Valeant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.9

Federal Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Valeant (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone, Brief, to the point Interviewer spent 20 minutes on the phone asking about my past experiences and how they would apply to the job I was interviewing for. I discussed my past experiences and how I believed that my history of success was the best indicator of future success for the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience   1 Answer

Interview

Had several 1:1 interviews with hiring manager as well as colleagues that would be interacting with in the given role. I kept hearing this place is not for everyone. It is a fast paced and dynamic environment, hard working but rewarding place.

Interview Questions

• What did you fail at at your previous employer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valeant in May 2015.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. The first round of interviews was with two managers. Both were amicable and knowledgeable about the company, however neither were certain about the role, functions, or who was the hiring manager. I made it through a second round where the senior manager seemed preoccupied with his phone and aloof. All parties repeated the same information the company ran lean. HR repeated the same information company ran lean.... Benefits are excellent however for a large corporation I was surprised at how little professional development was offered.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position? How would you manage the role? How much was your last salary?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valeant (Paterson, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

excellent, first phone screening, second phone screening, interview with hiring manager, on site interview with multiple people, fifth interview with Director and HR person. Now, I am waiting for the final answer and if offer will be coming. They are little bit slow in the process to get final offer out, but finally i got it.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valeant (Bridgewater, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Was called in twice and both times the supervisors asked very few questions and didn't seem very interested in my background. They couldn't answer many of my questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• No typical interview questions were asked that I can remember   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valeant (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview with recruiter* (Alamo) over the phone, F2F interview with regional manager, F2F interview with district manager. It was pretty straight forward: tell me about yourself, tell me a time when, how did you handle this situation, how would you handle this situation, why do you want to work for Valeant, etc...

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions- "tell me a time when"   1 Answer

Interview

I had to go through two rounds of phone interviews which then resulted in them inviting me out to Rochester, NY for a final interview. It was split up into two parts, behavioral and past sales experience.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would make you a good salesman?   Answer Question

Senior Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valeant (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was really smooth, it was long and a real challenge. Only to complete the requirements During the Interview Tell the candidate a little about the job: While you don't want to dominate the interview time, you should start with a brief summary of the position, including the prime responsibilities, reporting structure, key challenges, and performance criteria. This will help the candidate provide relevant examples and responses. Don't be afraid to improvise: Plan your questions, but don't feel you must ask only those you've chosen in advance. "Be responsive to what the candidate tells you, and build new questions off their answers," says Shelly Goldman, executive recruiter with The Goldman Group Advantage, an executive recruiting firm in Reston, Virginia. Listen: If you are doing most of the talking during theinterview process, you will not be able to obtain enough information to distinguish between candidates or to determine a candidate's true competencies. A general guideline is to spend 80 percent of your time listening and only 20 percent talking. Take notes: While you won't want to transcribe everything the candidate says, do write down important points, key accomplishments, good examples, and other information that will help you remember and fairly evaluate each candidate. An interview guide, prepared in advance, will make note-taking easier and give you a structure for capturing key information. Invite candidates to ask questions during the interview process: This can be the most valuable part of the interview. Why do they want to be here-- is it the challenge of the job, advances in the industry, or something specific about your company? Or is the candidate fixated on salary, benefits, and time off? If the candidate has no questions this should be a red flag, especially for senior-level employees. Make a note of what the candidate asks, and be sure to follow up if you can't provide the answer immediately. Follow legal interviewing guidelines: It is critically important that every interviewer at your company, from HR clerks to top executives, understand and follow legal hiring guidelines. The easiest way to keep your interviews fully compliant is to ask only questions that relate to the job, eliminating the potential for bias by not introducing questions or scenarios that will elicit irrelevant information.

Interview Questions

• Current and future plans, Technical questions, background.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valeant in May 2012.

Interview

One interview. Very unimpressed by management. Management didn't know the business well enough. I had questions about the stability of the company. Management stayed away from the subject. The building wasn't very appealing as well.

Interview Questions

Company appears very unstable.

Senior Manager Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Valeant in April 2011.

Interview

Interview process went well. they took some time to make final determination and proceed with hiring process.

Interview Questions

• am I ready to handle 3rd party Contract manufacturers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation