Vail Resorts

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Squaw Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview Details – Applied online, initial telephone conversation, short in-person interview

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Vail, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vail Resorts in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call to schedule a phone interview about 3 weeks later. Interview was pretty standard... "how would you deal with angry guests" ... "what are 3 adjectives that describe you" ... "what is your proudest moment/biggest accomplishment" ... "why do you feel you'd be the right candidate for Vail" etc. Guy interviewing sounded pretty relaxed, pretty easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – none.

Keystone, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vail Resorts in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and went through a quick phone interview. Told me they'd call me back the next day but it actually ended up taking about 4 days to get an in person interview. Be persistent or they are likely to forget about you. Once I got to the in person interview they asked really basic questions about my background and why I would be a good fit. Asked for a few examples of my work history and what I would like about working there. Nothing too difficult and no off the wall questions mostly just stuff from a script.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None, they have no room to give you anything but an existing position and pay. They have a preset offer already decided and if you don't take it you don't get the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vail Resorts

Worked for Vail Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vail Resorts Guest Services interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vail Resorts employees and interview candidates.