VWR International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Swedesboro, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VWR International in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a nice surprise to see that VWR responded to my online application three days after I submitted it. They scheduled a phone interview and the HR recruiter asked a lot of questions relevant to the job. She also asked about my past job experiences especially situations that relate to the current job description. The phone interview lasted for half an hour and they asked me to come to the Swedesboro office for the 1:1 interview the next day.

The workplace looked new and very professional. Everyone I met so far seemed really nice, especially the manager who interviewed me. It also lasted half an hour and the questions were more specific this time -- mostly situational questions like what would I do if I encounter this, etc. The interview went really well and they offered me job after three hours.

They also offered me the highest pay for the position, probably because of my work experience. Don't be afraid to negotiate! It's also higher than the industry average so I'm assuming a lot of their employees are quite happy about that.

I would advise prospective employees to be confident and pleasant. They didn't specify but wear business professional to the interview.

Interview Questions

• If there were 4 more applicants here with you, what would you tell me to convince me to hire you?   View Answer
  • The workday is usually busy. How will you handle additional urgent projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the pay. They will pay more if you have a lot of relevant work experience. Just stress your skills and what you would be able to do for them, but be nice at the same time. Never pushy.

Third Party Buyer Interview

Third Party Buyer
Radnor, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at VWR International in August 2010.

Interview Details – Received a call first about their expressed interest and set up a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was pretty standard, behavioral interview questions. 2nd interview was with the direct supervisor and the VP of Procurement. Basic questions asked about their company and what your career outlook is.

Interview Question – How do you feel we compare to Thermo Fisher Scientific?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Gave me no room for negotiation.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Radnor, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VWR International in January 2011.

Interview Details – First contact with a very experienced recruiter last year. At that time, she told me that there was not a position that matched my time frame, but she would call me later if new opportunity appears. Two months later, she called me to set an interview with a HR business partner and a HR Director. They asked me about my background, my interests, etc. I could ask some questions about the company, its culture and career opportunities. It was a very good experience, few companies have such a great hiring process.

Interview Question – What do you know about the NLRA? How different are unions in the US than unions in Latin America?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Radnor, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VWR International in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with technical recruiter. Follow-up phone interview with hiring manager. Face to face marathon interview with HR, hiring manager, 2 peers of hiring manager, potential subordinates, would be peers. The subordinate interview included a junior employee whom offered a weak attempt at grilling me. It was his first job in the industry. Exhausting 4+ hours of interviews. I was supposed to be notified of their decision within two weeks. Six plus weeks and a few emails later, I was informed of what I already knew. The position had been filled. Very bush league, I expected better.

Interview Question – Run of the mill interview questions. Give me a time when you were put in a difficult position and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Site Services Interview

Site Services
West Chester, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at VWR International in May 2010.

Interview Details – First was contacted for the postion through the VWR International Recruiter for a position. Had a approx 1 hour phone interview regarding my skills, background, and what I am looking for in my next position. From there we were able to set-up a 1:1 interview at the corporate HQ. I met with the hiring manager and had a great conversation regarding some opportunities he was looking to fill, the person whom he was looking to target for the position, and the timeline of the new hire coming on-board. Overall, my impressions thus far have been great from the recruiter helping to the hiring manager not reading from a script of interview questions and keeping a great dialouge going as we moved through the interview. Lastly, I felt comfortable and look forward to hearing some good news in the next few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your professional experience so far?   View Answer
  • How do you handle people management and what skills can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Tonawanda, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VWR International in July 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through the career resource center, the initial interview was being done with the Warehouse manager, and was around 45 mins long. Constituted of general behavioral questions as well as Supply Chain Concepts and Excel. Then had another 45 mins interview with HR, which was centered upon the behavioral questions, knowledge about the company and future aspirations

Interview Question – How would you market for Telescope in 1750, when no one knows about orbits, moon etc ?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No a lot of room for negotiation

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VWR International in September 2009.

Interview Details – There was a run of the mill phone interview. The interviewer was great and well versed. There were generic resume questions and a few leadership type questions. Tell me about a past experience where you exhibited leadership. Tell me about a time when you helped a colleague achieve a task.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to help a colleague   Answer Question

Procurement Associate Interview

Procurement Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VWR International in January 2014.

Interview Details – Apply through company website. Interview with HR Assistant. Group Interview. Personal interview with HR.

Interview Question – Briefly explain about yourself.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't offered the position that i applied for.

Customer Service Officer Interview

Customer Service Officer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VWR International in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite nice because the hiring manager was satisfied about me and my qualifications.
He asked me some question because I'm a foreigner in Singapore and I answered to him honestly.
Not a very difficult interview and I still gonna smile when I recall it.

Interview Question – Could you kindly explain how you handle the tough job when you in a urgent situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Only one round interview, and the notice take me 2~3 weeks, the HR wasn't very efficiency.

CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT Interview

CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VWR International in February 2011.

Interview Details – Awesome - phone followed by in person followed by job offer

Interview Question – What have you done to help others succeed in the past 6 months   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smooth