Vaco Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.5

Senior IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vaco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a Telephone interview with Vaco recruiter; followed by a technical Skype interview with peer at client; face to face interviews with team members and CEO at client's office.

Interview Questions

• The important one is, "What's your salary expectation?"   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

It was a very easy and comfortable interview process. The people and culture seem exactly the right fit. I met probably 8-10 partners, all very nice and welcoming. It was kind of like a revolving door of people coming in to meet me. It was not at all intimidating. The questions were straight forward and they just seemed to want to get to know me.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vaco in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was easy. I found that they wanted to see my personality. So it is really important to just be yourself. It did take about 2 different times to interview but they wanted to make sure I was right for the job and that I was still interested.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      What do you know about this company?
      What is your experience?

Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at Vaco in September 2013.

Interview

Basic questions nothing odd or out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you have had to make a quick decision and your surevisor was not able to be contacted.....what and how did you handle that situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vaco (Mountain View, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

This was for a contract position with Google in Mountain View, California. I Did interviews for different positions about 6 months apart. Both processes were approximately the same. First I scheduled my interview with a Vaco recruiter. Both Recruiters did not quite have their heads screwed on all the way- so it was more effort than I prefer getting the interview set up. I interviewed with 2 people each time at Google. They were professional and asked about qualifications, working in a team, why I was interested in the position... etc. The first interview had me stay for about 2 hours, learning about the potential team I would be on. The second interview was just an interview. What I did not like about the process was that I felt they jerked me around and wasted my time both times. The first interview had me stay and learn about the job for 2 hours, and I did not get an offer. Why bother if they knew they did not want me? The second interview decided they really needed people who were bilingual (which I am not). Why couldn't they have told me that in the first place? Contracting positions are probably not the way to go anyway if you can avoid them. However, Vaco (at least in Mountain View) is pretty disorganized and in my experience, not very considerate of applicant's time.

Interview Questions

• If you had a superpower, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vaco (Memphis, TN).

Interview

3 interviews and usually, phone, in person, with a team, and sometimes with the entire team. The group wants to pair you with a company that you will like and they will like you. Finding a good fit is more important and getting a job or filling a spot.

Interview Questions

• The hardest thing I got to answer with regard to Vaco was about the job I wanted to have. They did not offer me anything to estimate. Just - what do you want to do all day. That put the job creation back on me to decide how I wanted to make a living.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I opted to contract for 6 months and make sure I wanted to work at my office. I liked the work and the people for about 4 of my 5 years. Companies and cultures change.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vaco (Birmingham, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

VACO is a great company. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone. It was an easy process and would highly recommend them to anyone. It was a very tough decision to not take the job with them but I had a better opportunity that I felt more comfortable accepting.

Took a better opportunity

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vaco (Brentwood, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter; but I missed her call. I called her within 5 mins of missed call; however, it took her 5 days to call me back. We set up an interview and she informed me that she would email me the interview information, which she did. I had previously sent my resume and cover letter, so she had that on file. In the email she requested another copy of my resume and cover letter, both to be attached to their online application. Additionally I was told to bring yet another copy of my resume and cover letter to the interview. It took over an hour to fill out the online application, even though 90% of the info was already listed on my resume. It was very very frustrating and time consuming. When I showed up for the interview, she kept me waiting 25 minutes, with no apology or explanation. She then, after going through my file, requested the identification sources, of which I handed her. She informed me that I was short one form of identification (not listed in the email) and that I could just "run" it back to her. Their office is 30 minutes away! She then took me to a room to perform two software skills tests. She set me up with software versions for MSWord and MSExcel, both of which were one version higher than I had used. She informed me that I could leave when I was finished. I am extremely proficient in both these programs, but not in the versions she set me up with. She walked out and I couldn't not find her. Nor was there anyone at the reception desk; apparently they abandoned the front desk at lunch time. I had no choice but to finish the tests at "turtle speed", and invariably failing several steps. It was VERY frustrating. Of course I never got a call back; it made me look as if I'd been dishonest about my skills. I even left a short note, but got no response.

Beware when you sit down to take any software tests; make sure you know exactly what versions of software you are familiar with and ensure that they set you up with THOSE versions. My recruiter obviously had zero concern about the compatibility; extremely unfair to waste my time like that.

Interview Questions

We never got to the point of an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vaco (Glen Allen, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Discussed my background and requirements of available position.

Sourcing Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Vaco (Charlotte, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

Sourced by Sr. Recruiter, set up a time to meet face-to-face. Talked about my background and educated me about what it means to be a recruiter.

Next step was meeting with Technology Partner at Vaco, 30 minute conversation about background and what the role entails.

Had to take a personality test before meeting with Office Partner.

Met with Office Partner, 15-20 minute conversation. Very similar to other roles, nothing surprising.

Offer was extended after a week of meeting with Office Partner.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising, the focus was more on soft skills and ability to learn new information quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed - salary was fair given my expectations.