Vacations To Go

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Editor Interview

Assistant Editor
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vacations To Go.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called within 24 hours and asked to come in for an interview. I did the following Monday. I met with an HR rep, who asked me some questions about my resume and schooling, and then I took an editing test, a writing test, and filled out an actual application. The editing test was printed on a sheet of paper, and you were to edit it with a pencil. You have a word processing document open on the computer in front of you that you are allowed to use (type words into it to see if they are spelled correctly), and you also have a dictionary that you are able to use. The writing test consisted of three questions that you were to write your answers to: what made you a good candidate, if you could travel to any destination, where would it be, and one other.

I was told that I would be contacted at the end of the week and that the next step would be to meet with the Vacations Publications staff. My interview was at the beginning of May, and to date (June 9), I have yet to hear anything back. My emails and calls regarding the position have gone totally ignored. I have no delusions that I will get the job at this point, but I find it VERY unprofessional that the company cannot answer my inquiries, especially considering that I drove 2 hours to participate in this interview.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vacations To Go in July 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews same day will offer job if they like you

Interview Question – Explain your weakness and how you handle it   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Vacations To Go in December 2010.

Interview Details – HR Manager meet with you asked about your experience, really pushed how much money could be made in commission, gave examples of top performers to entice the job. Later you would have to take an assessment test

Interview Question – No really difficult questions, standard interviewing techniques.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Commission only

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Vacations To Go in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consists of meeting with HR consultant. Then a second meeting with either sales director or second hr person. written math test for idiots and brief interview on the computer

Interview Question – the sales director barely looks at you as he does not like to interview and makes sure you know this   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. commission only 90 day base salary with lower commission then you transition to commission only.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vacations To Go in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very Simple. Two interviews asking about previous sales experience.

Interview Question – no difficult questions if you've had sales experience and have not lied on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations financially, but you were able to choose your set 40 hour work week from several choices.

Cruise Agent Interview

Cruise Agent
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vacations To Go in October 2012.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews, "always get 2 looks at all agents". First interview is with human resources, they determine if you will interview with the director of sales. Nothing difficult, both interviews were very focused on job history and daily activities of past positions. It appeared as if they wanted to determine how well you managed time, dealt with customer concerns as well as what made you successful vs any of your competitors. You will have a writing test to see how you will reply to an interested traveler as well as a math test. Figuring % of commissions to be received, you can use a calculator. Credit & background check.

Interview Question – Tell me the corporate story of your past employer, corporate origin and how you were different vs "brand x"? Expect to be grilled about daily activities and you should be fine.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Was offered another position right after my 2nd interview. Got a call next day from VTG making the offer.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vacations To Go.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an interview after submitting my resume via fax to the office manager. The interview was relatively relaxed and the questions were mostly behavioral in nature with some regarding work history. Following the interview, a single page proofreading test was administered consisting mostly of spelling and punctuation corrections. A dictionary was provided and the test was not timed.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Tour Agent Interview

Tour Agent
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vacations To Go in September 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews

Interview Question – Tell us about your sales experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate

Cruise Agent Interview

Cruise Agent
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vacations To Go in April 2012.

Interview Details – low keyed, process was very easy going. discussed salary,benefits,working hours and types of programs offered by the company.Asked if I had any questions. imformed me that if they were insterested they would call in a few days to set up second interview.

Interview Questions

Cruise Interview

Cruise
Houston, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vacations To Go in December 2011.

Interview Details – I saw the ad on monster.com and submitted my resume, I followed up by finding the local office phone number and asking for human resources. The person in the office pulled up my resume while I was on the phone and set up my interview for two days later. The interview was relatively relaxed and informative. I got a call back that evening for my next interview two days later. They seem to have a two part interview requirement. At the end of my second interview I was given a math and language skills test, directly related to the job. End of day they called and made me an offer to start in the Monday training class contingent on a criminal background check.

It's a 90 day guarantee with a lower commission rate then is all commission at a higher rate. Six months until benefits become available.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or surprising was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I made an attempt at negotiation of the guarantee but there was no wiggle room.

Worked for Vacations To Go? Contribute to the Community!