Vaco

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.5

Recruiter Interview

It was a very easy and comfortable interview process. The people and culture seem exactly the right fit. I met probably 8-10 partners, all very nice and welcoming. It was kind of like a revolving door of people coming in to meet me. It was not at all intimidating. The questions were straight forward and they just seemed to want to get to know me.

Applications Analyst Interview

interviewed at Vaco in September 2013.

Basic questions nothing odd or out of the ordinary

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you have had to make a quick decision and your surevisor was not able to be contacted.....what and how did you handle that situation   Answer Question

Various Team Member Google Contractor, Mountain View, California Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vaco in June 2013.

This was for a contract position with Google in Mountain View, California. I Did interviews for different positions about 6 months apart. Both processes were approximately the same. First I scheduled my interview with a Vaco recruiter. Both Recruiters did not quite have their heads screwed on all the way- so it was more effort than I prefer getting the interview set up. I interviewed with 2 people each time at Google. They were professional and asked about qualifications, working in a team, why I was interested in the position... etc. The first interview had me stay for about 2 hours, learning about the potential team I would be on. The second interview was just an interview. What I did not like about the process was that I felt they jerked me around and wasted my time both times. The first interview had me stay and learn about the job for 2 hours, and I did not get an offer. Why bother if they knew they did not want me? The second interview decided they really needed people who were bilingual (which I am not). Why couldn't they have told me that in the first place? Contracting positions are probably not the way to go anyway if you can avoid them. However, Vaco (at least in Mountain View) is pretty disorganized and in my experience, not very considerate of applicant's time.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a superpower, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vaco.

3 interviews and usually, phone, in person, with a team, and sometimes with the entire team. The group wants to pair you with a company that you will like and they will like you. Finding a good fit is more important and getting a job or filling a spot.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest thing I got to answer with regard to Vaco was about the job I wanted to have. They did not offer me anything to estimate. Just - what do you want to do all day. That put the job creation back on me to decide how I wanted to make a living.   View Answer
    I opted to contract for 6 months and make sure I wanted to work at my office. I liked the work and the people for about 4 of my 5 years. Companies and cultures change.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vaco in January 2012.

VACO is a great company. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone. It was an easy process and would highly recommend them to anyone. It was a very tough decision to not take the job with them but I had a better opportunity that I felt more comfortable accepting.

Took a better opportunity

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vaco in March 2011.

I received a call from the recruiter; but I missed her call. I called her within 5 mins of missed call; however, it took her 5 days to call me back. We set up an interview and she informed me that she would email me the interview information, which she did. I had previously sent my resume and cover letter, so she had that on file. In the email she requested another copy of my resume and cover letter, both to be attached to their online application. Additionally I was told to bring yet another copy of my resume and cover letter to the interview. It took over an hour to fill out the online application, even though 90% of the info was already listed on my resume. It was very very frustrating and time consuming. When I showed up for the interview, she kept me waiting 25 minutes, with no apology or explanation. She then, after going through my file, requested the identification sources, of which I handed her. She informed me that I was short one form of identification (not listed in the email) and that I could just "run" it back to her. Their office is 30 minutes away! She then took me to a room to perform two software skills tests. She set me up with software versions for MSWord and MSExcel, both of which were one version higher than I had used. She informed me that I could leave when I was finished. I am extremely proficient in both these programs, but not in the versions she set me up with. She walked out and I couldn't not find her. Nor was there anyone at the reception desk; apparently they abandoned the front desk at lunch time. I had no choice but to finish the tests at "turtle speed", and invariably failing several steps. It was VERY frustrating. Of course I never got a call back; it made me look as if I'd been dishonest about my skills. I even left a short note, but got no response.

Beware when you sit down to take any software tests; make sure you know exactly what versions of software you are familiar with and ensure that they set you up with THOSE versions. My recruiter obviously had zero concern about the compatibility; extremely unfair to waste my time like that.

Interview Questions

We never got to the point of an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vaco in October 2010.

Discussed my background and requirements of available position.

Sourcing Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Vaco in October 2010.

Sourced by Sr. Recruiter, set up a time to meet face-to-face. Talked about my background and educated me about what it means to be a recruiter.

Next step was meeting with Technology Partner at Vaco, 30 minute conversation about background and what the role entails.

Had to take a personality test before meeting with Office Partner.

Met with Office Partner, 15-20 minute conversation. Very similar to other roles, nothing surprising.

Offer was extended after a week of meeting with Office Partner.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing surprising, the focus was more on soft skills and ability to learn new information quickly.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed - salary was fair given my expectations.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vaco in January 2010.

First contact wa brief phone interview to varify location status and experience on resume.
    Second interview was a client interview on the phone one on one.
    Third interview was a panel interview at client site.
    JOb was offered contingint upon background check and education varification.

Interview Questions
    • there were no unexpected questions asked within the framework of business analyst   Answer Question
    I stated what I would expect as a rate for my services. This was a range. My recruter was very dilligent and strived to get me within my range.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vaco in November 2009.

Met with muliple People