Valencia College Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.6

International Student Specialist (PT) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

I got call 3 weeks after my application online. I was asked pretty general questions about my background and job requirements. I don't think the interview was particularly hard, but they required 2 references, which I didn't have.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. How would you perform in this role?   Answer Question

IT Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by 6 people at one table. They gave me a list of questions, and each person asked one or two. They went around the table asking questions. They did give me the questions about ten minutes prior, so they were not a surprise. Be sure you mention what you learned from your mistake.

Associate Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Concise, direct and very comprehensive interview with department Deans. Review of my relevant experience and interest in teaching. Very professional, friendly, and easy interview. Jobs reflecting my passion were offered and accepted.

Negotiation

No negotiation; fixed fees for service already established.

Learning Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

Knowledge of tutoring subject. Gave a demonstration of tutor capabilities. I wasn't nervous because I was comfortable tutoring the subject to the panel. Visual, Kenesthetic, and Auditory learners are out there, so I had to emphasize on teaching them all to create independent learners.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate the offer.

Mathematics Tutor Interview

Interview

Very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Sat in lobby an then called to a office to take a test. Once I completed the questions, I was ask numerous scenarios and what I would do under each situation.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a sink hole in the middle of the parking lot , what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Valencia College (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

I applied during an adjunct fair job post. I received an email letting me know details of the fair where we got split up in groups by department. I interviewed with one of the department coordinators, and had to follow up in order to receive my next interview.

Building V, Second Floor Interview

Interview

Students are important, Students come first. Mean your business. Get to know people. Diversify your portfolio. Prepare and do not be nervous. Minorities do not put your hopes up. You might get a chance if you apply for the one position that they will release to a minority to cover the bias that is present that Valencia

Audio Visual Interview

Interview

Apply online. call you right after. very easy interview. know what AV is.

Negotiation

no negotitation

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

I was contacted by the discipline chair in the department, not someone in HR. I had a short phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face to face. That meeting was an interview, but also a bit of an orientation to the job and the office. I was hired that afternoon. The tone of the interview was casual but professional, and they were more interested in my interest in the job than my experience. I left feeling happy to be a part of the team, and relaxed about my boss.

Interview Questions

• There was no syllabus for the section that I was going to teach - and I was asked how I'd go about getting that together. Having never taught before, that was a bit of a challenging question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't one. Adjunct salaries are set, based on your highest level of education.