Vail Resorts Interview Questions in Breckenridge, CO

Updated Jun 12, 2015

1.9

Chef Tournant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the executive chef in person and a week later interviewed by the sous chef over the phone. The interviews lasted roughly 29 minutes each and were not very difficult at all since I knew most of the answers to questions at the top of my head.

Interview Questions

• basic culinart questions like your sauces, size of dices ect   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Vail owned starbucks- not corporate. on the phone. I was pushed thru the system pretty quickly since i had plenty of experience working in FB, cash handling and customer service. I came in a filled out a few questionnaires, went thu a few orientations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO).

Interview

Applied, Had brief interview and got a call few days later with offer

Interview Questions

• No challenging questions just be prepared for a few customer service questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview asked some very personal questions on integrity, be prepared. I received a follow-up call that someone else had been chosen. I was then able to ask how I interviewed and any suggestions for the future. This was very nice to get response from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What was your least professional moment in you last position?   1 Answer

Tech Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

By phone. Interview was very to the point. No "gotcha" questions. Interviewed by senior supervisor most interested in knowing about past experience in ski and resort operations. Very comfortable interaction.

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Apply online hope for a callback do a phone interview take background test get in person interview if hired required to do a basic training/ skiing evaluation. Personality more important than skiing skills. Lots of steps but it is a fairly straightforward. Season determines chance of hiring

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a snowsports instructor   1 Answer

Negotiation

Experience (time, certification) helps with pay but it is all standardized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

I filled out an application online, was called and invited for an interview shortly after. Interview was easy, fun and informal. Was called a few days later with decision.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. I had one interview with the manager, who asked basic questions. It was a fun conversation and helpful. I was hired soon after, with the news announced by a telephone call.

Negotiation

Standard pay, no negotiation.

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled during close family members funeral. (tragic unexpected death) After I repeatedly requested otherwise. When I took the phone call, there was no genuine tone to the conversation. Very black and white. In retrospect this should have been my red flag for taking a job that turned out to be a huge mistake. After hearing about other people applying and interviewing with Vail, I'm not surprised all at how they treated me.

Interview Questions

• How many people I could manage, how I would do it effectively.

What my intentions were career wise.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in December 2010.

Interview

this interview is conducted over the phone, the job is great except is an in door job, why move to an outdoor paradise and be stucj behind a glass pane all day long? bring some head phones and buy some skis, you will be able to take ski breaks

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite color? I wanted to say green but settled on red   1 Answer

Negotiation

they told me how much it paid, I said ok