Vail Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vail Resorts in October 2011.

I filled out an application online, was called and invited for an interview shortly after. Interview was easy, fun and informal. Was called a few days later with decision.

No negotiation.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Got a phone call interview after applying online. Questions are quite normal and be sure to know your resume front and back. The hiring process lasts a little bit longer than other companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Applied, Had brief interview and got a call few days later with offer

Interview Questions
    • No challenging questions just be prepared for a few customer service questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vail Resorts in September 2011.

Very simple and straightforward. I had one interview with the manager, who asked basic questions. It was a fun conversation and helpful. I was hired soon after, with the news announced by a telephone call.

Standard pay, no negotiation.

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keystone, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vail Resorts in September 2009.

It was a simple process, almost too simple. I applied in the office, they called me a few weeks before ski season and I interviewed. They asked questions about how good I was with kids and leading groups, but nothing about how I could ski. They said they could teach me to ski if I didn't know, but kid-friendly people were harder to come by.

Restaurant Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Getting hired at VR is a long process. The HR department may be overwhelmed with applicants, but it does not become effective or at all personal until you meet with the hiring manager. Once you have met with an actual person, the process is simple, transparent and actually helpful to the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If asked to, would you be willing to wear the (mascot's) uniform and work the crowd?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating with VR at most levels. The company is too big to allow this at anything but the highest levels. Best you can do is negotiate schedule, time off and other small benefits that the location managers have access to.

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keystone, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vail Resorts in June 2011.

Asked a lot of what would you do in the situation, or tell me about a time questions

No negotiations

Rental Technician Interview

The hiring process was easy. Give the manager of an SSV store a call and show them you know how to talk to people. The application must also go through online. You must make it through a basic phone interview or two from the Vail Resort head quarters, but this is easy.

Interview Questions
    • The ask how you have dealt with unhappy customers before.   Answer Question

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northstar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northstar, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vail Resorts in November 2012.

I was supposed to do a group interview, which were conducted every half hour all day with different groups, but I was a bit late and got a private interview. He asked me about past jobs, ski experience, and availability. He really liked my resume and personality and hired me on the spot. He then told me about how I was going to, not possibly, get my instructing certification which gave me a $5 per hour raise and better classes all around. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • He asked my why I thought I'd be a good instructor.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my schedule.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hastings, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vail Resorts in February 2013.

Hired as contractor through third-party agency first.

Interview Questions
    Emailed back and forth to reach agreement.