Vail Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.2

Department Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vail Resorts.

The have a recruitment phone screening team called TAG that are all newbies that have no previous job experience.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be ripperoo ( The Mascot) for a day?   View Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

I applied for a promotion, and a month later management didn't even know. I asked if they were going to interview me and they had no clue. Then they blew me off.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really get an interview because I "Waited too long to apply." So I must not have really wanted the job or been that interested.   View Answer

In-House Counsel Interview

Was expecting an informational call. Turned out to be a substantive interview with an in-house recruiter. Questions were not difficult, I was just caught off guard. I feel like the process was not explained correctly. Odd that a recruiter would ask questions about substantive legal issues.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Had a phone screening from a recruiter within Vail. He was very friendly but there were very long pauses in conversation between answers, I assumed it was because he was trying to type question responses. Make sure you know resume back to front, meaning details of your every day tasks and larger ones, before having the interview.

VP-Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Vail Resorts in October 2013.

After applying online, I had a preliminary interview with a very perky HR person. Then, there were two additional phone interviews (CFO and one other person) and an office visit. It took them over a month to get back to me and I think that they did so only because I followed up aggressively. They said that they had a finalist for this position but it's not clear from other sources that they actually hired anyone.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The CFO is very inexperienced and comes across as such if you've had exposure to other public company CFOs. And, he's also not compensated well for his position compared to peers in comparably sized companies. The people are really nice but this is not a mature company. HR seemed to talk more about their values in developing and leading talent than other execs do.   View Answer

Ski & Car Valet, Private Clubs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vail, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vail, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Vail Resorts in September 2013.

The hiring process is when it all looks great. Moving to a ski town and working for the mountains managing company, didn't think it could be better. The interview process starts off on the company employment website. You must first create a career account to search job listings and openings with the company. Once one or more jobs are applied for you attach resume and answer short personality surveys. Completing all of the above will get you to the first cut down stage. At this point, you will be contacted by a Talent Acquisitions Manger who will start your employment process with a brief interview and searches for reasons not to approve you to advance in the process. This call will last between 15-30 minutes and is scheduled via Email communication. If approved by the talent aquisitions interviewer you will then be contacted by the hiring manager at the designated job you are looking to land. Once you are contactd by the hiring manager you will go through one phone interview (minimun) and one webcam interview (skype, facetime, ect.) the interviews are not recorded and neither party in held accountable to what is said and\or promised in the interview. If hired...you are on your own from there..find housing, secure it and be ready to go in mid November.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question that was asked to me in the interview process was if i was willing to work in the cold conditions.   Answer Question
    I agreed to work for $14.10 and eneded up getting $12.10 when finshed paperwork was picked up from HR. Hiring manager had no recolation of negotiated rate during interview.

Ski Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vail Resorts.

I applied with no experience and got declined, then I applied for the college internship program and got accepted to the same position.
    Phone interview with HR rep, very nice asking my experience with skiing where, how long, experience with kids, experience with leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to work in harsh conditions, changing drastically at a moments notice? Describe your experiences working with kids?   View Answer
    None.

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Squaw Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Squaw Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vail Resorts.

Applied online, initial telephone conversation, short in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Got a phone call interview after applying online. Questions are quite normal and be sure to know your resume front and back. The hiring process lasts a little bit longer than other companies.

Product Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vail Resorts.

Applied, Had brief interview and got a call few days later with offer

Interview Questions
    • No challenging questions just be prepared for a few customer service questions   Answer Question