VWR International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.6

Trade Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VWR International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very long process with different departments and multiple people. First I had two interviewed over the phone, then two more in person. Total number of interviewers was six. I didn't expect to get that job.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, nothing special   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much negotiations as I was very interested in the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at VWR International (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well. The HR rep I spoke with was very personable. Also, I do like that they contacted me through email initially. I do not like answering the phone numbers I do not know. This allowed me to think about what they wanted before responding.

Interview Questions

• They did ask about each previous job on my resume. Even dating back 10 years.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VWR International (Duluth, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Found the job opening on Monster.com, filled out the application online and submitted my resume for a material handler. I received an email confirmation and then an alert to schedule a phone interview. I followed the steps and had a phone interview within a day or two. During the phone interview, I was asked about my current and past work experience, what set me apart from other applicants and my availability for shifts and interviews in the future. I wasn't able to start right away due to my current job. I did not hear anything back after that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VWR International (Suwanee, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website and a day later I got an email to set up a phone interview. The recruiter called me the next day and talked about the job and company. She then went to ask me interview questions and after told me she would be sending all this to the hiring manager. I never heard back. No email, no call. Nothing!

The recruiter was very pleasant, have no complaints about her. I would just say it'd be nice to heard a rejection email or call than nothing at all!

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses?
      They basically asked normal interview questions nothing too hard to answer.

Answer Question

Supervisor, Distribution Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VWR International.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with outsourced HR company. Had applied for open management position but was informed I was more qualified as a 1st line supervisor. A month later I had a second interview with director, manager, and HR Business partner discussed previous experiences, successes, and future goals. Salary negotiation with Director after offer one month later .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long-term hotel residence during training

Inventory Control Coordinator Interview

Interview

HR interview on the phone first, then interview at the branch. Although I was late for 1 hour, they still interview me and I was hired. They asked lots of canned questions and seem to nod at everything I have said. Some people are walking in and out constantly and it is a pretty awkward interview process. I was surprised that I got the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VWR International (Radnor, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Online Application, Phone Interview with recruiter, Phone Interview with hiring agent, and Skype Interview with 3 members of VWR. Long process with many steps involved. Talked with recruiting agent first to screen applicants. Then had a phone interview with the actual hiring agent who would be the boss.

Interview Questions

• Situation based on previous experience. Such as tell me a time when you had a conflict with a team member and how did you overcome that conflict, what was the outcome? Looking to see how your previous experience will accomplish the job your applying for.   Answer Question

Better offer from another company

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at VWR International in January 2015.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview, spoke with an HR recruiter. I was asked very standard questions, "tell me a time you worked hard and failed" "list the three most important qualities of a successful sales person". Lasted about 15 min.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at VWR International.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email within a few hours for an interview request. I was able to choose which time slot I wanted online for a phone interview. The questions asked during the actual interview were typical job related questions. The interviewer asked about the experiences I had listed on my resume, why I left my previous jobs, why I applied for this job, what are my future goals. Typical questions along those lines were asked, nothing about the specific duties or skills required for the job

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at VWR International.

Interview

Several phone interviews with typical behavioral questions. How did you work with team members, direct reports etc. and gave specific examples. Got pass the phone interviews and was on site with one on ones with hiring manager and another hr member. Typical questions nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• Nothing too challenging, however they went with an internal candidate, so there was another level of interviews that I did not get a chance to experience   Answer Question