VWR International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VWR International (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted one day after submission of application, and I made an appointment for a phone interview for the next day. Initial interview was with a company recruiter and was generic with no detailed questions about scientific knowledge or specific research techniques. Basically, I just answered questions about my background and why sales was a good fit for someone with my experience.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 characteristics of a good sales representative.   1 Answer

Better offer from different company.

Trade Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VWR International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very long process with different departments and multiple people. First I had two interviewed over the phone, then two more in person. Total number of interviewers was six. I didn't expect to get that job.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, nothing special   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much negotiations as I was very interested in the job.

Information Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VWR International (Radnor, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

They would call you if they were interested and you would have a pre-interview to discuss the company and the position. You would also set up an interview time to have over the phone. At the interview I talked to two of the people on my team, one of which was my manager. They asked me questions about my resume and as to why I wanted to work there. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the Linux experience on my resume   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VWR International (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well. The HR rep I spoke with was very personable. Also, I do like that they contacted me through email initially. I do not like answering the phone numbers I do not know. This allowed me to think about what they wanted before responding.

Interview Questions

• They did ask about each previous job on my resume. Even dating back 10 years.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VWR International.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with outsourced HR company. Had applied for open management position but was informed I was more qualified as a 1st line supervisor. A month later I had a second interview with director, manager, and HR Business partner discussed previous experiences, successes, and future goals. Salary negotiation with Director after offer one month later .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long-term hotel residence during training

Interview

HR interview on the phone first, then interview at the branch. Although I was late for 1 hour, they still interview me and I was hired. They asked lots of canned questions and seem to nod at everything I have said. Some people are walking in and out constantly and it is a pretty awkward interview process. I was surprised that I got the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VWR International (Radnor, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Online Application, Phone Interview with recruiter, Phone Interview with hiring agent, and Skype Interview with 3 members of VWR. Long process with many steps involved. Talked with recruiting agent first to screen applicants. Then had a phone interview with the actual hiring agent who would be the boss.

Interview Questions

• Situation based on previous experience. Such as tell me a time when you had a conflict with a team member and how did you overcome that conflict, what was the outcome? Looking to see how your previous experience will accomplish the job your applying for.   Answer Question

Better offer from another company

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VWR International.

Interview

Extensive process, many interviews to make it to hire. Fully understood expectations and interviewing manager was personable. Considerate with follow up but company went into a hiring freeze before able to send out offer. This extended the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there is an issue between a manufacturer and a customer and you needed to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VWR International (Malvern, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview the next week. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and the in person interview lasted about 30 minutes as well. Was offered a position the following day. Overall, it was a very straight forward interview and it was one of the easiest interviews I have been on. It was my second job interview ever and it was extremely easy and low key. I would recommend this job for someone who is straight out of high school who is looking for a position, but not for someone who needs this job to support a family.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with others?   1 Answer

Onsite Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VWR International (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied directly to the website. Was interviewed at a Panera Bread,, which also had a job fair going on. At first I thought I was conned into a job fair, but found out that it was just a coincidence. I was interviewed by 2 of my soon to be supervisors. Both were professional and easy to talk too, and mostly asked generic questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations. 6 months to first promotion is a bit long.