Valen Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Lead Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I got to go out with one of the employees and see what a day to day would be. It was great since I wanted to know what I would be doing and had a million questions. It was a great way to know if it was a good fit for me. I think that all companies should be this open with their candidates.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I did any research on the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a very easy yes for me when offered. After the second round interview you know if its for you.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The company has a great atmosphere and the staff is very nice and welcoming. They are very transparent with their job description although their compensation plan may seem challenging to inexperience sales people. I found my 2nd round of interviews a bit unconventional and unorthodox. My mentor's driving was very aggressive and parked in a handicapped spot at a Starbucks which I found very distasteful. I ended my interview abruptly since it takes the entire day. I did not want to waste their time as well as mine. The right people will find this opportunity quite lucrative and fun.

Interview Questions

Valen Enterprises Response

Mar 16, 2015 – Managing Partner

Thank you for your kind words about our team and the transparency that we strive to have from the beginning. We find that our training structure and outlined systems make it extremely easy for one to ... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Valen Enterprises in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR the day after, which an interview was immediately scheduled for the following day. I walked in to find several other candidates (at least 7-8 people) waiting for interviews in a waiting room that just so happened to be playing music...very loudly. And by "very loudly" I really meant that dubstep was blaring. I have to mention the music because, naturally, it was the first thing I noticed. Not only was the exaggerated music volume distracting but I also couldn't hear conversations around me and it was very unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest personal or professional risk you have taken?   Answer Question

Mar 16, 2015 – Managing Partner

Although we do our best daily to be prepared for all situations, we must have either fallen behind schedule, or perhaps this was the day our seconds HR member was out for the day, or possibly ... More

Account Executive - Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises in September 2014.

Interview

First off, ive been contacted by several "sales and marketing " firms in Austin lately, all vague and websites not very specific, so naturally i had a ton of questions when the HR lady first contacted me. She answered all of my questions and asked specific questions about me and what i was looking for- an already better start off than i had received from others. The initial phone interview and 1st round are pretty basic as far as interviewing in concerned. From the moment i walked in the door, i knew something was different about the company, fun music and the energy from the HR team was a great first impression. Thank God. The second round interview was an experience in its own. I was skeptical from reviews but i decided to show up anyway. I was introduced to the personal who would be showing me the ropes for the day, from the get-go they were professional, polite, and fun. They asked great questions on the car ride to their appointments and i liked that i felt challenged. We saw about 5 businesses that already knew the person who was interviewing me, and one turned into a sale, took about a hour of the morning. At lunch they covered compensation, 30K base+ $25 per phone line or $100 per phone line with a quota of 5 sales in 5 days. The person conducting my interview said the quota was a minimum and didn't seem too worried about it (later that day i saw another sale, two in a day, looked easy so i wasn't too worried either). He also said there was training bonus' and gas bonus, medical, dental and 401K and PTO in management. We finished the last sale at about 5pm, it was all businesses, we never went to a home or stood in a retail store. I had fun. I arrived back to the office at 5:50 and i was out of there by 6:10, it was definitely a full day and I was tired- but i feel that more companies should engage in such practices so that both parties have a clear expectation of what was to occur while in training.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a solid addition to our leadership team   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its pretty straight forward when it comes to pay. I did have some dates pre-arranged for a wedding that I needed to take off (because of training they do not allow time off in 1st 3 weeks, I wanted to do well and i wanted the training, so it makes sense.) because i let them know ahead of time, it was not an issue.

Mar 16, 2015 – Managing Partner

This is quite a detailed review! We appreciate the fact that you had such a student mentality to notate the details. We are excited to have that sort of organization on the team!

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

3 round interview, short initial phone interview where they were already pretty familiar with the details of my resume- it was concise and to the point, which i liked. the second round is a full day shadow of a account exc to know the expecations of the entry level, i had a blast and i had a lot on common with the girl who took me. I think its great. brief 3rd round interview after the full day, the seemed efficient through the whole process and professional but fun, i liked it.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with anyone living or past who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much nego, if you want more pay you earn the promotions (no seniority)

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

They called in for face-face interview. During the interview they asked basic question about the previous work experience. Victoria was the person who interviewed me. She asked me my interest in the area of sales and marketing. Since i was not interested in sales position and was looking for position in Human Resources, i told her so. She was very pleasant and talked about what they were doing.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start your own business, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

My initial interview and interaction with the two HR ladies was awesome! I thought they were super friendly and i loved the environment in the lobby. The second round interview is a full day- i actually was able to go with a current Lead Account Executive when they were training someone- i was excited because i got to see how they train as well as what they actually do. On the second in the morning I went with them to see a couple of appointments in the AM, we had lunch and they covered pay, benefits, company overview and then in the afternoon she introduced herself to business they she had never been into (B2B) I had a blast and wish that more companies let you see a full day/expectations/training. There was a quick exit interview- i left around 6:30. full and long day, but very effective.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a leadership moment that you were most proud of   Answer Question

Mar 16, 2015 – Managing Partner

Best of luck to you on your future endeavors!

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises.

Interview

I applied online at Careerbuilder.com. I was contacted the next day by their Human Resources manager and we had a quick phone interview. Then we set up an in person interview with the partner/branch manager. She was very nice; she spoke SO FAST!! I was then offered a second interview which was an all day affair. You arrive at 9:15am, and you go out into the field with one of their lead account executives. We drove to some small, hick town where we walked door to door, business to business, offering T-mobile promotions for small business owners. It was just grand. I was told that we would be back by 6:00pm, but the guy I went out into the field with was trying to make a final sale and we didn't return until 7:00pm. This is a DOOR TO DOOR sales job. If you're looking for that, go for it. The end goal of coming on staff with the company is to reach partner where you will move to another city, possibly state, to manager one of their offices.

Interview Questions

IT IS DOOR TO DOOR SALES FOR T MOBILE. PASS.

Oct 16, 2014 – Managing Partner

We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience! We know that a full day of shadowing is a large commitment to make with ones time, and we appreciate you spending it with us and apologize for ... More

Account Exc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

initial phone interview with HR was very pleasant- i was contacted promptly and were extremely friendly not only on the phone but in the lobby. The second round was a full day process 9am-6pm and i spent a full day with one of their employees and someone who was in training. In the morning we saw a few appointments that they had set up and then in the afternoon the woman showed me how they make initial contact to a business. I thought it was very well laid out, professional, and allowed me to see exactly what the entry level looked like (because i got to see her training someone!). Very effective. They said they'd call to offer the following day

MANAGEMENT (ENTRY LEVEL) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by human resoures ( i had been applying to so many positons i didnt remember the company at first) so i asked to woman calling for more information about the company, she answered all of my questions and we set up a meeting. I arrived 20 mins early and was seen on time, i loved the energy when i walked in the door- its a gorgeous space with great music, so far so good. The inital interview was about 20 mins in legnth and they called later that day to schedule a second. The second round was fun- a full day so also, hot! (never done that!) but i really enjoyed the fact that it shows you everything that will be expected of you when you start (as the hiring manager stated it, 1. can you learn it 2. can you teach what you know to others 3. can you manage a office doing it) I was VERY nervous at first to engage and speak to the owners that Charlie (the woman conducting my interview) was following up with but as the day went on she made of so comfortable it was a fast day