Vaco Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.4

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vaco (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Really laid back. Great experience and no pressure. They are located at a beautiful office park. Very beautiful and very easy to find parking. I was interviewed with 3 individuals who all took the time to get to know me. We were able to point point key areas that pointed to several employment opportunities. Enjoyed the experience so much so that I am going to use the services provided and follow up accordingly.

Interview Questions

• asked about my background and wanted to know about my plans with a new career   1 Answer

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vaco (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was coming in from out of town to interview at various companies for 2 days. Vaco was one of them. I thought that we would discuss opportunities they had available for me, but when I got there, I was told it was "just to put a face with the name" and that they would start sending my resume out. I was relocating. I didn't have a lot of time to travel back and forth for random interviews. I am now about 3 weeks after meeting them, and while they were very nice, and seemed to have a lot of opportunities on their website, I have had no real traction with Vaco. I set up 5 direct hire interviews with other companies (non-staffing) in that time and accepted another position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What type of positions I was looking for.   1 Answer

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vaco (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Two different person in the interview, technical and business recruiter. Nice people and great attention to details. The tech recruiter generally ask you about your main skills, checking every words with the resume you sent. After that, the business manager talk you about the opportunities you have, their main clients related with your best skills.

Interview Questions

• Which technologies, Front-End or Back-End do you feel more comfortable?   Answer Question
    • What is your rate (1..10), with 10 Amazing, with (X) language or technology?   Answer Question
    • What was your last job and what were your responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Did you prefer Big League Companies or Small Teams?   Answer Question

Senior IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vaco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a Telephone interview with Vaco recruiter; followed by a technical Skype interview with peer at client; face to face interviews with team members and CEO at client's office.

Interview Questions

• The important one is, "What's your salary expectation?"   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

It was a very easy and comfortable interview process. The people and culture seem exactly the right fit. I met probably 8-10 partners, all very nice and welcoming. It was kind of like a revolving door of people coming in to meet me. It was not at all intimidating. The questions were straight forward and they just seemed to want to get to know me.

Applications Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vaco (Mountain View, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had 2 - 1 phone screening, 2 face to face interviews with Vaco team and their company they offered their vending services. Had to push on the recruiter to set me up with an interview. The interviews were fairly easy.
    Was interviewed for one position and was offered a different one.

Interview Questions

• Product related questions
      Transferrable skills

1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vaco in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was easy. I found that they wanted to see my personality. So it is really important to just be yourself. It did take about 2 different times to interview but they wanted to make sure I was right for the job and that I was still interested.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      What do you know about this company?
      What is your experience?

Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at Vaco in September 2013.

Interview

Basic questions nothing odd or out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you have had to make a quick decision and your surevisor was not able to be contacted.....what and how did you handle that situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vaco (Mountain View, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

This was for a contract position with Google in Mountain View, California. I Did interviews for different positions about 6 months apart. Both processes were approximately the same. First I scheduled my interview with a Vaco recruiter. Both Recruiters did not quite have their heads screwed on all the way- so it was more effort than I prefer getting the interview set up. I interviewed with 2 people each time at Google. They were professional and asked about qualifications, working in a team, why I was interested in the position... etc. The first interview had me stay for about 2 hours, learning about the potential team I would be on. The second interview was just an interview. What I did not like about the process was that I felt they jerked me around and wasted my time both times. The first interview had me stay and learn about the job for 2 hours, and I did not get an offer. Why bother if they knew they did not want me? The second interview decided they really needed people who were bilingual (which I am not). Why couldn't they have told me that in the first place? Contracting positions are probably not the way to go anyway if you can avoid them. However, Vaco (at least in Mountain View) is pretty disorganized and in my experience, not very considerate of applicant's time.

Interview Questions

• If you had a superpower, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vaco (Memphis, TN).

Interview

3 interviews and usually, phone, in person, with a team, and sometimes with the entire team. The group wants to pair you with a company that you will like and they will like you. Finding a good fit is more important and getting a job or filling a spot.

Interview Questions

• The hardest thing I got to answer with regard to Vaco was about the job I wanted to have. They did not offer me anything to estimate. Just - what do you want to do all day. That put the job creation back on me to decide how I wanted to make a living.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I opted to contract for 6 months and make sure I wanted to work at my office. I liked the work and the people for about 4 of my 5 years. Companies and cultures change.