VWR International

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brisbane, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at VWR International.

Interview Details – It took two interviews to be hired.

Interview Question – No surprises, standard job interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are give an offer, no negotiations.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at VWR International.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview--I have to say she wasn't very friendly or talkative, just asked her list of questions and when I answered there was no conversation at all. I was told I would hear by phone or e-mail in two weeks. Never heard by phone and it was three weeks later that I received a thank you but no thank you.

Interview Question – No unusual questions.   Answer Question

Swedesboro, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VWR International in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a nice surprise to see that VWR responded to my online application three days after I submitted it. They scheduled a phone interview and the HR recruiter asked a lot of questions relevant to the job. She also asked about my past job experiences especially situations that relate to the current job description. The phone interview lasted for half an hour and they asked me to come to the Swedesboro office for the 1:1 interview the next day.

The workplace looked new and very professional. Everyone I met so far seemed really nice, especially the manager who interviewed me. It also lasted half an hour and the questions were more specific this time -- mostly situational questions like what would I do if I encounter this, etc. The interview went really well and they offered me job after three hours.

They also offered me the highest pay for the position, probably because of my work experience. Don't be afraid to negotiate! It's also higher than the industry average so I'm assuming a lot of their employees are quite happy about that.

I would advise prospective employees to be confident and pleasant. They didn't specify but wear business professional to the interview.

Interview Questions

• If there were 4 more applicants here with you, what would you tell me to convince me to hire you?   View Answer
  • The workday is usually busy. How will you handle additional urgent projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the pay. They will pay more if you have a lot of relevant work experience. Just stress your skills and what you would be able to do for them, but be nice at the same time. Never pushy.

Worked for VWR International? Contribute to the Community!