VWR International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at VWR International in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted shortly thereafter to schedule a phone interview with HR. Following a phone interview with HR an in-person interview was scheduled with the Regional Sales Manager. Almost forgot to mention the asinine personality test.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote our products against the competition?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at VWR International.

Interview

Extensive process, many interviews to make it to hire. Fully understood expectations and interviewing manager was personable. Considerate with follow up but company went into a hiring freeze before able to send out offer. This extended the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there is an issue between a manufacturer and a customer and you needed to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VWR International (Malvern, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview the next week. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and the in person interview lasted about 30 minutes as well. Was offered a position the following day. Overall, it was a very straight forward interview and it was one of the easiest interviews I have been on. It was my second job interview ever and it was extremely easy and low key. I would recommend this job for someone who is straight out of high school who is looking for a position, but not for someone who needs this job to support a family.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with others?   1 Answer

Onsite Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VWR International (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied directly to the website. Was interviewed at a Panera Bread,, which also had a job fair going on. At first I thought I was conned into a job fair, but found out that it was just a coincidence. I was interviewed by 2 of my soon to be supervisors. Both were professional and easy to talk too, and mostly asked generic questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations. 6 months to first promotion is a bit long.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VWR International (Visalia, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Had a series of 4 interviews from H.R to several phone interviews to a final one on one interview. Total process took about two weeks from initial call to offer presented. Great offer given so there was no need to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior based questions used the star technique for answer format.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at VWR International in July 2014.

Interview

Scheduled phone interview with recruiter, she called on time, asked questions like top 3 qualities a sales rep possesses, and quality I look most for in a company.

Following the interview, I took the company's personality test. Nobody from the company ever followed up with me. I contacted the recruiter again and never heard from her.

On Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at VWR International (Cambridge, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Four levels of telephone interviews: 1) Recruitment (screening), 2) Director, 3) Vice President, 4) HR Business Partner. I never did meet my future boss until after I was hired. I fact I had been "on the job" for 2-3 weeks before the "boss" showed up.
    The "Final interview" consisted of meeting the key customer representatives at the actual work site.
    The reason it was negative is that I thought it was quite strange that the company chose me (as one of 15 candidates) without my boss or any representative of the company having met me personally. The only people I met face to face was the primary customer contacts, of which there were three. The offer came about ten days later after the customer interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about whether I had ever worked for one company while being embedded at the customer site as a manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

They provided a very good offer, and I did not ask for a higher salary, just an extra week of vacation, which they provided.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VWR International (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Telephone and in person interviews were professional and as expected. Scheduling process was convenient and flexible. Everyone I spoke with was knowledgeable and answered my questions thoroughly. I thought there was great communication and the recruiter was very easy to talk to and made me feel at ease - she even wished me luck!

Technician, Lab Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VWR International (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through the internet, got asked to schedule a phone interview within the same day. The website for scheduling they use is convenient. The recruiter explained the job position in detail. All the questions were typical interview questions, no specific lab questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question to answer was whether I was alright with the low salary they were offering.   Answer Question

Onsite Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VWR International (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The process is slow. I applied in September, got a phone interview in October, then a face to face in Novemer, but the position was put on hold. There was no communication after that. I had to call to find out what was going on. I was then informed that the position was on hold.

Interview Questions

• Questions were normal interview questions. The Manager put me at ease and was a nice guy to talk to.   Answer Question