Valencia College Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Functional IS Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviews were a multi step process: 1: Received a phone screening by one of the HR personnel and asked to complete a "writing sample" which was more of a logic puzzle. 2: Was asked to conduct a skype interview with 5 persons including a number of team members in the department. This was very professional and the questions were fairly standard mix of technical and business related questions. 3: Was brought in for a face to face interview with the manager of the IT team and the director of the department the IT team supported. Again a very professional interview and the questions seemed more to gauge the fit of the person within the organization rather than technical. The total process took only a couple weeks from initial contact to decision.

Interview Questions

• Solve the problem: A park ranger is on an island that will be submerged by flood waters due to the approaching storm. On the island with the ranger are three items: a bushel of lettuce, a goat, and a wolf. The ranger has one boat large enough to hold the ranger and one of the three items to make the trip from the island to the mainland. The problem is, if left alone on either the island or the mainland, the goat would eat the lettuce, and the wolf would eat the goat. How can the ranger get all three items off of the island and onto the mainland intact, or is this task impossible and if so what item(s) should be saved? Explain in detail how you came to your decision.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

I got call 3 weeks after my application online. I was asked pretty general questions about my background and job requirements. I don't think the interview was particularly hard, but they required 2 references, which I didn't have.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. How would you perform in this role?   Answer Question

IT Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by 6 people at one table. They gave me a list of questions, and each person asked one or two. They went around the table asking questions. They did give me the questions about ten minutes prior, so they were not a surprise. Be sure you mention what you learned from your mistake.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Concise, direct and very comprehensive interview with department Deans. Review of my relevant experience and interest in teaching. Very professional, friendly, and easy interview. Jobs reflecting my passion were offered and accepted.

Negotiation

No negotiation; fixed fees for service already established.

Learning Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

Knowledge of tutoring subject. Gave a demonstration of tutor capabilities. I wasn't nervous because I was comfortable tutoring the subject to the panel. Visual, Kenesthetic, and Auditory learners are out there, so I had to emphasize on teaching them all to create independent learners.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate the offer.

Mathematics Tutor Interview

Interview

Very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Sat in lobby an then called to a office to take a test. Once I completed the questions, I was ask numerous scenarios and what I would do under each situation.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a sink hole in the middle of the parking lot , what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Valencia College (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

I applied during an adjunct fair job post. I received an email letting me know details of the fair where we got split up in groups by department. I interviewed with one of the department coordinators, and had to follow up in order to receive my next interview.

Building V, Second Floor Interview

Interview

Students are important, Students come first. Mean your business. Get to know people. Diversify your portfolio. Prepare and do not be nervous. Minorities do not put your hopes up. You might get a chance if you apply for the one position that they will release to a minority to cover the bias that is present that Valencia

Audio Visual Interview

Interview

Apply online. call you right after. very easy interview. know what AV is.

Negotiation

no negotitation