VSP Vision Care

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VSP Vision Care in September 2014.

I arrived early. I prepared for days. I arrived 15 minutes early but was called in 10 minutes late. And when I went in for the interview, I was interviewed by an assistant who was told an hour before the sheduled interview time that she was interviewing me because the supervisor wasn't ready. I had this appointment for over a week. I left my house an hour and a half before the interview. ...so basically the assistant was told to interview me while I was driving there.

The interview went very well. I even gave a portfolio of my writing, but I didn't get the job. They provided 0 feedback as to why. And now I've seen this position post 4 more times since my interview. I'm very qualified, if not almost over-qualified, for this position, but they treated me like garbage.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at VSP Vision Care in April 2013.

Met them during the career fair at CSUS, got invited to a formal interview at their location in Rancho Cordova. The interview process was rapid 5 minute interviews with several managers stationed at separate tables. The questions varied and some managers did not ask any questions but instead told you about the position they were looking to fill.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions weren't very technical the tough questions came at the career fair. There they grilled me on several different questions. The most unexpected question for me was bases on what I felt would be the position I would be best qualified for based on my education and previouse experience.   Answer Question

I choose another offer with another company.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VSP Vision Care in March 2013.

Very very nice people, pleasant to speak with. The recruiter was very encouraging and excited to interact with her interviewees. Everyone in the building was a pleasure to speak with.

Interview Questions

I had a more competitive offer but they did have benefits

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

interviewed at VSP Vision Care in June 2012.

Hiring process was very very long. I had several interviews over the course of a few months and it took them a while to make their final decision. The interviews themselves wasn't overly technical but they did ask me a lot of technical based questions (I did not go through any white boarding) and various technologies that i had experience with (git, svn, etc)

Interview Questions
    • No questions were overly difficult, it wasn't a technical interview   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VSP Vision Care in February 2012.

This was like an interrogation process VS a interview process.
    They asked why you left your last two jobs, and they wanted detailed information which made me feel uncomfortable, because I had to leave my last job due to medical reasons.
    Then there were 2 different tests plus a phone interview all before you had a face to face interview.
     During the face to face interview they did not tell me every thing about the job. They said I would be helping doctors getting authorizations and speaking to members. They never told me I would be doing claims.

Interview Questions
    • Once I actually got a face to face interview they did not ask to many questions. Mostly questions about how you handle your work flow and questions about your pervious jobs. The one unexpected question was "What have you done in the last year to improve your skills.? Nothing to bad.   Answer Question
    There is no negation phase.
    They just tell you what they are willing to pay you, and it is take it or leave it.
    My advice would be not to work here. If you do really want to work here I would make sure to ask very specific question about the job and what you will get payed,
    I would also ask about raises and bonuses and how all of it works.
    Last year every one got a 1%-2% pay raise no matter how well they performed.
    I would also ask about promotions and what it takes to get one.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VSP Vision Care in August 2011.

The majority of the application process for me was done via e-mail including any forms I needed to fill out. I had one in-person interview with a manager and a manager trainee. I was asked a serious of questions regarding what I would do in certain scenarios, many which were based on difficult circumstances.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle an upset customer? What would I say or do to turn the situation around.   View Answer

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at VSP Vision Care in March 2010.

Appointment time and day was set by the Staffing Agency. Researched the company and hiring manager. Showed up 15 min early and reviewed my notes. Interviewed with the manager and their assistant. Answered approx. 10-15 Behavioral questions then asked 4 questions about the company and position. Last question was about the hiring manager and they were impressed I found out positive info about them. THEN they asked me if anything in my background or credit would hinder them hiring me. I said might be a glitch and briefly explained why. After interview, hiring manager walked me to reception area; complimented me on the interview said they would contact me within 2-3 days. Didn't hear back from employer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked many Behavorial questions. Basic ones easily found on Google.   Answer Question

General Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VSP Vision Care in January 2010.

I read of the position on the internet through Simply Hired and submitted a resume through the company's web site. About a week later, human resources called for a phone screening appointment.

The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and covered a chronology of my past employment and a review of my skills and relevant experience. The most memorable question was how I would define the scope of the position in light of current market conditions.

About 3 weeks later, I was notified by email that I would be invited for an interview a peer manager. Human Resources asked me to call for an appointment and several afternoon appointments were offered over a two-week period.

On the day of the interview, I arrived early at the offices and waited outside until the manager came down to fetch me. Over the period of an hour the interview asked me about the future of the company's competitors, products. Questions also covered the market place, the team atmosphere amongst the managers within the division I was applying for and other divisions within the VSP corporate umbrella. I had a chance to ask questions and those were answered.

About a month later, I was advised that I was not the final selectee.

VSP appeared to have a relaxed work environment. As I walked to my interview room, I saw other employees walking about and smiling all of the time. All were business casual dressed or slightly less than that. Everybody was courteous and helpful and even got assistance to where to go for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How much were your health care premiums in your last job?   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at VSP Vision Care in January 2010.

Applied online. In about 10 days I met with two managers that oversaw the position. Met for an hour. Received a call back in a few days to set up another 1:1 interview with the next level manager. Interview went well and was more of a compatibility check than a full-blown interview. Two days later received a call stating that I had been selected along with an email that had an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • If I had to start a farm growing berries what type of berries would I grow and why.   Answer Question
    Easy. Upped their offer by a few thousand and it was accepted.

Senior Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at VSP Vision Care in December 2009.

2 screen interview and asked about experience. From HR

on site interview with panel and hiring manager. Talked about hardcore research skills and director asked a lot about soft skills and past experiences.

Format, went through a list of questions.