VWR International Interview Questions

2.7

Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VWR International in July 2012.

Hiring process took a LONG time, seemed pretty unorganized. After 3 rounds of interviews, no one bothered to call me back saying I didn't get the job. I got an email 2 months later informing me.

Interview Questions
    • The questions we really quite relaxed, and it was more of a 'get to know you' situation. Not bad at all.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swedesboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swedesboro, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VWR International in May 2012.

It was a nice surprise to see that VWR responded to my online application three days after I submitted it. They scheduled a phone interview and the HR recruiter asked a lot of questions relevant to the job. She also asked about my past job experiences especially situations that relate to the current job description. The phone interview lasted for half an hour and they asked me to come to the Swedesboro office for the 1:1 interview the next day.

The workplace looked new and very professional. Everyone I met so far seemed really nice, especially the manager who interviewed me. It also lasted half an hour and the questions were more specific this time -- mostly situational questions like what would I do if I encounter this, etc. The interview went really well and they offered me job after three hours.

They also offered me the highest pay for the position, probably because of my work experience. Don't be afraid to negotiate! It's also higher than the industry average so I'm assuming a lot of their employees are quite happy about that.

I would advise prospective employees to be confident and pleasant. They didn't specify but wear business professional to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If there were 4 more applicants here with you, what would you tell me to convince me to hire you?   View Answer
    • The workday is usually busy. How will you handle additional urgent projects?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the pay. They will pay more if you have a lot of relevant work experience. Just stress your skills and what you would be able to do for them, but be nice at the same time. Never pushy.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VWR International in March 2012.

Phone screen, then a face - to - face with hiring manager. Phone screen is pretty easy, manager interviews can be easy or hard depending on manager. Pretty quick process.

Interview Questions
    • All the usual questions. They ask for previous earnings and then match it. Add 10-15k because they didn't ask for a tax return etc.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VWR International in January 2011.

First contact with a very experienced recruiter last year. At that time, she told me that there was not a position that matched my time frame, but she would call me later if new opportunity appears. Two months later, she called me to set an interview with a HR business partner and a HR Director. They asked me about my background, my interests, etc. I could ask some questions about the company, its culture and career opportunities. It was a very good experience, few companies have such a great hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the NLRA? How different are unions in the US than unions in Latin America?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VWR International in November 2010.

Initial phone interview with technical recruiter. Follow-up phone interview with hiring manager. Face to face marathon interview with HR, hiring manager, 2 peers of hiring manager, potential subordinates, would be peers. The subordinate interview included a junior employee whom offered a weak attempt at grilling me. It was his first job in the industry. Exhausting 4+ hours of interviews. I was supposed to be notified of their decision within two weeks. Six plus weeks and a few emails later, I was informed of what I already knew. The position had been filled. Very bush league, I expected better.

Interview Questions
    • Run of the mill interview questions. Give me a time when you were put in a difficult position and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Third Party Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VWR International in August 2010.

Received a call first about their expressed interest and set up a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was pretty standard, behavioral interview questions. 2nd interview was with the direct supervisor and the VP of Procurement. Basic questions asked about their company and what your career outlook is.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel we compare to Thermo Fisher Scientific?   Answer Question
    Gave me no room for negotiation.

Site Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at VWR International in May 2010.

First was contacted for the postion through the VWR International Recruiter for a position. Had a approx 1 hour phone interview regarding my skills, background, and what I am looking for in my next position. From there we were able to set-up a 1:1 interview at the corporate HQ. I met with the hiring manager and had a great conversation regarding some opportunities he was looking to fill, the person whom he was looking to target for the position, and the timeline of the new hire coming on-board. Overall, my impressions thus far have been great from the recruiter helping to the hiring manager not reading from a script of interview questions and keeping a great dialouge going as we moved through the interview. Lastly, I felt comfortable and look forward to hearing some good news in the next few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your professional experience so far?   View Answer
    • How do you handle people management and what skills can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at VWR International in November 2009.

It was with one the supervisors office of the call center. She was straight forward with questions. Nothing that I could not answer. I just try to be enthusiast and sit forward in the chair.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or any Unexpected question. A simple straight forward interview in how you handle customers.   Answer Question
    I had to go through a job agency and they handle the pay negotiation. I was satisfied. I was more satisfied that I got the job.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VWR International in September 2009.

There was a run of the mill phone interview. The interviewer was great and well versed. There were generic resume questions and a few leadership type questions. Tell me about a past experience where you exhibited leadership. Tell me about a time when you helped a colleague achieve a task.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VWR International in July 2009.

Applied through the career resource center, the initial interview was being done with the Warehouse manager, and was around 45 mins long. Constituted of general behavioral questions as well as Supply Chain Concepts and Excel. Then had another 45 mins interview with HR, which was centered upon the behavioral questions, knowledge about the company and future aspirations

Interview Questions
    • How would you market for Telescope in 1750, when no one knows about orbits, moon etc ?   View Answers (2)
    No a lot of room for negotiation