Valeo

Valeo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Valeo.

Very Good Hiring Process,
    HR communicates for initial screening, schedules Phone interview & followed by plant visit.
    Its a great place to work for being clean & well organized. I was given Panel interviews with techanical staff.

Interview Questions
    • what are the 2 things about your self , not benificial for manufacturing   Answer Question
    3 weeks

Press Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seymour, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seymour, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valeo in March 2014.

I think it is not to hard

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valeo in June 2011.

Recruiter contacted me. Had 2.5 hour interview with Contoller and HR. Everything went well. Site Controller was very interested. Recruiter was told that they had 1 more candidate to interview, Following Recruiter was told that VP of Finance would have to make final decision and would mostly likely want to meet me. This week Recruiter and myself were notified that they had hired someone on Monday. Both recruiter and myself were caught by surprise. Truthfully, this is the best thing that cold have happened. Its funny how Employer wants employees to be honest and give 100% but they themselves can't tell treat people with respect and honesty. Its best to find out their true colors now ... then later.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valeo in April 2010.

I was contacted by a staffing agency I have never heard of before, asking me to go in for an interview with Valeo. The time and date was arranged by the staffing agency. Their Newport News office seemed very sparse and understaffed. Not much activity was going on, and it looked like they had just recently rented / moved into the facility. The interview process was rather informal, and all of the basic questions were asked multiple times by various members of the staff. The highest ranking manager that interviewed me was a gentleman from France, and he asked the toughest questions. His accent was fairly strong, which added to the difficultly of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • You currently have a successful job at your current company. Why would you leave it for ours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Valeo.

Hiring process took 4 days, I applied online they called on same day, arranged for a technical exam next week.
    Hiring Process:
    - Technical Exam - 70 MCQ - 2 hrs
    - English Exam - 1 hr 15 mins.
    - HR Interview - 20 mins
    - Technical Interview ~ 1 hr

Technical Exam is hard, English exam is moderate for a good English speaker, the hardest of all is the technical interview, it's very subjective, if you're lucky enough, you'll fall into the hands of a good person who's understand and helpful enough to see you accepted and fitting. Interviewers are demanding and expecting a lot though, even for a junior position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario where several SPI slaves are connected to a single master and the slaves are the ones who're supposed to initiate whole communication. How can this be done and design the connection of the whole system.   Answer Question
    • Write a code in C (on paper! in 2 mins!) to receive an array of different integer values, and produce another array(list) of only the duplicated values in the original array, if a duplicate value is found more than once, the list shall only show one value, order is not important.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Valeo in October 2014.

I got a call from an HR person three months after I applied through their website telling me that I have an interview with them. They told me the process consists of the following steps:

MCQ Exam (C, Advanced C, Software Development Process, Embedded Systems)

If you pass the exam, you have the following

1- English Exam
    2- HR Interview
    3- Technical Interview
    4- Interview with Valeo Egypt GM

It can take all day long waiting for your turn to interview. And these interviews can take from 1 to 3 days depending on how many people they are interviewing!!

Interview Questions
    • what is the size of integer ?
      and what does it depend on ?

Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Valeo in October 2014.

I got 2 tests and 2 interviews . They called me first by phone and then i had these
    1- First was technical exam (MCQ) 70 questions
    2-English exam (not easy )
    3-Technical interveiw
    4-HR interview (so bad )

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valeo.

MCQ Exam (C, Advanced C, Software Development Process, Embedded Systems)

If you pass the exam, you have the following

1- English Exam
    2- HR Interview
    3- Technical Interview
    4- Interview with Valeo Egypt GM

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to sort an array of numbers.   Answer Question
    • What does your father do for a living?   View Answer
    • How many siblings do you have? How old are they? What did they study at college? And where do they work?   Answer Question
    The offer was generous compared to my salary at the previous company. I didn't have to negotiate.

Junior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valeo in September 2014.

I passed the technical and English exam and then I proceeded to the technical interview.
    The interviewer was kind and helpful and he focused too much on writing programs and to seeing how you think .
    He didn't care too much about asking question to see your knowledge.

The questions were :(NOTE YOU Will write programs on a PAPER not a computer)
    1-Given Matrix A(m*n) and Matrix B(n*p) , write a program in c to multiply these two matrices
    2-Write a program which calculates the factorial of a number using recursion function .
    3- you are given a hex file and he explained how the file is organized from inside , where at the left side there are addresses and in the middle there's the value of data(8 bytes) and at the right there's a checksum (search for the organization on hex file on the internet)
    and then he told me to write a program which searched for a special address and changes the value of ONE byte of data .
    Other guys : the interviewer asked them to write a c program to draw a big X or a big V

My advice : you must study algorithms very well and train yourself to write hard programs on a PAPER!

Interview Questions
    • Write a program which calculates the factorial of a number using recursion function .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valeo.

My university applied for me. There are two technical interviews one is on computer and has 70 questions, the other is oral and they usually ask about any embedded project you had in details. Then there is a simple english exam and finally an HR interview. The written technical interview requires memorising more than knowledge. You should consult someone who took it to understand what the topics are. The place is big and the atmosphere is nice although the lady in the technical interview room had a mean look.

Interview Questions
    • know a lot of details info about CAN, LIN, UART and such things   Answer Question