VSS Monitoring

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

FPGA Validation Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VSS Monitoring in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Received a prescreening sheet from HR after submitting my resume.
2. Set up a phone interview after 1 week. General Qs, barely technical.
3. Set up an onsite interview after 2 weeks. 4 rounds, 3 technicals+1IQ tests.
4. Set up another 1:1 interview with the hiring manager 2 weeks later. Talked about my experience, and the manager said I will had the results by the next week.
5. Never received any news since then.

The hiring process was very long and disorganised. Maybe because it's a small company.

Interview Question – blocking, non blocking. timing analysis, FF, verilog...   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at VSS Monitoring in February 2013.

Interview Details – Complete chaos with the interview process. Was contacted by 3-4 different HR people during the process and everything was disjointed. Seems that there was no continuity.
Process took 10 weeks and I was not offered the position. I am not upset at not receiving the offer (that is life sometimes), but they way this company "jerks you around" and has you come in to the office 3 times and after that, long silence (no feedbaack) after the interviews.

Interview Question – What value can you bring to VSS?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at VSS Monitoring in January 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty simple interview process. 2 phone and a onsite.

Word of warning with this company, they will string you along. I waited over a month before giving up on them, only to find after 3 months they hired someone else.

I guess they don't have the character or business ethics to notify candidates timely after stating they wanted me.

I gave them a negative review for the lack of professionalism after the interview ended. This might be caused by fast growth or lack or organization, but the end result is still unprofessional.

Interview Question – How would you use only one of their device to load balance a firewall.   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at VSS Monitoring in January 2012.

Interview Details – The company is very unorganized when setting up interviews and schedules. There does not seem to be an process and whatever is set up is at the last minute. This could be because the company is growing but it is obvious they need help. They have grown despite themselves and if were better run they would really explode!

Interview Question – How many Analytic and performance ool vendors do you know?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for VSS Monitoring? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VSS Monitoring interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by VSS Monitoring employees and interview candidates.