VWR International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Brisbane, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at VWR International.

Interview Details – It took two interviews to be hired.

Interview Question – No surprises, standard job interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are give an offer, no negotiations.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at VWR International

Interview Details – I applied online, and had a phone interview in about a week. The questions weren't tough, just generic: What is the quality you look most for in a company, what are you most proud of that you did in the past year and why, etc, etc.

I did not receive the position, but I suspect it was because I did not follow up after the interview.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult or unexpected, just generic.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Dimas, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VWR International in January 2009.

Interview Details – Met with regional sales manager in local VWR office. Meeting was basic in format and questions.

Interview Question – Do you think sales is a harder job than your current position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. I took the offer because it was a promotion.

CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT Interview

CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT
Brisbane, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at VWR International in November 2009.

Interview Details – It was with one the supervisors office of the call center. She was straight forward with questions. Nothing that I could not answer. I just try to be enthusiast and sit forward in the chair.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or any Unexpected question. A simple straight forward interview in how you handle customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to go through a job agency and they handle the pay negotiation. I was satisfied. I was more satisfied that I got the job.

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at VWR International in September 2013.

Interview Details – HR Screening call gave good questions that were all well answered with specifics and references to experience and performance in past positions.

Interview Question – Don't you think you are overqualified?   View Answer

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at VWR International in May 2013.

Interview Details – From application to interview the process took 2 months. Applied online and received an email I wasn't a good match for the job, then a month later was invited to a phone interview followed by a face to face. Didn't hear back for over a month... With a job offer. Start date 3 weeks after that.

Interview Question – What is your definition of integrity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

VWR-Sales Associate-government Job Interview

VWR-Sales Associate-government Job

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VWR International.

Interview Details – Asked questions about my experiences with VWR, A time that I have had to negotiate, and how successful I was at the negotiation. Why I chose VWR and What brought me to search for a job in general in the first place. It was extremely uncomfortable for me. It was the first interview I have had in ten years. I felt like they were not trying to get to know me but more like trying to give me a root canal.

Interview Question – What is an example of a time that you messed up on the job. Pick one VWR product that you like and give us three examples of how you would sell the product to a potential customer.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Position Interview

Inside Sales Position
Suwanee, GA

I applied online - interviewed at VWR International in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview first to weed out people before the face to face interview is set up. Pretty standard interview questions beginning with the traditional "Tell me about yourself" and then followed up with common behavioral type questions regarding the type of position you are applying for

Interview Question – Nothing really too unexpected, just be sure to have some answers in mind for the behavioral questions. Always give examples to back up your answer   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Henrietta, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VWR International.

Interview Details – Was first contacted by phone. An interview was set up for the next week. The interview took place in two parts: one with the department and one with the VP. The VP's questions were very direct and rapid by design. There was no attempt to get to know me or vice versa. These actions told me enough about the work environment to know that I would not choose them as an employer. At the end of the interview, I thanked them for their time but that the position was not a good fit for me after all.

Interview Question – Do I have childcare provisions?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at VWR International in April 2008.

Interview Details – Short interview with 3 peers. Many general questions, none specific to qualifications requiredfor the position.

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, and 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a starting range, with a promise of a raise after a probation period of 3 months. It came 18 months later due to "red tape"