VWR International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at VWR International in July 2014.

Scheduled phone interview with recruiter, she called on time, asked questions like top 3 qualities a sales rep possesses, and quality I look most for in a company.

Following the interview, I took the company's personality test. Nobody from the company ever followed up with me. I contacted the recruiter again and never heard from her.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at VWR International.

Extensive process, many interviews to make it to hire. Fully understood expectations and interviewing manager was personable. Considerate with follow up but company went into a hiring freeze before able to send out offer. This extended the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there is an issue between a manufacturer and a customer and you needed to solve the problem.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Visalia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VWR International in July 2014.

Had a series of 4 interviews from H.R to several phone interviews to a final one on one interview. Total process took about two weeks from initial call to offer presented. Great offer given so there was no need to negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavior based questions used the star technique for answer format.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VWR International.

Applied directly to the website. Was interviewed at a Panera Bread,, which also had a job fair going on. At first I thought I was conned into a job fair, but found out that it was just a coincidence. I was interviewed by 2 of my soon to be supervisors. Both were professional and easy to talk too, and mostly asked generic questions.

Interview Questions
    no negotiations. 6 months to first promotion is a bit long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VWR International in March 2012.

Phone screen, then a face - to - face with hiring manager. Phone screen is pretty easy, manager interviews can be easy or hard depending on manager. Pretty quick process.

Interview Questions
    • All the usual questions. They ask for previous earnings and then match it. Add 10-15k because they didn't ask for a tax return etc.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VWR International in June 2013.

Phone interview with HR. Phone interview with hiring manager. In person interviews with hiring manager and her supervisor. Phone interview with VP of sales. Follow up with HR after each interview. I sent emails following each interview to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Give three top qualities of sales rep. How do you meet the qualities? Give examples of times you met/used the qualities.   Answer Question
    Company did not give salary range up front. Do research and ask for above average salary. Benefits standard.

Technician, Lab Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VWR International in May 2014.

Applied through the internet, got asked to schedule a phone interview within the same day. The website for scheduling they use is convenient. The recruiter explained the job position in detail. All the questions were typical interview questions, no specific lab questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question to answer was whether I was alright with the low salary they were offering.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at VWR International in April 2014.

The process is slow. I applied in September, got a phone interview in October, then a face to face in Novemer, but the position was put on hold. There was no communication after that. I had to call to find out what was going on. I was then informed that the position was on hold.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were normal interview questions. The Manager put me at ease and was a nice guy to talk to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online - interviewed at VWR International in December 2012.

Hiring process begins with an outside screening company. Getting past the screening company can be difficult and require more skills and experience than the job specifies. Interview with management was straight forward and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall facing any unexpected questions for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question
    VWR met the standard I gave for initial compensation exact.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brisbane, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at VWR International.

Agency will contact you for the initial interview. The application form will ask for desired salary. You will get a chance to interview with the manager if they think you are qualified

Interview Questions

Compensation is not hat I expected

Worked for VWR International? Contribute to the Community!