Valeo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Valeo.

Interview

Before the interview with hiring manager, there was a short interview with the recruiter, talking about my background and visa status. Just briefly go through my resume, answered some behavioral questions, and talked about the position. Not so difficult. The hiring manager was very nice, giving you more opportunities to understand the company's culture.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Valeo.

Interview

Very Good Hiring Process,
    HR communicates for initial screening, schedules Phone interview & followed by plant visit.
    Its a great place to work for being clean & well organized. I was given Panel interviews with techanical staff.

Interview Questions

• what are the 2 things about your self , not benificial for manufacturing   Answer Question

Negotiation

3 weeks

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Valeo (Hamilton, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

You go to your interview and they see what qualifications you have, so it's best to take a resume showing you have experience in a warehouse. You can basically dress casual for the interview, no need to look professional.They have about 9 of you go to an orientation for an hour, then you're sent to take your drug test.They then send you to get your free steel toed shoes. After that you wait until they call for an opening.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have pertaining to this job and can you do what is asked?   1 Answer

Press Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valeo (Seymour, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

I think it is not to hard

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valeo (Auburn Hills, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Had 2.5 hour interview with Contoller and HR. Everything went well. Site Controller was very interested. Recruiter was told that they had 1 more candidate to interview, Following Recruiter was told that VP of Finance would have to make final decision and would mostly likely want to meet me. This week Recruiter and myself were notified that they had hired someone on Monday. Both recruiter and myself were caught by surprise. Truthfully, this is the best thing that cold have happened. Its funny how Employer wants employees to be honest and give 100% but they themselves can't tell treat people with respect and honesty. Its best to find out their true colors now ... then later.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valeo (Newport News, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency I have never heard of before, asking me to go in for an interview with Valeo. The time and date was arranged by the staffing agency. Their Newport News office seemed very sparse and understaffed. Not much activity was going on, and it looked like they had just recently rented / moved into the facility. The interview process was rather informal, and all of the basic questions were asked multiple times by various members of the staff. The highest ranking manager that interviewed me was a gentleman from France, and he asked the toughest questions. His accent was fairly strong, which added to the difficultly of the interview.

Interview Questions

• You currently have a successful job at your current company. Why would you leave it for ours?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valeo (Cairo (Egypt)).

Interview

I applied through the website and through an employee. They called me after 2 weeks to come for a technical exam.

When I went there i did a technical exam, english exam, technical interview and Hr interview

Technical exam and interview are difficult and require studying and reviewing old material.

hr interview is friendly, direct and basic without tricky situation questions.

English exam is relatively easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was almost a fresh grad with no experience in negotiating and they did not offer negotiating opportunity.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Valeo.

Interview

i applied online then got a phone call after a month or two .
    i was invited to a Technical and english exam ,
    after that a technical interview ,then HR Interview

Interview Questions

• why did you choose valeo
      what is the size of integar , what's the data range of char

Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valeo (Cairo (Egypt)) in March 2015.

Interview

1-Applied online
    2-received a phone call telling me the interview day
    3-received a confirmation mail with a link for Embedded software materials to study before the test
    4-went to VALEO smart village to have the interview
    5-Technical Exam
    6-English Exam
    7-Technical Interview

Interview Questions

• 1-Technical Exam : 70 detailed MCQ - Difficult

2-English Exam : 30 MCQ (20 Grammar - 10 Reading) + Writing at least 10 lines about success factors - Moderate

3-Technical Interview - not a specific question

1 Answer

Junior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valeo (Cairo (Egypt)) in March 2015.

Interview

at one day I had English exam , technical exam and technical exam . English exam is easy ,it contained multi choice ,paragraph and other simple questions . Technical exam was good not too hard and not easy at the same time . I spent around one hour in the technical interview , it was in Arabic ,I enjoyed it a lot . questions about graduation project , c language ,rtos ,microcontroller and microprocessor . after 3 day I had HR interview .it was in English . It was a bad one . questions like what is your biggest achievement , what is your biggest weakness and so on and I didn't fell that interviewer was interested in me and what I did in university or after university

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between microcontroller and microprocessor ?   1 Answer