Valeo Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Updated Jun 18, 2014

2.9

Vision Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tuam (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuam (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Valeo in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiting manager multiple times with even an interview schedule but each time the email kept going into my junk mail. Finally I saw the email and I contacted them back. They scheduled me for another interview. I spoke to them at an odd time (this position was in Ireland and I spoke at 4:00AM here in Dallas). The interviewer had a sarcastic yet humorous reply for everything I said (despite the sarcasm I thought the accent was awesome and also his wit). The questions were fairly easy but finally after the interview when it came to salary I said I wanted 90000 euros to which he said I am way off. He asked me to find out what is a better salary and get back to the recruited.

Radio silence afterwards.

Junior Embedded Software Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

interviewed at Valeo in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process at Valeo Egypt is :

1 - Technical exam that consist of 70+ MCQ about software engineering, C/C++, embedded systems, real time operating systems (RTOS), and data structures and algorithms.

2 - Technical interview with one of the team leaders.

3 - HR interview with the HR manager.

4 - English Test.

5 - General manager (GM) Interview.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Valeo in August 2013.

Apps,Tech-Written in which apps were from engg mechanics and etc technical from SOM majority
    Tech,HR-Interview Tech interview is very easy try to answer confidently and HR is just a negotiation process

Interview Questions
    • What is tolerance?
      Why is it given?
      Density of Al?
      Difference between Brazing and soldering?
      and very basic materials questions
        Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Valeo.

Interviewer arrived late, asked five non-related questions to the job vacancy and told me "We'll call you". They never did, I guess they already had the right candidate. The company looked big and serious, but like I said, they just interviewed me because we scheduled a meeting, but the vacancy was no longer available.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bobigny (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bobigny (France)

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Valeo in March 2013.

Only 2 interviews.
    The first one was with the HR staff to validate my personality and motivations. The second interview was a technical one where the Project Manager pushed my knowledge to the limit.

Interview Questions
    As it was an internship, there was not a lot of negotiation. Actually they pay more for an intern than the most part of the French companies

Productivity Buyer Interview

• Quotation and purchase of raw material for the Automotive Industry
    • Search, evaluation and selection of suppliers (National and International)
    • Elaborating and monitoring of Purchase Orders of direct and indirect material
    • Provide support to suppliers (requests, invoices ,payments)
    • Analysis and validation of price adjustments
    • Savings projects development
    • Monitoring and reporting of monthly purchase index
    • Support for quality incidents

Interview Questions
    • The transfer of production lines for customers like GM, FIAT, VW   Answer Question

SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valeo.

I had been contacted by head hunting company, I think only 1 interview round question for manual quality mindset. After interview okay before start job they have another test for IQ, English and logic but they said no result to hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The question is not so difficult for me, it just an normal question for basic quality tool like PFMEA, FTA and PDCA. In my case they said I have some basic mindset that they can develop me to suit with their organize.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Valeo in November 2013.

first of all, conduct the written exam which contents the numerical ability, engineering skills,english skills.and then shortlisted candidate will attend the technical interview and HR interview

Interview Questions
    • avg difficult most of written exam questions comes from indianbix.com website.   Answer Question

Software DSP Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Valeo in March 2013.

Applied directly on the website - valeovision.com. Got email reply after 3 days. Interview got scheduled immediately. 3 round of interviews. First telephonic technical interview, 2nd was video interview – technical and last was HR interview. After HR interview I got offer letter in 7 days. Entire process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were related to code optimization on TI DSP platforms and architecture of TI DSPs & other processors. Interviewer got in the details of VLIW architecture, processing modules, cross-paths, pros/cons of VLIW, code/data fetching in VLIW, etc.
      But no real googlies, I guess I was lucky.
        Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Verrière, Ile-de-France (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Verrière, Ile-de-France (France)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Valeo in October 2010.

I applied on my business school intranet, on Valeo website and I left a resume at my business school job fair. I got contacted for my intranet application, I then had a face to face interview directly with the controller, for one hour and a half, he first described me the position and the various challenges I will have to face

No negotiations

Worked for Valeo? Contribute to the Community!