Vail Resorts

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vail Resorts.

Applied online through VR job website.
    Received a screen interview from corporate recruiter.
    Was given wrong compensation information for position (by $22K!)
    Passed along for phone interview with hiring manager. Standard behavioral questions.
    Was called to do a face to face a day after the interview.
    Came in for a face to face - met with hiring manager and then department.
    The interview was very informal. No one had reviewed my resume before hand so questions were pretty simple - i.e. tell us about your experience, why do you want to work here... nothing that was challenging.
    Was offered the job the following week via phone call.

Interviewer attire was mountain casual - jeans, button downs, snow boots. So keep that in mind when getting dressed - no suits! And if interviewing in the winter, you'll most likely be walking through snow so wear appropriate footwear.

Interview Questions
    They don't negotiate much beyond a thousand or two. They push the benefit of living in a mountain town and the once in a lifetime experience as offsetting a higher pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vail Resorts in September 2012.

just applied on Vail resorts.com, got a call from a girl who recommend what job I should apply for. Got a call from a manager later that week, had 2 face to face interviews and was given a starting date

Interview Questions
    • Just asked me a bunch of personal questions about past jobs and past skills i used, didnt really give me any brain busters   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Vail Resorts in August 2012.

Phone interviews--one with HR, the other with a department manager.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions--"Name me a time (in your past expereince)when you disagreed with your supervisor..what happened and how was it resolved.."..questions similar to that   Answer Question
    No negotiation--flat (low) rate--take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vail Resorts in June 2011.

Asked a lot of what would you do in the situation, or tell me about a time questions

No negotiations

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vail Resorts in November 2010.

Applied online and went through a quick phone interview. Told me they'd call me back the next day but it actually ended up taking about 4 days to get an in person interview. Be persistent or they are likely to forget about you. Once I got to the in person interview they asked really basic questions about my background and why I would be a good fit. Asked for a few examples of my work history and what I would like about working there. Nothing too difficult and no off the wall questions mostly just stuff from a script.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to work nights, weekends, and all major holidays?   Answer Question
    None, they have no room to give you anything but an existing position and pay. They have a preset offer already decided and if you don't take it you don't get the job.

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vail Resorts in September 2009.

It was a simple process, almost too simple. I applied in the office, they called me a few weeks before ski season and I interviewed. They asked questions about how good I was with kids and leading groups, but nothing about how I could ski. They said they could teach me to ski if I didn't know, but kid-friendly people were harder to come by.