Vacations To Go Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Vacations To Go in July 2013.

Applied through Craigslist. Got a phone call two days later and an interview scheduled the following week. First interview was with head of HR and the second with the head of the foreign language department. Interview was pretty easy, short and straight forward. Got called back two days later. Accepted the job offer. Worked there for a year. Loved it. Left because I had to move out of town.

Interview Questions
    • They make you take a writing assignment, which was pretty easy in my opinion.   Answer Question
    Based salary plus reduced commission for the first three months. Full commission afterwards. Benefits (vision, dental and etc) only come after you spend 6 month with the company. 401K contribution after a year.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vacations To Go.

I applied online and was called within 24 hours and asked to come in for an interview. I did the following Monday. I met with an HR rep, who asked me some questions about my resume and schooling, and then I took an editing test, a writing test, and filled out an actual application. The editing test was printed on a sheet of paper, and you were to edit it with a pencil. You have a word processing document open on the computer in front of you that you are allowed to use (type words into it to see if they are spelled correctly), and you also have a dictionary that you are able to use. The writing test consisted of three questions that you were to write your answers to: what made you a good candidate, if you could travel to any destination, where would it be, and one other.

I was told that I would be contacted at the end of the week and that the next step would be to meet with the Vacations Publications staff. My interview was at the beginning of May, and to date (June 9), I have yet to hear anything back. My emails and calls regarding the position have gone totally ignored. I have no delusions that I will get the job at this point, but I find it VERY unprofessional that the company cannot answer my inquiries, especially considering that I drove 2 hours to participate in this interview.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vacations To Go in July 2010.

Two interviews same day will offer job if they like you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Vacations To Go in December 2010.

HR Manager meet with you asked about your experience, really pushed how much money could be made in commission, gave examples of top performers to entice the job. Later you would have to take an assessment test

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions, standard interviewing techniques.   Answer Question
    Commission only

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Vacations To Go in October 2012.

Interview consists of meeting with HR consultant. Then a second meeting with either sales director or second hr person. written math test for idiots and brief interview on the computer

Interview Questions
    • the sales director barely looks at you as he does not like to interview and makes sure you know this   View Answer
    no negotiation. commission only 90 day base salary with lower commission then you transition to commission only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vacations To Go in October 2009.

Very Simple. Two interviews asking about previous sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions if you've had sales experience and have not lied on your resume.   Answer Question
    No negotiations financially, but you were able to choose your set 40 hour work week from several choices.

Cruise Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vacations To Go in October 2012.

2 Interviews, "always get 2 looks at all agents". First interview is with human resources, they determine if you will interview with the director of sales. Nothing difficult, both interviews were very focused on job history and daily activities of past positions. It appeared as if they wanted to determine how well you managed time, dealt with customer concerns as well as what made you successful vs any of your competitors. You will have a writing test to see how you will reply to an interested traveler as well as a math test. Figuring % of commissions to be received, you can use a calculator. Credit & background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the corporate story of your past employer, corporate origin and how you were different vs "brand x"? Expect to be grilled about daily activities and you should be fine.   View Answer

Was offered another position right after my 2nd interview. Got a call next day from VTG making the offer.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Vacations To Go.

I was contacted for an interview after submitting my resume via fax to the office manager. The interview was relatively relaxed and the questions were mostly behavioral in nature with some regarding work history. Following the interview, a single page proofreading test was administered consisting mostly of spelling and punctuation corrections. A dictionary was provided and the test was not timed.

Tour Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vacations To Go in September 2009.

2 interviews

Nothing to negotiate

Cruise Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vacations To Go in April 2012.

low keyed, process was very easy going. discussed salary,benefits,working hours and types of programs offered by the company.Asked if I had any questions. imformed me that if they were insterested they would call in a few days to set up second interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Vacations To Go? Contribute to the Community!