VWR International

Average Difficulty
40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VWR International in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen, then a face - to - face with hiring manager. Phone screen is pretty easy, manager interviews can be easy or hard depending on manager. Pretty quick process.

Interview Question – All the usual questions. They ask for previous earnings and then match it. Add 10-15k because they didn't ask for a tax return etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VWR International in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Phone interview with hiring manager. In person interviews with hiring manager and her supervisor. Phone interview with VP of sales. Follow up with HR after each interview. I sent emails following each interview to follow up.

Interview Question – Give three top qualities of sales rep. How do you meet the qualities? Give examples of times you met/used the qualities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company did not give salary range up front. Do research and ask for above average salary. Benefits standard.

Technician, Lab Support Interview

Technician, Lab Support
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VWR International in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through the internet, got asked to schedule a phone interview within the same day. The website for scheduling they use is convenient. The recruiter explained the job position in detail. All the questions were typical interview questions, no specific lab questions were asked.

Interview Question – Most difficult question to answer was whether I was alright with the low salary they were offering.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Onsite Coordinator Interview

Onsite Coordinator
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at VWR International in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process is slow. I applied in September, got a phone interview in October, then a face to face in Novemer, but the position was put on hold. There was no communication after that. I had to call to find out what was going on. I was then informed that the position was on hold.

Interview Question – Questions were normal interview questions. The Manager put me at ease and was a nice guy to talk to.   Answer Question

Onsite Coordinator Interview

Onsite Coordinator
Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online - interviewed at VWR International in December 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process begins with an outside screening company. Getting past the screening company can be difficult and require more skills and experience than the job specifies. Interview with management was straight forward and relaxed.

Interview Question – I do not recall facing any unexpected questions for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – VWR met the standard I gave for initial compensation exact.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Contact Center Representative
Brisbane, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at VWR International.

Interview Details – Agency will contact you for the initial interview. The application form will ask for desired salary. You will get a chance to interview with the manager if they think you are qualified

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation is not hat I expected

Third Party Buyer Interview

Third Party Buyer
Radnor, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VWR International in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was straight forward, asking why I would be a good fit and what qualities do I have that make me a good fit.

Interview Question – Nothing was really all that difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate, they are pretty set in there policies

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Brisbane, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at VWR International.

Interview Details – It took two interviews to be hired.

Interview Question – No surprises, standard job interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are give an offer, no negotiations.

Interviewed at VWR International

Interview Details – I applied online, and had a phone interview in about a week. The questions weren't tough, just generic: What is the quality you look most for in a company, what are you most proud of that you did in the past year and why, etc, etc.

I did not receive the position, but I suspect it was because I did not follow up after the interview.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult or unexpected, just generic.   Answer Question

San Dimas, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VWR International in January 2009.

Interview Details – Met with regional sales manager in local VWR office. Meeting was basic in format and questions.

Interview Question – Do you think sales is a harder job than your current position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. I took the offer because it was a promotion.

Interviews for Top Jobs at VWR International

Worked for VWR International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VWR International interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews posted anonymously by VWR International employees and interview candidates.