Valen Enterprises

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Valen Enterprises in July 2014.

Interview Details – My initial interview and interaction with the two HR ladies was awesome! I thought they were super friendly and i loved the environment in the lobby.

The second round interview is a full day- i actually was able to go with a current Lead Account Executive when they were training someone- i was excited because i got to see how they train as well as what they actually do.
On the second in the morning I went with them to see a couple of appointments in the AM, we had lunch and they covered pay, benefits, company overview and then in the afternoon she introduced herself to business they she had never been into (B2B)

I had a blast and wish that more companies let you see a full day/expectations/training. There was a quick exit interview- i left around 6:30. full and long day, but very effective.

Interview Question – Tell me a leadership moment that you were most proud of   Answer Question

Account Exc Interview

Account Exc
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Valen Enterprises in June 2014.

Interview Details – initial phone interview with HR was very pleasant- i was contacted promptly and were extremely friendly not only on the phone but in the lobby.
The second round was a full day process 9am-6pm and i spent a full day with one of their employees and someone who was in training. In the morning we saw a few appointments that they had set up and then in the afternoon the woman showed me how they make initial contact to a business. I thought it was very well laid out, professional, and allowed me to see exactly what the entry level looked like (because i got to see her training someone!). Very effective.
They said they'd call to offer the following day

Interview Question – Why wasnt your last position the right fit for you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

"Account Executives" Interview

"Account Executives"

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Valen Enterprises.

Interview Details – I applied online at Careerbuilder.com. I was contacted the next day by their Human Resources manager and we had a quick phone interview. Then we set up an in person interview with the partner/branch manager.

She was very nice; she spoke SO FAST!! I was then offered a second interview which was an all day affair.

You arrive at 9:15am, and you go out into the field with one of their lead account executives. We drove to some small, hick town where we walked door to door, business to business, offering T-mobile promotions for small business owners. It was just grand. I was told that we would be back by 6:00pm, but the guy I went out into the field with was trying to make a final sale and we didn't return until 7:00pm.

This is a DOOR TO DOOR sales job. If you're looking for that, go for it. The end goal of coming on staff with the company is to reach partner where you will move to another city, possibly state, to manager one of their offices.

Interview Question – Everything was very, very basic.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – IT IS DOOR TO DOOR SALES FOR T MOBILE. PASS.

MANAGEMENT (ENTRY LEVEL) Interview

MANAGEMENT (ENTRY LEVEL)
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Valen Enterprises in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by human resoures ( i had been applying to so many positons i didnt remember the company at first) so i asked to woman calling for more information about the company, she answered all of my questions and we set up a meeting.

I arrived 20 mins early and was seen on time, i loved the energy when i walked in the door- its a gorgeous space with great music, so far so good.

The inital interview was about 20 mins in legnth and they called later that day to schedule a second.

The second round was fun- a full day so also, hot! (never done that!) but i really enjoyed the fact that it shows you everything that will be expected of you when you start (as the hiring manager stated it, 1. can you learn it 2. can you teach what you know to others 3. can you manage a office doing it) I was VERY nervous at first to engage and speak to the owners that Charlie (the woman conducting my interview) was following up with but as the day went on she made of so comfortable it was a fast day

Interview Question – Who inspires you the most and why?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Valen Enterprises in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my college career center, I am graduating in May from UT, one of my career councilors actually found the company with me, and was called for a phone interview a couple of days after. The initial interview was fast, get to know you interview that was about 25 min start to end. I was prepared but a lot of the questions were behavioral and situational based, they were straightforward, funny and professional. My second was scheduled a couple of weeks out (probably due to grad date in May). I was offered the position in the final interview after the 3rd and Im excited, they even let me come to their team nights and voulenteer events they have scheduled..

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you stepped into a leadership role and was the outcome you looked for achieved?Give me an example of a weakness you improved upon, what steps did you take to improve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they were very straightforward and upfront, entry level with advancement opp

Marketing/Sales Interview

Marketing/Sales
Austin, TX

Interview Details – Interview process was very well handled. Initial phone, 1st round, the second round was interesting- a full day! Gives a great perspective of whats expected- i dont know how much more they could dumb it down as far as : this is what will be expected in the beginning.

Yes, its business to business, yes i had to talk to a lot of people of the second- but i loved that it pushed my comfort zone. All info, including pay was pretty straightforward and upfront, there is a salary+ commission or straight commission option, it is a performance based biz- so there is a quota (5 sales in a week, sounds attainable i saw 2 on my interview).

3rd was a brief wrap up with the lady who conducted the 1st round

Interview Question – what path brought you to our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – its a performance based position so if you take the base plus commission or just the commission, the uncapped commissions determine your ultimate outcome and also the rate at which someone advances, fair opportunity.

Management Development Process Interview

Management Development Process
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Valen Enterprises in February 2014.

Interview Details – There is a 3 round interview process at Valen. It starts with a screening phone call by a lady in the HR department, she was very pleasant, reviewed and asked me questions about me resume and invited me for the next day for a 1st round. I waited for about 15 mins for the 1st to begin, the woman conducting the interview and I had a lot in common and it seemed very laid back, i appreciated the fact that we laughed in a regularly awkward process.

The second round was a full day (9-6) where i was able to spend a day with someone who worked there- SUCH A GOOD IDEA- i seriously don't know how anyone can be confused on what to expect after spending a full day, i loved that they gave me the opportunity. We went to the persons territory and i saw how the conducted themselves in the entry level. I had a blast; at lunch they wrote about more details about the position, pay benefits etc.

The third was very brief with the original person who interviewed me, providing a summarization.

I thought the process was efficient, i liked the system they had in place and everyone was very fun and welcoming to me that i met.

Interview Question – Name 3 scenarios where you were placed outside of your comfort zone and how to reacted/adapted   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Management Training Program Interview

Management Training Program
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Valen Enterprises in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was initially contacted by HR, was asked a few simple questions, then was taken in for an interview. The interview was set for the next day. It was only about 20 minutes so the manager can get to know you a bit and was asked to come in for a second interview only 4 days later.

The second interview wasn't exactly an interview. It was all day shadowing, and here is how the day went:
The first hour was absolutely nothing but waiting. They asked me and a few other people to be on time, yet we didn't get started for another hour.
The next 8 hours were shadowing. You shadow an employee for the next 8 hours with a small break for lunch in between. What did the shadowing consist of? Well, we went door-to-door to different businesses to try and sell cell phone plans for employees. All day. Door-to-door. They also promised that it wouldn't be that way in the job posting. I was slightly annoyed, but carried on anyway.
After a full day of shadowing and no sales what so ever, we got informed on the pay. You can either get 100% compensation, which doesn't pay the bills, or a low salary and worse compensation, which may pay the bills. However, there is a quota you have to meet in order to get paid at all. If you have a bad day or are running out of places to sell to, you're out of luck. You get no money.

Sadly, it's just another door-to-door scam. See reviews for Austin Communications Group and 512 solutions. They're all the same. Don't fall for the positive company reviews, because most people who interview with Valen can see right through the scam and call it quits during the interview process.

Interview Question – What was the biggest risk you had taken?   Answer Question

Account Exc Interview

Account Exc
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Valen Enterprises in September 2013.

Interview Details – Valen has a 3 round interview process, initial contact was made by a lady in the human resources department and she booked me for the following day to interview with the Managing Partner. I had to wait 15 mins over my scheduled time because they were running behind- not a big deal, they offered great dubstep, mints and water- i was a happy guy.

The first round was about 20 minutes, typical question, what are you looking for, motivations, etc. i was called the same day to book my second round- here's where it got interesting!
The second round interview was a full day- i arrived at 9 am and was paired with a guy who took me out to his territory for a day of observation- I was a little intimidated at first but he made me feel very comfortable and we were both prior collegiate athletes so i relaxed after the first couple of appointments. At lunch he broke down the whole opportunity- i was thinking what's the catch? He told me most call the catch "hard work". They day was a blast, they have a very casual approach- and i saw two sales in the afternoon.

The third round was very short wrap up with the managing partner when we returned to the office at 6. They do not make offers the same day.

Interview Question – the full round second interview with the largest unexpected occurrence- and it totally see why its beneficial, i got to see exactly what would be expected of me in the beginning.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My advice to anyone who is on the fence after a second round would be to weigh their options as far as long term growth is concerned. If i work hard for company XYZ i can be this far in 3 years- if i work hard at Valen i can be this far in 3 years. The managing partner there had, what i consider to be, an awesome timeline for success.

Management Development Interview

Management Development
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Valen Enterprises in November 2013.

Interview Details – I arrived 10 mins early for my interview, and was greeted, asked to fill out a document, attach my resume (the usual). The appearance of the office is nice, trendy, really awesome music playing (not what i expected). The woman who was supposed to interview me was running late and i wasn't seen until about 15 minutes after my interview. The questions were of average, some caught me off guard about what lesson i learned from the largest risk that i had taken, etc.

Interview Question – What was the largest risk that you've taken, either personally or professionally? what was the lesson you learned from taking that risk   Answer Question

Worked for Valen Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!