Vaco

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sourcing Recruiter Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Vaco in October 2010.

Interview Details – Sourced by Sr. Recruiter, set up a time to meet face-to-face. Talked about my background and educated me about what it means to be a recruiter.

Next step was meeting with Technology Partner at Vaco, 30 minute conversation about background and what the role entails.

Had to take a personality test before meeting with Office Partner.

Met with Office Partner, 15-20 minute conversation. Very similar to other roles, nothing surprising.

Offer was extended after a week of meeting with Office Partner.

Interview Question – Nothing surprising, the focus was more on soft skills and ability to learn new information quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed - salary was fair given my expectations.

Applications Analyst Interview

I interviewed at Vaco in September 2013.

Interview Details – Basic questions nothing odd or out of the ordinary

Interview Question – Explain a time where you have had to make a quick decision and your surevisor was not able to be contacted.....what and how did you handle that situation   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vaco.

Interview Details – 3 interviews and usually, phone, in person, with a team, and sometimes with the entire team. The group wants to pair you with a company that you will like and they will like you. Finding a good fit is more important and getting a job or filling a spot.

Interview Question – The hardest thing I got to answer with regard to Vaco was about the job I wanted to have. They did not offer me anything to estimate. Just - what do you want to do all day. That put the job creation back on me to decide how I wanted to make a living.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I opted to contract for 6 months and make sure I wanted to work at my office. I liked the work and the people for about 4 of my 5 years. Companies and cultures change.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vaco in November 2009.

Interview Details – Met with muliple People

Interview Question – What would you do when you start   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vaco in January 2012.

Interview Details – VACO is a great company. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone. It was an easy process and would highly recommend them to anyone. It was a very tough decision to not take the job with them but I had a better opportunity that I felt more comfortable accepting.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Took a better opportunity

Administrative Interview

Brentwood, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vaco in March 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from the recruiter; but I missed her call. I called her within 5 mins of missed call; however, it took her 5 days to call me back. We set up an interview and she informed me that she would email me the interview information, which she did. I had previously sent my resume and cover letter, so she had that on file. In the email she requested another copy of my resume and cover letter, both to be attached to their online application. Additionally I was told to bring yet another copy of my resume and cover letter to the interview. It took over an hour to fill out the online application, even though 90% of the info was already listed on my resume. It was very very frustrating and time consuming. When I showed up for the interview, she kept me waiting 25 minutes, with no apology or explanation. She then, after going through my file, requested the identification sources, of which I handed her. She informed me that I was short one form of identification (not listed in the email) and that I could just "run" it back to her. Their office is 30 minutes away! She then took me to a room to perform two software skills tests. She set me up with software versions for MSWord and MSExcel, both of which were one version higher than I had used. She informed me that I could leave when I was finished. I am extremely proficient in both these programs, but not in the versions she set me up with. She walked out and I couldn't not find her. Nor was there anyone at the reception desk; apparently they abandoned the front desk at lunch time. I had no choice but to finish the tests at "turtle speed", and invariably failing several steps. It was VERY frustrating. Of course I never got a call back; it made me look as if I'd been dishonest about my skills. I even left a short note, but got no response.

Beware when you sit down to take any software tests; make sure you know exactly what versions of software you are familiar with and ensure that they set you up with THOSE versions. My recruiter obviously had zero concern about the compatibility; extremely unfair to waste my time like that.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – We never got to the point of an offer.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Glen Allen, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vaco in October 2010.

Interview Details – Discussed my background and requirements of available position.

Business Analyst Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vaco in January 2010.

Interview Details – First contact wa brief phone interview to varify location status and experience on resume.
Second interview was a client interview on the phone one on one.
Third interview was a panel interview at client site.
JOb was offered contingint upon background check and education varification.

Interview Question – there were no unexpected questions asked within the framework of business analyst   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I stated what I would expect as a rate for my services. This was a range. My recruter was very dilligent and strived to get me within my range.

Screening Interview for Potential Positions With Their Clients Interview

Raleigh, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vaco in April 2009.

Interview Details – They were very well organized, friendly, and put me at ease. They asked questions about my background, a few of the items on my resume for clarification, and discussed my ideal position.

I met with three individuals including a recruiter, an account manager, and a senior recruiter.

I would highly recommend them to those in the job search.

Interview Question – What type of position was I seeking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Vaco in June 2011.

Interview Details – Was told about job opportunity for a recent college grad. Applied for the job and had an interview with a very nice woman who made me feel comfortable. We went over my resume and experience and what the job demanded but at the end of the interview we both decided that the job probably was not for me.

Interview Question – Just background/experience stuff   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Vaco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vaco interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vaco employees and interview candidates.