Vaisala Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vaisala

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vaisala in October 2012.

Interview

email, phone and then in person

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an issue or problem that you had to resolve between team members or departments, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vaisala (Louisville, CO) in March 2009.

Interview

I had a friend working for the company and he turned in my resume to the hiring manager. I also applied on the company website to make it official. About 2.5 weeks later, I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. This was followed by phone interviews with 2 additional people within the group. I had taken an online personality profile for an earlier application with the company, so they already had that on file. 2 weeks after, I had a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, followed a couple weeks later with an official offer. The people were very professional and I was told that they take so long in the interview process to be sure they have the right people and don't believe in layoffs. They often apologized for the slowness of the process. Offer was acceptable, considering the job market at the time, so I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you address communications difficulties between sites that are separated by distance, culture, time zone? The goal of the position is to bridge the gap between the engineering organization and the U.S. customer base and to accelerate engineering's response to U.S. customers needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Having a contact on the inside let me know ahead of time what the range for the position was. I knew if I tried to push the salary more, it would have opened up the selection to other candidates that were being considered. I didn't risk it. Benefits were good, and the company sounded like they were headed for continued success.