VWR International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.7

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VWR International in May 2013.

Interview

From application to interview the process took 2 months. Applied online and received an email I wasn't a good match for the job, then a month later was invited to a phone interview followed by a face to face. Didn't hear back for over a month... With a job offer. Start date 3 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of integrity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VWR International.

Interview

Asked questions about my experiences with VWR, A time that I have had to negotiate, and how successful I was at the negotiation. Why I chose VWR and What brought me to search for a job in general in the first place. It was extremely uncomfortable for me. It was the first interview I have had in ten years. I felt like they were not trying to get to know me but more like trying to give me a root canal.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time that you messed up on the job. Pick one VWR product that you like and give us three examples of how you would sell the product to a potential customer.   Answer Question

Third Party Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VWR International (Radnor, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was straight forward, asking why I would be a good fit and what qualities do I have that make me a good fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, they are pretty set in there policies

Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at VWR International (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was referred to VWR by a VP that I had worked with at a previous company. I interviewed with HR over the phone, and then a week later with the hiring Senior VP. Next step was to interview with 5 of the senior mangers in the Corporate office in Radnor PA. I was made an offer a few weeks later. The entire process took about 6 weeks. The process was quick and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VWR?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what I wanted (Salary, bonus ect) and they met the requirement

Inside Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at VWR International (Suwanee, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first to weed out people before the face to face interview is set up. Pretty standard interview questions beginning with the traditional "Tell me about yourself" and then followed up with common behavioral type questions regarding the type of position you are applying for

Interview Questions

• Nothing really too unexpected, just be sure to have some answers in mind for the behavioral questions. Always give examples to back up your answer   Answer Question

Onsite Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at VWR International (Bloomingdale, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Hiring process begins with an outside screening company. Getting past the screening company can be difficult and require more skills and experience than the job specifies. Interview with management was straight forward and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall facing any unexpected questions for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

VWR met the standard I gave for initial compensation exact.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at VWR International (Henrietta, NY).

Interview

Was first contacted by phone. An interview was set up for the next week. The interview took place in two parts: one with the department and one with the VP. The VP's questions were very direct and rapid by design. There was no attempt to get to know me or vice versa. These actions told me enough about the work environment to know that I would not choose them as an employer. At the end of the interview, I thanked them for their time but that the position was not a good fit for me after all.

Interview Questions

• Do I have childcare provisions?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at VWR International (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had a phone interview--I have to say she wasn't very friendly or talkative, just asked her list of questions and when I answered there was no conversation at all. I was told I would hear by phone or e-mail in two weeks. Never heard by phone and it was three weeks later that I received a thank you but no thank you.

Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VWR International (Batavia, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring process took a LONG time, seemed pretty unorganized. After 3 rounds of interviews, no one bothered to call me back saying I didn't get the job. I got an email 2 months later informing me.

Interview Questions

• The questions we really quite relaxed, and it was more of a 'get to know you' situation. Not bad at all.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swedesboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VWR International (Swedesboro, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a nice surprise to see that VWR responded to my online application three days after I submitted it. They scheduled a phone interview and the HR recruiter asked a lot of questions relevant to the job. She also asked about my past job experiences especially situations that relate to the current job description. The phone interview lasted for half an hour and they asked me to come to the Swedesboro office for the 1:1 interview the next day.

The workplace looked new and very professional. Everyone I met so far seemed really nice, especially the manager who interviewed me. It also lasted half an hour and the questions were more specific this time -- mostly situational questions like what would I do if I encounter this, etc. The interview went really well and they offered me job after three hours.

They also offered me the highest pay for the position, probably because of my work experience. Don't be afraid to negotiate! It's also higher than the industry average so I'm assuming a lot of their employees are quite happy about that.

I would advise prospective employees to be confident and pleasant. They didn't specify but wear business professional to the interview.

Interview Questions

• If there were 4 more applicants here with you, what would you tell me to convince me to hire you?   1 Answer
    • The workday is usually busy. How will you handle additional urgent projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the pay. They will pay more if you have a lot of relevant work experience. Just stress your skills and what you would be able to do for them, but be nice at the same time. Never pushy.