Valencia College

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.5

International Student Specialist (PT) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valencia College.

I got call 3 weeks after my application online. I was asked pretty general questions about my background and job requirements. I don't think the interview was particularly hard, but they required 2 references, which I didn't have.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself. How would you perform in this role?   Answer Question

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valencia College.

Concise, direct and very comprehensive interview with department Deans. Review of my relevant experience and interest in teaching. Very professional, friendly, and easy interview. Jobs reflecting my passion were offered and accepted.

No negotiation; fixed fees for service already established.

Learning Assistant I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valencia College.

Knowledge of tutoring subject. Gave a demonstration of tutor capabilities. I wasn't nervous because I was comfortable tutoring the subject to the panel. Visual, Kenesthetic, and Auditory learners are out there, so I had to emphasize on teaching them all to create independent learners.

Didn't negotiate the offer.

Mathematics Tutor Interview

Very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Valencia College.

I applied during an adjunct fair job post. I received an email letting me know details of the fair where we got split up in groups by department. I interviewed with one of the department coordinators, and had to follow up in order to receive my next interview.

Building V, Second Floor Interview

Students are important, Students come first. Mean your business. Get to know people. Diversify your portfolio. Prepare and do not be nervous. Minorities do not put your hopes up. You might get a chance if you apply for the one position that they will release to a minority to cover the bias that is present that Valencia

Audio Visual Interview

Apply online. call you right after. very easy interview. know what AV is.

no negotitation

Adjunct Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Valencia College.

I was contacted by the discipline chair in the department, not someone in HR. I had a short phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face to face. That meeting was an interview, but also a bit of an orientation to the job and the office. I was hired that afternoon. The tone of the interview was casual but professional, and they were more interested in my interest in the job than my experience. I left feeling happy to be a part of the team, and relaxed about my boss.

Interview Questions
    • There was no syllabus for the section that I was going to teach - and I was asked how I'd go about getting that together. Having never taught before, that was a bit of a challenging question.   Answer Question
    There isn't one. Adjunct salaries are set, based on your highest level of education.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Valencia College.

The interview process always consists of a panel of at least 5 people, usually more. One person on the committee usually represents HR, while the rest are typically comprised of individuals from the area in which you are applying. The panel typically gives candidate an opportunity to tell about themselves and then will begin asking questions. Usually each panel member will ask 2-3 questions. The questions will vary from the standard interview questions to those more specific to the job or division to which you are applying. Finally, you will have the opportunity to ask questions. There may be a typing test or writing sample required. If the committee forwards your name, you will typically be asked to come in again to interview with the head of the department to which you applied. If selected for the position HR will make the offer, not the people with which you interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • There will be some question about diversity that sometimes takes people by surprise, such as What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question
    There really is no negotiation for salary in these type of positions. It's take it or leave it. The HR department makes all job offers, not the people that you interview with. It typically does not take that long to get an offer if you are selected. All offers are contingent on background and drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Valencia College in May 2013.

My qualifications as an M.D. was drawn to the attention of the Dean, who was actively looking for someone to teach that particular class.
    Once I presented my qualifications, I was offered the position. I had taken my resume and a cover letter just in case, and they were added to my application. There was an online application aspect as well, which I was allowed to fill out whilst I was there on their computer.

Interview Questions
    There is a set salary for adjuncts at each level, based on whether you have a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate.
    HR dept took finger prints, ID card, SS card, voided cheque, and there were several forms to sign.
    No drug test required as the position is not fulltime.