found on Google.   Answer Question