Valen Enterprises

Valen Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises.

The interaction was pleasant and friendly on the phone, asking specific question about my previous experience and where I was from. I was booked for the first round 3 days after i submitted my resume, which was nice around the Holidays since i was getting a lot of feedback about how companies were not hiring until after the holidays had past.

The level of energy in the office was great, awesome music and both of the HR girls were very friendly and seemed passionate about what they were doing- also a nice change of pace. I like to evaluate what they're level of excitement is for what they do VS just asking the generic "do you like working here" as one of my questions.

However, I did ask, "what's your favorite part of being on this team" and the response was awesome. She was passionate about the culture, the team, being apart of seeing others grow and develop, I was glad i was asked for the second.

The second was a full day shadow- my favorite type of interview, one that I had only seen done in pharmaceutical or health industries before. It allowed me to shadow one of the team members to see the basics of how the company operates and conducts its business. Although lengthy, I thought it was professional and fun.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you took responsibility for a task that didn't have the outcome that you were looking to achieve and what was your game plan to adjust your result?   Answer Question
    The pay is pretty black and white from the first interview, no negotiation had to take place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises in December 2014.

The company has a great atmosphere and the staff is very nice and welcoming. They are very transparent with their job description although their compensation plan may seem challenging to inexperience sales people. I found my 2nd round of interviews a bit unconventional and unorthodox. My mentor's driving was very aggressive and parked in a handicapped spot at a Starbucks which I found very distasteful. I ended my interview abruptly since it takes the entire day. I did not want to waste their time as well as mine. The right people will find this opportunity quite lucrative and fun.

Account Manager Interview

interviewed at Valen Enterprises in October 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call from HR the day after, which an interview was immediately scheduled for the following day. I walked in to find several other candidates (at least 7-8 people) waiting for interviews in a waiting room that just so happened to be playing music...very loudly. And by "very loudly" I really meant that dubstep was blaring. I have to mention the music because, naturally, it was the first thing I noticed. Not only was the exaggerated music volume distracting but I also couldn't hear conversations around me and it was very unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest personal or professional risk you have taken?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises in September 2014.

3 round interview, short initial phone interview where they were already pretty familiar with the details of my resume- it was concise and to the point, which i liked.
    the second round is a full day shadow of a account exc to know the expecations of the entry level, i had a blast and i had a lot on common with the girl who took me. I think its great.
    brief 3rd round interview after the full day, the seemed efficient through the whole process and professional but fun, i liked it.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have dinner with anyone living or past who would it be and why?   Answer Question
    Not much nego, if you want more pay you earn the promotions (no seniority)

Account Executive - Manager Interview

First off, ive been contacted by several "sales and marketing " firms in Austin lately, all vague and websites not very specific, so naturally i had a ton of questions when the HR lady first contacted me. She answered all of my questions and asked specific questions about me and what i was looking for- an already better start off than i had received from others.
    The initial phone interview and 1st round are pretty basic as far as interviewing in concerned. From the moment i walked in the door, i knew something was different about the company, fun music and the energy from the HR team was a great first impression. Thank God.

The second round interview was an experience in its own. I was skeptical from reviews but i decided to show up anyway. I was introduced to the personal who would be showing me the ropes for the day, from the get-go they were professional, polite, and fun. They asked great questions on the car ride to their appointments and i liked that i felt challenged. We saw about 5 businesses that already knew the person who was interviewing me, and one turned into a sale, took about a hour of the morning. At lunch they covered compensation, 30K base+ $25 per phone line or $100 per phone line with a quota of 5 sales in 5 days. The person conducting my interview said the quota was a minimum and didn't seem too worried about it (later that day i saw another sale, two in a day, looked easy so i wasn't too worried either). He also said there was training bonus' and gas bonus, medical, dental and 401K and PTO in management.
    We finished the last sale at about 5pm, it was all businesses, we never went to a home or stood in a retail store. I had fun. I arrived back to the office at 5:50 and i was out of there by 6:10, it was definitely a full day and I was tired- but i feel that more companies should engage in such practices so that both parties have a clear expectation of what was to occur while in training.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a solid addition to our leadership team   Answer Question
    Its pretty straight forward when it comes to pay. I did have some dates pre-arranged for a wedding that I needed to take off (because of training they do not allow time off in 1st 3 weeks, I wanted to do well and i wanted the training, so it makes sense.) because i let them know ahead of time, it was not an issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises in July 2014.

My initial interview and interaction with the two HR ladies was awesome! I thought they were super friendly and i loved the environment in the lobby.

The second round interview is a full day- i actually was able to go with a current Lead Account Executive when they were training someone- i was excited because i got to see how they train as well as what they actually do.
    On the second in the morning I went with them to see a couple of appointments in the AM, we had lunch and they covered pay, benefits, company overview and then in the afternoon she introduced herself to business they she had never been into (B2B)

I had a blast and wish that more companies let you see a full day/expectations/training. There was a quick exit interview- i left around 6:30. full and long day, but very effective.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a leadership moment that you were most proud of   Answer Question

Act Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valen Enterprises in July 2014.

I got completely lost trying to find the building. ITS DIRECTLY OFF OF 183 if you exit Oak Knoll coming from the north to south, be prepared to pull DIRECTLY into the parking lot. I seriously circled the block like 3times, but the HR team was very friendly and understanding, however since i was late i ended up having to wait 20 mins or so for another interview to finish. They asked me some challenging questions:
    Describe a decision you made that was a failure. What happened and why?
    Tell me about a time when you were faced with conflicting priorities. How did you determine the top priority?
    What in your opinion is work life balance?
    what do you love?
    Who has influenced your leadership style the most and why?

"Account Executives" Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises.

I applied online at Careerbuilder.com. I was contacted the next day by their Human Resources manager and we had a quick phone interview. Then we set up an in person interview with the partner/branch manager.

She was very nice; she spoke SO FAST!! I was then offered a second interview which was an all day affair.

You arrive at 9:15am, and you go out into the field with one of their lead account executives. We drove to some small, hick town where we walked door to door, business to business, offering T-mobile promotions for small business owners. It was just grand. I was told that we would be back by 6:00pm, but the guy I went out into the field with was trying to make a final sale and we didn't return until 7:00pm.

This is a DOOR TO DOOR sales job. If you're looking for that, go for it. The end goal of coming on staff with the company is to reach partner where you will move to another city, possibly state, to manager one of their offices.

Interview Questions

IT IS DOOR TO DOOR SALES FOR T MOBILE. PASS.

Valen Enterprises Response

Oct 16, 2014Managing Partner

We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience! We know that a full day of shadowing is a large commitment to make with ones time, and we appreciate you spending it with us and apologize for ... More

Account Exc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises in June 2014.

initial phone interview with HR was very pleasant- i was contacted promptly and were extremely friendly not only on the phone but in the lobby.
    The second round was a full day process 9am-6pm and i spent a full day with one of their employees and someone who was in training. In the morning we saw a few appointments that they had set up and then in the afternoon the woman showed me how they make initial contact to a business. I thought it was very well laid out, professional, and allowed me to see exactly what the entry level looked like (because i got to see her training someone!). Very effective.
    They said they'd call to offer the following day

Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valen Enterprises in April 2014.

Interview process was very well handled. Initial phone, 1st round, the second round was interesting- a full day! Gives a great perspective of whats expected- i dont know how much more they could dumb it down as far as : this is what will be expected in the beginning.

Yes, its business to business, yes i had to talk to a lot of people of the second- but i loved that it pushed my comfort zone. All info, including pay was pretty straightforward and upfront, there is a salary+ commission or straight commission option, it is a performance based biz- so there is a quota (5 sales in a week, sounds attainable i saw 2 on my interview).

3rd was a brief wrap up with the lady who conducted the 1st round

Interview Questions
    its a performance based position so if you take the base plus commission or just the commission, the uncapped commissions determine your ultimate outcome and also the rate at which someone advances, fair opportunity.