Valencia College Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

I got call 3 weeks after my application online. I was asked pretty general questions about my background and job requirements. I don't think the interview was particularly hard, but they required 2 references, which I didn't have.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. How would you perform in this role?   Answer Question

IT Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by 6 people at one table. They gave me a list of questions, and each person asked one or two. They went around the table asking questions. They did give me the questions about ten minutes prior, so they were not a surprise. Be sure you mention what you learned from your mistake.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Concise, direct and very comprehensive interview with department Deans. Review of my relevant experience and interest in teaching. Very professional, friendly, and easy interview. Jobs reflecting my passion were offered and accepted.

Negotiation

No negotiation; fixed fees for service already established.

Learning Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

Knowledge of tutoring subject. Gave a demonstration of tutor capabilities. I wasn't nervous because I was comfortable tutoring the subject to the panel. Visual, Kenesthetic, and Auditory learners are out there, so I had to emphasize on teaching them all to create independent learners.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate the offer.

Mathematics Tutor Interview

Interview

Very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Sat in lobby an then called to a office to take a test. Once I completed the questions, I was ask numerous scenarios and what I would do under each situation.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a sink hole in the middle of the parking lot , what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Valencia College (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

I applied during an adjunct fair job post. I received an email letting me know details of the fair where we got split up in groups by department. I interviewed with one of the department coordinators, and had to follow up in order to receive my next interview.

Building V, Second Floor Interview

Interview

Students are important, Students come first. Mean your business. Get to know people. Diversify your portfolio. Prepare and do not be nervous. Minorities do not put your hopes up. You might get a chance if you apply for the one position that they will release to a minority to cover the bias that is present that Valencia

Audio Visual Interview

Interview

Apply online. call you right after. very easy interview. know what AV is.

Negotiation

no negotitation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

The interview process always consists of a panel of at least 5 people, usually more. One person on the committee usually represents HR, while the rest are typically comprised of individuals from the area in which you are applying. The panel typically gives candidate an opportunity to tell about themselves and then will begin asking questions. Usually each panel member will ask 2-3 questions. The questions will vary from the standard interview questions to those more specific to the job or division to which you are applying. Finally, you will have the opportunity to ask questions. There may be a typing test or writing sample required. If the committee forwards your name, you will typically be asked to come in again to interview with the head of the department to which you applied. If selected for the position HR will make the offer, not the people with which you interviewed.

Interview Questions

• There will be some question about diversity that sometimes takes people by surprise, such as What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really is no negotiation for salary in these type of positions. It's take it or leave it. The HR department makes all job offers, not the people that you interview with. It typically does not take that long to get an offer if you are selected. All offers are contingent on background and drug test.