Valeo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.1

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Valeo.

Before the interview with hiring manager, there was a short interview with the recruiter, talking about my background and visa status. Just briefly go through my resume, answered some behavioral questions, and talked about the position. Not so difficult. The hiring manager was very nice, giving you more opportunities to understand the company's culture.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Valeo.

Very Good Hiring Process,
    HR communicates for initial screening, schedules Phone interview & followed by plant visit.
    Its a great place to work for being clean & well organized. I was given Panel interviews with techanical staff.

Interview Questions
    • what are the 2 things about your self , not benificial for manufacturing   Answer Question
    3 weeks

Press Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valeo in March 2014.

I think it is not to hard

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valeo in June 2011.

Recruiter contacted me. Had 2.5 hour interview with Contoller and HR. Everything went well. Site Controller was very interested. Recruiter was told that they had 1 more candidate to interview, Following Recruiter was told that VP of Finance would have to make final decision and would mostly likely want to meet me. This week Recruiter and myself were notified that they had hired someone on Monday. Both recruiter and myself were caught by surprise. Truthfully, this is the best thing that cold have happened. Its funny how Employer wants employees to be honest and give 100% but they themselves can't tell treat people with respect and honesty. Its best to find out their true colors now ... then later.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valeo in April 2010.

I was contacted by a staffing agency I have never heard of before, asking me to go in for an interview with Valeo. The time and date was arranged by the staffing agency. Their Newport News office seemed very sparse and understaffed. Not much activity was going on, and it looked like they had just recently rented / moved into the facility. The interview process was rather informal, and all of the basic questions were asked multiple times by various members of the staff. The highest ranking manager that interviewed me was a gentleman from France, and he asked the toughest questions. His accent was fairly strong, which added to the difficultly of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • You currently have a successful job at your current company. Why would you leave it for ours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valeo in March 2015.

1-Applied online
    2-received a phone call telling me the interview day
    3-received a confirmation mail with a link for Embedded software materials to study before the test
    4-went to VALEO smart village to have the interview
    5-Technical Exam
    6-English Exam
    7-Technical Interview

Interview Questions
    • 1-Technical Exam : 70 detailed MCQ - Difficult

2-English Exam : 30 MCQ (20 Grammar - 10 Reading) + Writing at least 10 lines about success factors - Moderate

3-Technical Interview - not a specific question

View Answer

Junior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valeo in March 2015.

at one day I had English exam , technical exam and technical exam . English exam is easy ,it contained multi choice ,paragraph and other simple questions . Technical exam was good not too hard and not easy at the same time . I spent around one hour in the technical interview , it was in Arabic ,I enjoyed it a lot . questions about graduation project , c language ,rtos ,microcontroller and microprocessor . after 3 day I had HR interview .it was in English . It was a bad one . questions like what is your biggest achievement , what is your biggest weakness and so on and I didn't fell that interviewer was interested in me and what I did in university or after university

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between microcontroller and microprocessor ?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valeo.

Intense interview process at the time I joined the company: 5 interviews in one day, with some challenges to be addressed: Group Interview, Business Cases, HR Interview, N+1 Interview and Operational Interview. Overall, the experience was positive but also reflected an emergency in the staffing policy: no time to think twice : a clear take it or leave it answer was expected once I got selected for the position.

No negotiation possible - take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Valeo in February 2015.

My friend applied for me there.You have to write your cv very good. you have to convince them that you are the one for this position. i got phone call to technical test on computer "MCQ" and then English test .Two weeks after that i got another call for technical interview then Hr interview.That is it.

Interview Questions
    • write function to chech array of integers for dual direction in c language   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Valeo in February 2015.

Receiving a call from HR to identify an appointment to start hiring process

1-Technical Test for embedded system
    2-English test easy test.
    3-Technical Interview with lead Engineer there
    4-HR interview with HR manager
    5-Finally , GM R&D Manager interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about embedded system?
      at which stage the var x is stored in the memory ?

View Answer