Vail Resorts Ski Instructor Interview Questions

2.0

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Ski Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vail Resorts.

I applied with no experience and got declined, then I applied for the college internship program and got accepted to the same position.
Phone interview with HR rep, very nice asking my experience with skiing where, how long, experience with kids, experience with leadership.

Interview Questions
  • Will you be able to work in harsh conditions, changing drastically at a moments notice? Describe your experiences working with kids?   View Answer
None.

Other Interview Reviews for Vail Resorts

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keystone, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vail Resorts in September 2009.

It was a simple process, almost too simple. I applied in the office, they called me a few weeks before ski season and I interviewed. They asked questions about how good I was with kids and leading groups, but nothing about how I could ski. They said they could teach me to ski if I didn't know, but kid-friendly people were harder to come by.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northstar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northstar, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vail Resorts in November 2012.

I was supposed to do a group interview, which were conducted every half hour all day with different groups, but I was a bit late and got a private interview. He asked me about past jobs, ski experience, and availability. He really liked my resume and personality and hired me on the spot. He then told me about how I was going to, not possibly, get my instructing certification which gave me a $5 per hour raise and better classes all around. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • He asked my why I thought I'd be a good instructor.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vail, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vail, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vail Resorts in November 2008.

I was surprised to get an interview from Vail given the recent economic downtown in the fall of 2008. It turns out that they were having trouble getting help from out of the country due to the H-2B visa cap. I did not know this going into the interview process.

I had a very brief phone interview and scheduled a time the next day to come in to Lionshead. I was prepared to tell my life story, but very little information was needed from me. I also anticipated that they would have me strap on skis to make sure that my skills check out. I probably was just eager to get on the slops.

They hired me on the spot. I remembered to smile and enjoy myself, and I had a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you handled a stressful situation positively? Negatively?   Answer Question
    Vail does not negotiate. Getting tips helped me to support myself

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Breckenridge, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breckenridge, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vail Resorts in December 2011.

Apply online hope for a callback do a phone interview take background test get in person interview if hired required to do a basic training/ skiing evaluation. Personality more important than skiing skills. Lots of steps but it is a fairly straightforward. Season determines chance of hiring

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a snowsports instructor   View Answer
    Experience (time, certification) helps with pay but it is all standardized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vail, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vail, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vail Resorts in November 2008.

I had family who taught so it was with the help of their word and a phone interview with a supervisor. Very easy.

Interview Questions
    Corporate, set rate. No leverage without licenses.

Ski Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vail Resorts in October 2011.

I was first contacted by HR for a phone screen where they asked basic questions about education and why I want to work there. Once you pass the phone screen the hiring supervisor contacted be via email to set up a phone interview. She asked similar questions and gave me examples of customer service situations and asked how I would handle them.

Interview Questions

Worked for Vail Resorts? Contribute to the Community!